Accepted! Class of 2015!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Starting at Barry in the fall!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!! :soexcited::clap:

Members don't see this ad.

NYCPM Class of 2015 (Fall)

with 16k scholarship.

WOOHOOOOO~ :D:thumbup:

anyone else attending nycpm this fall?

NYCPM Class of 2015 (Fall)

with 16k scholarship.

WOOHOOOOO~ :D:thumbup:

anyone else attending nycpm this fall?

So I finally decided after sitting on 4 acceptances for a month.

Got in to DMU, Scholl, Temple, and CSPM.

Will be attending TEMPLE in the fall!

Why?

I got a good overall vibe from the school, liked Philly a lot, it is close to where I currently reside, I have another family member going to school at Drexel, and I want to go to school in a city... being in my mid twenties I feel that if I do not go to school in a city now, when will I?

I was debating between Scholl and Temple for the last month and in the end I chose Temple because of the location and the weather. The academics between the two schools seemed comparable enough.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I finally decided after sitting on 4 acceptances for a month.

Got in to DMU, Scholl, Temple, and CSPM.

Will be attending TEMPLE in the fall!

Why?

I got a good overall vibe from the school, liked Philly a lot, it is close to where I currently reside, I have another family member going to school at Drexel, and I want to go to school in a city... being in my mid twenties I feel that if I do not go to school in a city now, when will I?

I was debating between Scholl and Temple for the last month and in the end I chose Temple because of the location and the weather. The academics between the two schools seemed comparable enough.

see you in the fall!!:)

I will be attending DMU this August and was accepted a few months back. Only just registered here at SDN; however, I have been reading the forums for a long while now.

NBLOVER, do you have any more interviews left? Are you leaning CSPM or other?

RATM, I had 5 interviews set up and I went to Temple and then CSPM when I got the acceptance. I am going to CSPM because I can participate in the WICHE (Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education) program and get $16K back each year if I go back to my home state.

Last edited:
I will be attending CSPM. I am thankful for the opportunity.

at the moment the list looks like this:

accepted:
barry (2.5k renewable scholarship)
ocpm
scholl (3k scholarship)

waitlisted:
DMU

unknown:
NYCPM

will probably be deciding between scholl, ocpm and nycpm (if i am accepted). anyone have advice?

Last edited:
woohoo, just found out that i've been accepted to NYCPM!!

now to decide between scholl, nycpm and ocpm... i'm kind of leaning towards either scholl or nycpm though.

Members don't see this ad :)
woohoo, just found out that i've been accepted to NYCPM!!

now to decide between scholl, nycpm and ocpm... i'm kind of leaning towards either scholl or nycpm though.
Congrats bro!

Go to the school the "feels best" to you... That is what many people on this board told me because at the end of the day, you gotta go where you feel like you can be the most successful.

I was debating between Scholl and Temple and chose Temple mainly because of location. I think I would go insane with the isolation of north chicago and the cold weather... but thats just because im used to the city! Like I said.. go where you feel fits you the best!

North Chicago is a suburb surrounded by other suburban towns with the cities of Chicago and Milwaukee less than 45 minutes away. From my perspective that is not really isolation.

I remember military boot camp in north chicgo. i remember taking the jam van around to different stores in north chicago, like the Gurnee mall. I remember taking train trip down into the actual city of chicago. I remember six flags great america. i remember going to bars in milwauke telling the girls we were navy seal doctors just to get laid. Ow the memories. Back to reality. Although this is not isolation, it is not a city. You can not compare the feel of being in the city when choosing between phili and north chicago. This is what emamerica was saying. And yes, those winters can be brutal. You know its bad when the military shuts down its schools. Can you say white out followed by the nasty brown old snow that never melts. All things being equal, i would move back in a heartbeat if not for my wife who happens to be from San Diego.

just got my acceptance to Scholl today and pretty confident that i am going to be attending there this fall...yay!

North Chicago is a suburb surrounded by other suburban towns with the cities of Chicago and Milwaukee less than 45 minutes away. From my perspective that is not really isolation.

No it is not isolation, and by no means am I trying to dissuade people from going to Scholl because the school itself is fantastic and it has a TON going for it.... at the end of the day I felt like I could be more of a success at Temple than at scholl because for me the environment where I live is really important to me and it makes me happy. I literally was down to the last minute when debating between these two places.

I felt like the academics were slightly better at scholl but I reasonsed that even if there are slightly better academics, I would probably be so depressed living in north chicago for 3 years that I PERSONALLY would not do well there (as I am used to living in big cities... there was a six month period of my recent life where I lived in a relatively isolated place and it drove me crazy). If I am happy I do better at school etc...

This is one of reasons why I chose to go to undergrad where I did as well and I am very happy with my decision.

Moral of this post... go where you feel like you can be the biggest success... get the best grades. rock the boards . get a good residency.

congratulations class of 2015ers!

wooooooot!

osbatj.jpg

I'm an Arizona boy, and after all the money stress and possibility for bedbugs, interviewing at other places, I have decided to remain in good ol' AZ at Midwestern's AZPOD class of 2015! I have also started a Facebook page AZPOD 2015. I was surprised there wasn't one yet, but with a class of only 30 this year it might make sense. I will be setting up a movie/meet and greet at the theater at my apartment complex for any AZPOD students who want to get together before school starts. Join on Facebook and we'll go through details! Good Luck Everyone!:thumbup:

Last edited:
I got accepted to Scholl!!!! Will definitely be attending there! Love the school! :soexcited:

I'm fairly certain I'll be joining everyone at Temple next year!! :D :D :D Cant wait!!!

Congrats to you! We interviewed together at Western a couple weeks ago! Glad you made your decision finally! Congrats!!!

I'm fairly certain I'll be joining everyone at Temple next year!! :D :D :D Cant wait!!!

Last edited:
Thank Andrew!! Glad to hear you're off to Scholl next year! I'm so happy for you, good luck next year!!!! :D

Unless you start masterbating in front of the interviewer, you made it.

Come on ******. Why do you have to make sick comments like that? Believe me as an attending I would never hire someone who makes sick comments like that.
You have some growing up to do.

Come on ******. Why do you have to make sick comments like that? Believe me as an attending I would never hire someone who makes sick comments like that.
You have some growing up to do.

Haha, this is great! I love how you tell someone to grow up and then call them a ******.

Haha, this is great! I love how you tell someone to grow up and then call them a ******.

:nod: I second that!

OCPM c/o 2015!! So stoked, even though I will probably be one of the elders of my class. Anyone know where they are living (aside those leasing with The Regency) yet? Can't wait to meet everyone!

North Royalton ... check it out

I have leased with Williamsburg Townhomes in Sagamore Hills. Moving in July 7th..coming from Florida. Hopefully I will get to meet some of you before the semester begins. PM me if you will be there and would like to meet up (perhaps at Winking Lizard) for a beer or two.