AACPMAS 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe the rule of thumb is up to 2 weeks? After that you could email the admissions office and ask

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
heyy sorry for posting so many questions but.. if i have green mark on mcat score, it means they received my mcat score from aamc?
But i didnt get any notifications yet about that.. How will i find out when they get it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 9.29.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 9.29.53 AM.png
    168.9 KB · Views: 99
heyy sorry for posting so many questions but.. if i have green mark on mcat score, it means they received my mcat score from aamc?
But i didnt get any notifications yet about that.. How will i find out when they get it?
Did you update MCAT after submitting the app?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes i submitted MCAT after submitting the app!
:<
I think you have to contact schools directly to find out if they got it. The green thing on app is just that you filled it out, like necessary components are completed.

But I wouldn't worry about it anyways, all schools will get the update within couple days for sure.

Reactions: 1 users

I just asked the AACPMAS ppl on their help chat box and they attached it right on. Mine looked the same before that.

So if you have the green check on AACPMAS they should have the scores? Because I sent my apps a few days ago and just went to AAMC 2 days back to send my scores electronically to AACPMAS. Is that the same thing or do I now have to wait the 10-12 days for the scores to be sent?

So if you have the green check on AACPMAS they should have the scores? Because I sent my apps a few days ago and just went to AAMC 2 days back to send my scores electronically to AACPMAS. Is that the same thing or do I now have to wait the 10-12 days for the scores to be sent?
Scores sent to AACPMAS is not the same as schools getting the score from AACPMAS and processing it. Therefore, to he sure your school got the score and actually processed it, you have to contact the school.

Im in the same situation
I tried the chat box, but they said for me to wait
So i emailed my score to the schools i interviewed at

Call AACPMAS, they will attach the score to your application. Then call the schools and make sure that they receive an updated application profile which should contain the score

Call AACPMAS, they will attach the score to your application. Then call the schools and make sure that they receive an updated application profile which should contain the score
If its been less then 10 days they tell u to wait :(

who is telling you to wait? AACPMAS or the schools? If you talked to AACPMAS and they attached it to your application then dont worry about it

Members don't see this ad :)
who is telling you to wait? AACPMAS or the schools? If you talked to AACPMAS and they attached it to your application then dont worry about it
Aacpmas told me to wait like 10 to 15 business days to be attached

Did urs change?

When I called AACPMAS to attach my MCAT score they did it immediately on the phone. Then i called NYCPM a day later and they confirmed that they received the score.

Same here DMU notified me that they needed my MCAT Score and that I should contact AACPMAS. I contacted them and they updated my profile with the score and now DMU can make a decision on my app.

Anybody heard back barry or kent after interview?
If so , when was the interview date?

HI all!

I am new to this forum ! i just got an interview invite from Scholl. Any tips ? Advice? thank you so much in advance !

Reactions: 2 users
HI all!

I am new to this forum ! i just got an interview invite from Scholl. Any tips ? Advice? thank you so much in advance !
Scholl is probably the most relaxed interview you will have. Just be yourself. If they invited you to interview it means that on paper you impressed them somewhat. Now they want to meet you in person to see if your a good fit for the program. Just don’t be super awkward and then you’ll be fine. Also if you have any red flags be prepared to explain them because they will bring them up. If you have anymore questions you can PM me. I’m currently a P1 at Scholl.

Reactions: 3 users
Scholl is probably the most relaxed interview you will have. Just be yourself. If they invited you to interview it means that on paper you impressed them somewhat. Now they want to meet you in person to see if your a good fit for the program. Just don’t be super awkward and then you’ll be fine. Also if you have any red flags be prepared to explain them because they will bring them up. If you have anymore questions you can PM me. I’m currently a P1 at Scholl.

Thank you so much! I actually just spoke to one of my friends from grad school thats a pod2 this year at Scholl and told me the exact same thing! So pumped! thank you for your advice !

So I interviwed at Temple and Barry and already heard back from Barry (acceptance) and my next interview is Kent, but Im not really motivated to go. In fact, I was thinking of cancelling DMU, AZPod, and Scholl as well. Am I missing out?? Should I still go even when I felt great about Barry?

So I interviwed at Temple and Barry and already heard back from Barry (acceptance) and my next interview is Kent, but Im not really motivated to go. In fact, I was thinking of cancelling DMU, AZPod, and Scholl as well. Am I missing out?? Should I still go even when I felt great about Barry?
If you can afford it, I would go. I went to 4 interviews, put down a deposit by October. In March, I decided to interview at one last school because I was worried I would regret not going. I ended up deciding to attend that school. Seeing multiple schools helped me realize what I actually wanted in a school. Just food for thought. :)

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted to Temple and NYCPM!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application and how long did it take for them to reach out for an interview?
I submitted my application on 8/14. Application was verified on 8/17. NYCPM invited me to interview on 8/20.

I submitted my application on 8/14. Application was verified on 8/17. NYCPM invited me to interview on 8/20.

Wow that was fast! I submitted mine completely on 9/23 and I still haven't heard back so idk if I should be worried or if they just take longer for some people. What were your stats like btw?

Wow that was fast! I submitted mine completely on 9/23 and I still haven't heard back so idk if I should be worried or if they just take longer for some people. What were your stats like btw?
Everything was good except my science GPA. cGPA:3.37 sGPA: 2.84 MCAT: 509

Do you know if your app was verified yet?

Everything was good except my science GPA. cGPA:3.37 sGPA: 2.84 MCAT: 509

Do you know if your app was verified yet?

Yep! My app was submitted on 9/17 and verified on 9/19 so I'm just waiting but I've heard of people much like yourself getting interviews pretty quickly. But nice stats! Your MCAT score definitely made up for your science GPA.

I have an interview at kent on 10/15 and DMU on 10/18. Any advice would be helpful
Review your resume, your extracurriculars, any negatives on your application, prepare to explain your grades, check sdn interview feedback. Most importantly, if you made it this far, they just want to know you as a person, relax and wow them

Hi everyone!

I plan to take my MCAT in January and was wondering if I would still have a chance to get into Barry or NYCPM. The rest of my application is complete but I'm kind of concerned it will be too late seeing how the seats fill up.

Thanks!!

Hi everyone!

I plan to take my MCAT in January and was wondering if I would still have a chance to get into Barry or NYCPM. The rest of my application is complete but I'm kind of concerned it will be too late seeing how the seats fill up.

Thanks!!
January isn't too late. Schools are still interviewing till June

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using SDN mobile

I apologize if this was already answered or if I'm in the wrong forum but I'm wondering what AACPMAS does with a W on your transcript. I saw in the grade conversion table that it's the same as an F, is this right?? I have a 3 from early on in my college years and didn't realize it would be equivalent to an F :(

Also, how do schools view these?
If it is simply a W, then it won't affect the GPA. If it is WF, then it will be considered as an F.

3 W's is not a lot. During an interview, they might ask you to explain it or might not. I don't think it is significant to pay attention to.

I apologize if this was already answered or if I'm in the wrong forum but I'm wondering what AACPMAS does with a W on your transcript. I saw in the grade conversion table that it's the same as an F, is this right?? I have a 3 from early on in my college years and didn't realize it would be equivalent to an F :(

Also, how do schools view these?

I have 3 W's as well and was asked about them at both of my two interviews so far, so if you do be prepared to explain them. Was pretty surprised since most people say they aren't a big deal, it definitely felt like it was at the first interview even though my reason was health related. None of my W's were in prereqs, just random science courses.

Hi I recently got interview invites to Kent and Temple, and was waiting for responses from other schools I applied to. As I will be flying out to these schools and am busy with school and work I am finding it difficult to make out time for the interviews until December. How long do you guys think I could possibly wait to do my interviews?

Hi I recently got interview invites to Kent and Temple, and was waiting for responses from other schools I applied to. As I will be flying out to these schools and am busy with school and work I am finding it difficult to make out time for the interviews until December. How long do you guys think I could possibly wait to do my interviews?

You should email the programs for a date when you are free (tell them you got current course-work to deal with first).
Dec-March is still considered early so you got plenty of time.

I got interview invites in August and couldn't go until late September/ early October! The schools completely understood as I have a crazy work schedule and had to save to afford all the flights. I would just talk to them about your situation and try to plan them as soon as possible for you. Obviously the sooner the better, but you have to do what works for you!

I got into a couple of programs but I am trying to decide between Temple and Barry (received the same scholarship from both schools). I loved Barry, had a great experience, and it seems their most recent pass rates are pretty good as well. But Temple consistently stated during my interview day that they are the #1 school and they have amazing pass rates. Any guidance or thoughts out there to help out in making my choice?

:laugh: at Temple telling you they are #1

Look at the overall cost between the two and attend the cheaper program. If your state of residence is either FL or PA then you can choose one program that way as well...living closer to home and state of future residency can help.

Hey everyone! I have an interview with Barry. Does anyone have any interview advice or helpful tips?

Hey everyone! I have an interview with Barry. Does anyone have any interview advice or helpful tips?
Don’t be weird or an idiot and you’ll be fine... If you have red flags be prepared to talk about them.

Know why Barry? why Podiatry? how would you explain someone else what podiatry is? Barry people are super nice and friendly if you know why you are interviewing there then you should be all set. Good luck!

Applied to 7 schools except Barry and AZPOD.
Got interview invites from all but Des Moines (probably because my MCAT score being unofficial as I sent like 3 days ago to AACPMAS).

Can I ask the schools if I can have later interview dates? I am attending WUCPM and CSPM very soon. Still debating between Temple, Kent, Scholl, and NYCPM as to which one to attend.

Can I ask the schools if I can have later interview dates? I am attending WUCPM and CSPM very soon. Still debating between Temple, Kent, Scholl, and NYCPM as to which one to attend.

Shouldn't be a problem.

Email them directly or the person who has been in contact with you regarding interviews.
Ask them for later interview dates due to conflicting schedules.

How long does it usually take to hear back from Western U after an interview?
Is November still considered an early interview?

HII! is there anyone here who has accepted a spot in Scholl for this coming year Fall 2020? or is there a page for accepted students? I just put my deposit down so I want to connect with future students!

Reactions: 3 users
HII! is there anyone here who has accepted a spot in Scholl for this coming year Fall 2020? or is there a page for accepted students? I just put my deposit down so I want to connect with future students!

Don't see a specific page but feel free to make one. You will be added to the Facebook group from Scholl admins.