Accepted! Class of 2015!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Whoo! I'll be seeing you in Philly next year!

Accepted to and will be attending TUSPM
Stats: 3.28 overall / 3.28 science / DAT 20AA, 21TS

Who else is with us at Temple next year?

I'll include myself in that roll call....

See you in Philly in a few months!!

I actually got the accepted phone call while on my honeymoon with the wifey in Hawaii, Mr. Martin was surprised I answered the phone!!!:D

Members don't see this ad.

- Congrats to you Temple bound students, and an especial congrats to you shenanigans on your marriage!

Congrats to everyone on the acceptances, seems like a lot of people on here are going to temple....

Members don't see this ad :)
Going to Des Moines! anyone else decided on DMU yet?

I was just accepted at DMU as well. I most likely will be going there.

- Congrats to you guys on Des Moines! Let's keep the acceptances coming!

congratulations on the acceptances everyone! i'd suggest setting up a facebook group for your class, it's a great way to get everyone talking before school starts. also, you future DMUers be sure and check out our facebook group for the 2014 class :thumbup:

Congrats to the DMUers. If you have any questions feel free to ask me, the LSU fan boy above, or pacpod. More than happy to answer any questions. And the facebook group is a great idea, another avenue for meeting people and asking questions.

how long did it take after your interview to hear about your acceptance for DMU?

For DMU, I was interviewed on Friday, and recieved an acceptance email on Wednesday, so not too long of a wait

Members don't see this ad :)
congratulations DMUers...you're gonna be shocked at how fast august gets here now

Congrats everyone! I'm curious if any of you who were accepted heard anything about scholarhips? When do they give them, how much, what stats do you need, etc.? Thanks!

At Scholl, we were notified of any scholarships with our acceptance. The awards are to my knowledge mostly based on MCAT and GPA.

Accepted at NYCPM and TUSPM! :thumbup:

Leaning toward Temple.

^those accepted to temple, can you please list your stats?
and do you guys know if gre scores are looked down upon vs the mcat?

thank you!!

^those accepted to temple, can you please list your stats?
and do you guys know if gre scores are looked down upon vs the mcat?

thank you!!
My stats were:

3.28 overall
3.28 science
20AA/21TS/20PAT for the DAT's

I'm sure that GRE's are not looked down upon as long as you have decent scores and competitive GPA.

Accepted to DMU and OCPM!! Both look good but pretty sure I'm gonna go w/ DMU.

Got accepted into NYCPM

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone so far! Hopefully there will be more to come!

Accepted at DMU, was my first and now most likely my last interview. They offered $4,000/yr in scholarships, renewable each year if you're in the top 25%. I'm not sure what kinds of scholarships are with other pod programs, but i think the most DMU offered was 5k/yr.

I figured I'd put my stats up, since I wanted to see everyone else's.

Interview date - 11/19/10
Acceptance - 11/24/10

cGPA - 3.43
sGPA - 3.21
MCAT - 31 (12V, 10B, 9P)

Good luck to everyone, and I look forward to seeing you other 2015 DMUers.

Last edited:
Wow your MCAT is kick ass. Congrats on your interview and acceptance. Your Scholarship money is really good too! Sounds like DMU and Scholl give out very good scholarships.

Accepted to NYCPM, DMU, Temple and Western.....all great schools, but WESTERN all the way! Good luck to everyone.

Accepted to NYCPM for September! Good luck everyone!!

Hey everyone,
I'm a first year DMU student, and have definitely been happy with my decision. I interviewed and was accepted at Temple, Western, Midwestern, and Scholl, and it was a very easy decision for me after seeing the schools and getting to know the programs. All future DMU-er's I can't wait to meet you next year, and to everyone else, you are making a great decision. Podiatry is a great profession, and definitely worth all the hard work through school. Good luck!!

As several other people have said, get a FB group started for your class. That was really beneficial for us in getting to know some second year students, getting to find roommates, housing, outings, friends, etc.

Also, beware, Scholarships (at most of the schools) are based on either where you stand within the class, or as mine is, on your grade average (not related to other students). It is VERY EASY to lose your "free money" and then you have to scrounge for that extra 4-5 thousand, or for some students at other schools where living costs are higher even more than that. If you have any questions about school, scholarships, experiences, or anything else you can message me and I'll do what I can to help!

Look on the APMA website for the podiatry scholarships, there are several states that offer scholarships which are a pretty good deal.

Good luck!!!

Accepted to Scholl :D I'm fairly confident I will ultimately choose Scholl as well, but we'll see.

Dmu!! I am creating a DMU facebook group similar to class of 2014. look out for it!

Accepted to OCPM and Barry. Going OCPM, but boy the Miami area sure is tempting...

Accepted to Temple. and NYCPM but I liked Temple a lot more personally

congrats!

how was the interview? and do you mind sharing your stats?

Just got accepted to NYCPM today!!! and im gonna be starting in January! :D

Stats:

22N MCAT
Overall GPA: 3.7
sGPA 3.45

They offered me a very generous scholarship as well!

The interview was very laid back, and everyone seemed very nice! All of my questions were answered and the kids at the school seemed to really enjoy it there! (as much as you can enjoy school) I really enjoyed when we got to go into the clinic and follow a student for a while!

I found out yesterday! I cant wait to start :soexcited:

Are you guys going to review or read anything before classes start?