Accepted! Class of 2015!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You find out that day if you are accepted. If not, I hear you find out too. the cab guy told us that not all people are accepted post interview. The school is professional and feels that if you come in and endure that 930am-5pm interview day, they can at least let you know something ASAP.

PS Dr. Tran is the man!

Dr. Tran is the man!!! I was accepted the same day as well. CSPM class of 2015!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

:)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you guys going to review or read anything before classes start?

Yea. I just put my order in for all my books, and I received an email from my anatomy professor today that has slides/reading assignment in it.... im not even done w/ finals at my undergrad school and already have pod school work... let the fun begin :cool:

Yea. I just put my order in for all my books, and I received an email from my anatomy professor today that has slides/reading assignment in it.... im not even done w/ finals at my undergrad school and already have pod school work... let the fun begin :cool:

I wouldnt do it. Just enjoy your time now... School is hard but not impossible. Go out and do a little exploring, traveling, things you really enjoy because when school starts these things will be at a minimum. There is free time in pod school but it is limited. Again, its not impossible but you will have to really buckle down...

If you want to start early, I recommend you start reading research papers rather than trying to prepare for classes ahead of time. Research papers will help things later on in your education come easier even if you dont fully understand the paper.

How did you get the book list already?

Are you guys going to review or read anything before classes start?

Take time off while you can. You will have time after they teach the material, and if you start beforehand, it might reduce a little stress for the first week or two, but you will only get sick of school that much faster. Any chance you get to relax, utilize, because after classes get started, you don't have much time for it and you'll wish you did!

Accepted to Barry, OCPM, NYCPM and Scholl.

I live in cali and i am leaning towards NYCPM since its for the Jan start and it allows the classes to be spread over 4.5 years instead of 4 which would allow me to get the best grades.

However, i am also considering Scholl. I think i would also fit in well at this school

In the end i just want a residency in California. Do you guys think it would make a difference which school I attend for residency purposes? which should i pick? Do residency directors favor one school over another or do they not care about school names?

Thanks folks

:)

Last edited:
Accepted to Barry, OCPM, NYCPM and Scholl.

I live in cali and i am leaning towards NYCPM since its for the Jan start and it allows the classes to be spread over 4.5 years instead of 4 which would allow me to get the best grades.

However, i am also considering Scholl. I think i would also fit in well at this school

In the end i just want a residency in California. Do you guys think it would make a difference which school I attend for residency purposes? which should i pick? Do residency directors favor one school over another or do they not care about school names?

Thanks folks

Same boat as you, go where they give you the most scholarships? And then work hard. That's my plan.

How did you get the book list already?

got an email w/ a link to columbias bookstore. You put in some criteria in a drop down box and it tells you what books are req. for the classes :)

got an email w/ a link to columbias bookstore. You put in some criteria in a drop down box and it tells you what books are req. for the classes :)

Man, all I got from my school was a research magazine with a bunch of cool looking stuff. unfortunately, I had no clue what they were talking about. I'm just refreshing topics from my medical physio, med biochemistry, clinical anatomy, and med micro classes.

Members don't see this ad :)

Humm.. not exactly sure what to do now. All of my books have been backordered and they say i need them for my first day of class. Hoping that they get in before then i guess!!! :confused:

Humm.. not exactly sure what to do now. All of my books have been backordered and they say i need them for my first day of class. Hoping that they get in before then i guess!!! :confused:

Has anyone started the financial aid process yet or do we have to wait until Jan 01,2011.

dont order a single book until you talk to an current student. They will know which books are necessary, recommended or unnecessary. If you don't do this, then make sure to order an elevator key too.

dont order a single book until you talk to an current student. They will know which books are necessary, recommended or unnecessary. If you don't do this, then make sure to order an elevator key too.
This is very wise advice. The teachers told us to buy many different books and many times they were not necessary.

Accepted to Scholl on a half ride, Temple with $11,000, OCPM with $15,000 and DMU with $4,000. I have officially decided on Des Moines! See you all there next semester.

STATS

cumulative GPA: 4.00

MCAT: 27 (9V, 9P, 9B)

- Congrats Xforward22! Your stats are impressive, I am sure Des Moines is very excited to have you attending their school next year - good luck.

It was only like 3 books. They had roughly 12 or so on the list. But only I think 4 was marked mandatory. And they are the actual textbooks for the class, so i figured that it would be okay to go ahead and purchase them. Oh one was for dissection too so...

Hey everyone I just got accepted to Midwestern, DMU, and Temple and I am def. going with Temple. I had my interview at Temple last and I got my acceptance letter on Christmas Eve. I got a pretty nice scholarship too. I decided on Temple because of the great faculty and it seemed like their patient load was enormous compared to other schools I visited.

I am really excited to start in the fall and I will see everyone there. :thumbup:

Hello all podiatry students and prospective students!!! I am new to SDN and would like to make my announcement as to where I will be attending podiatry school. This brings me to (cue dramatic music) The Decision.

After considering all of my options with my friends and family, I will be taking my talents to .......

Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery.

I know administration from Scholl, Temple, and especially administration from my hometown of Cleveland, Ohio's OCPM are devastated. But this is what I feel like is best for me and my family. I would like to give thanks to all my supporters and fans. Thanks.

Ok, but seriously, I am super excited to attend DMU! Can't wait.

I couldn't agree with you more. See you in the fall!!

Hey everyone I just got accepted to Midwestern, DMU, and Temple and I am def. going with Temple. I had my interview at Temple last and I got my acceptance letter on Christmas Eve. I got a pretty nice scholarship too. I decided on Temple because of the great faculty and it seemed like their patient load was enormous compared to other schools I visited.

I am really excited to start in the fall and I will see everyone there. :thumbup:

Just accepted to Scholl and Ohio. Going to attend Scholl!!! :)

Just accepted to DMU! Plan on going on a couple other interviews but pretty sure on DMU!!!

Accepted to CSPM and Western University of Health Sciences but not sure which one I'm going to pick. I have to thank you guys on the forum for telling me to apply early because I got in! Yay!

Congrats on your acceptance to Western! You are the third including myself who I'am aware of that got in. Western all the way!

Congrats on your acceptance to Western! You are the third including myself who I'am aware of that got in. Western all the way!

Thanks! Congrats to you too! Making the decision now is going to be the hard part!

Accepted and going to scholl !! Congrats to everyone on their acceptance!

Accepted to CSPM!

Waiting on DMU, Temple, and Scholl...

Havnt had all of my interviews yet

Congrats on the acceptance to Scholl!!! Welcome...... and be sure to join the Facebook group.

PeaJay

Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine 2015! Has anyone created a facebook group for us yet?

accepted at temple :)

Congrats! Seems like there's been many acceptances at temple...I know it's still early in the cycle but does anyone know if there still would be seats in May at Temple? I am taking the MCAT in april and won't get my results until the beginning of may so I am hoping I will have a chance at a seat for fall!

Congrats! Seems like there's been many acceptances at temple...I know it's still early in the cycle but does anyone know if there still would be seats in May at Temple? I am taking the MCAT in april and won't get my results until the beginning of may so I am hoping I will have a chance at a seat for fall!
Here's what I would do Golden, Get everything to Temple besides the MCAT of course. If they're impressed you may get an interview, and pending MCAT score a seat. I would think that a few seats would be available at that time anyway, I didn't interview until the last part of May 2 years ago, and I'm now a second year at Temple.

Call up the admissions office at Temple though, they will have a better idea of how to help you. I'm sure you'll be find though.

Here's what I would do Golden, Get everything to Temple besides the MCAT of course. If they're impressed you may get an interview, and pending MCAT score a seat. I would think that a few seats would be available at that time anyway, I didn't interview until the last part of May 2 years ago, and I'm now a second year at Temple.

Call up the admissions office at Temple though, they will have a better idea of how to help you. I'm sure you'll be find though.

I actually submitted everything in September, they are just waiting for an mcat score to make a decision. I wanted to take the test in January but thought it would be best to wait until I took O.Chem. I have an avg. cum gpa and 2.9 Sgpa. I have been studying like crazy for the mcat so I am shooting for a 26 which will make up for my science gpa? Thanks!

I actually submitted everything in September, they are just waiting for an mcat score to make a decision. I wanted to take the test in January but thought it would be best to wait until I took O.Chem. I have an avg. cum gpa and 2.9 Sgpa. I have been studying like crazy for the mcat so I am shooting for a 26 which will make up for my science gpa? Thanks!
Does this mean you've already interviewed? I think if you've interviewed, and temple is just waiting for an MCAT like you've indicated, that you'll be sitting pretty with a 26 on the MCAT. Good luck, keep studying!

Accepted to Scholl and OCPM....not sure if I'm gonna pay a visit to DMU but leaning towards OCPM. Their staff was so friendly and has a nicer location and newer facility then Scholl.

For those of you who have interviewed at DMU what did you think of the school?

Accepted to Scholl and OCPM....not sure if I'm gonna pay a visit to DMU but leaning towards OCPM. Their staff was so friendly and has a nicer location and newer facility then Scholl.

I recently interviewed at Scholl, OCPM, DMU, AZPOD, and CSPM, so I believe that I could help you with my opinions of the school....

*I am NOT trying to start at what school is better thread*

Initially I was drawn towards OCPM. The facilities/technology are top notch and the staff seems very acessible. One down fall that I saw was the large class size (135?) and lack of integration with other medical professions. I was very impressed by DMU. It has a smaller class size (58) and it is integrated. I thought the campus was pretty amazing and the clinic was only one building away. The cost of living cheap and the city seems to have a lot to offer.

I would suggest you visit as many schools as you can and decide what "feels" like the best fit for you.

I chose DMU because of the facilities, board pass rates, integration, class size, the city, and it seemed like the best fit for me.

I recently interviewed at Scholl, OCPM, DMU, AZPOD, and CSPM, so I believe that I could help you with my opinions of the school....

*I am NOT trying to start at what school is better thread*

Initially I was drawn towards OCPM. The facilities/technology are top notch and the staff seems very acessible. One down fall that I saw was the large class size (135?) and lack of integration with other medical professions. I was very impressed by DMU. It has a smaller class size (58) and it is integrated. I thought the campus was pretty amazing and the clinic was only one building away. The cost of living cheap and the city seems to have a lot to offer.

I would suggest you visit as many schools as you can and decide what "feels" like the best fit for you.

I chose DMU because of the facilities, board pass rates, integration, class size, the city, and it seemed like the best fit for me.

Got an acceptance from DMU... so thus far accepted to Temple, CSPM, and DMU and waiting to hear back from Scholl.... will make a choice within a week. Really not sure what I am leaning towards. I am thinking temple?

Got into Scholl as well....

Sent my app out to Scholl, DMU, Temple, CSPM, and AZPod...

Got into Scholl, DMU, Temple, CSPM

AZPod not even an interview....

They are missing out on some great potential talent so screw them! Gonna decide within a week where I end up. I think I am leaning towards temple but scholl and cspm have things about it I like as well... very little chance its gonna be DMU

Accepted to TUSPM waiting for a response from NYCPM. Did undergrad at Temple, i think TUSPM will win unless NYCPM tops the $10k scholarship TUSPM offered. Cancelling the rest of the interviews