AACPMAS 2015-2016 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They just back to classes/office on Monday. They also do interviews on Mondays and Tuesdays so they're very busy. Call Wednesday or Thursday for better luck. The pod admission office is 305-899-3123. If not, call the actual Pod School 305-899-3249. That one is to reach professors' offices and stuff once you're a student, but they can help you with admissions too and tell you when the admissions people will be in office that day. Good luck.

Thank you so much I called the number you posted and on Wednesday and got a response. They stated that it was still under review. Do you have an idea when they might contact me? Again I really appreciate your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you so much I called the number you posted and on Wednesday and got a response. They stated that it was still under review. Do you have an idea when they might contact me? Again I really appreciate your help!

When did you apply? When I completed my app in early October, a week had passed and I called. My app hadn't even been passed on for review and she said she would pass it along to the committee that day. I believe I called on a Wednesday, I got an interview invite on a Monday. So hopefully the call sped up the process for you.

Anyone interview at Scholl (or any north schools) in super cold weather? I am interviewing next week, and I have no idea how to combat professional wear with the cold weather. Heels/ boots? :cold:
( I am from FL lol)

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you apply? When I completed my app in early October, a week had passed and I called. My app hadn't even been passed on for review and she said she would pass it along to the committee that day. I believe I called on a Wednesday, I got an interview invite on a Monday. So hopefully the call sped up the process for you.

I submitted my application in September and sent all the other additional material in October. My fingers are crossed. The wait is making me anxious.

I submitted my application in September and sent all the other additional material in October. My fingers are crossed. The wait is making me anxious.
Just curious ChellyBean, is this the last school you're waiting to hear from?

That's quite some time. Any hiccups along the way? Had you contacted them before? Everything completed? Again, hopefully this speeds them up.

Anyone interview at Scholl (or any north schools) in super cold weather? I am interviewing next week, and I have no idea how to combat professional wear with the cold weather. Heels/ boots? :cold:
( I am from FL lol)
Bring boots with your flats and a thick jacket (prefaraby with a hood since you wont wanna wear a hat since it will mess up your hair and gloves and something for your ears like earmuffs) most of the campus is in one building but their clinic and housing are a walk outside so that will be the only outdoor thing youll do all day. Im sure if you ask they will let you go and get your boots jacket and other winter gear when you go outside especially if you are interviewing tuesday when its 11 degrees

( I am from FL lol)

Those equestrian (sp?) boots with heels are still en-vogue and should keep you warm. black heeled boots with black suit pants won't turn heads of anyone from up north. We get it. It's cold.

Just curious ChellyBean, is this the last school you're waiting to hear from?
That's quite some time. Any hiccups along the way? Had you contacted them before? Everything completed? Again, hopefully this speeds them up.
bobtheweazel: Yeah it's the last school I'm waiting to hear from. Took a trip to Japan for a month, thought it might make the wait less anguishing came back and no reply yet.
futuredr305: No major hiccups that I was aware of. The only thing that I recall is that when I called the first time in late September. They said that they didn't attach my LOR to my application and will do that after I hang up. I called again in November, they said that it was under review and it would be slow due to the Thanksgiving holiday. That's when I took my month long vacation to Japan. I cam back waited until after the Christmas holiday, called on January 6th and said it was still under review. Now here we are. I hoping to hear from them before the month is out.

bobtheweazel: Yeah it's the last school I'm waiting to hear from. Took a trip to Japan for a month, thought it might make the wait less anguishing came back and no reply yet.
futuredr305: No major hiccups that I was aware of. The only thing that I recall is that when I called the first time in late September. They said that they didn't attach my LOR to my application and will do that after I hang up. I called again in November, they said that it was under review and it would be slow due to the Thanksgiving holiday. That's when I took my month long vacation to Japan. I cam back waited until after the Christmas holiday, called on January 6th and said it was still under review. Now here we are. I hoping to hear from them before the month is out.
Well good luck then.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys!

I got an email from Scholl about 4 and a half weeks ago saying that my application is complete and that they would give me an answer back within 2-4 weeks in regards to my application status. I was just wondering if anyone has gotten an interview invite from Scholl these last few weeks? I know it was around the time of the holidays but I was just wondering if anyone else has not heard anything from Scholl in a while either?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys!

I got an email from Scholl about 4 and a half weeks ago saying that my application is complete and that they would give me an answer back within 2-4 weeks in regards to my application status. I was just wondering if anyone has gotten an interview invite from Scholl these last few weeks? I know it was around the time of the holidays but I was just wondering if anyone else has not heard anything from Scholl in a while either?

Thank you

Email Kim at [email protected] to follow up and check your status.

Hey guys!

Thank you
I called them last week and they were like the entire committee hasnt looked at your application give it a few more weeks. Its been 2 months since I submitted everything

Got in Scholl, yay! Now to decide between AZ & IL...

Reactions: 1 users
Hey Guys!

Just finished my interview at DMU yesterday and I was just wondering how long it took them to give back an answer?

Thanks

Hey Guys!

Just finished my interview at DMU yesterday and I was just wondering how long it took them to give back an answer?

Thanks

It took me 11 days to hear back from DMU. I interviewed in early December.

Hey Guys!

Thanks

Took me about 10 days. I know some individuals heard back within 6 days, which kind of freaked me out, but it worked out in the end. If you don't hear back within 2 weeks I would give them a call!

I last spoke with a representative with Barry U on January 5th and they said that they were still in review. It is now the 18th? Should I call again or wait another week? I finished my application sometime in November.

I last spoke with a representative with Barry U on January 5th and they said that they were still in review. It is now the 18th? Should I call again or wait another week? I finished my application sometime in November.

Try contacting them via email ([email protected]). I've emailed them in the past regarding my application status, and they were really quick on their reply. Good luck!

Hey guys!

Thank you

I got an invite from Scholl about two weeks ago, I'm interviewing this Wednesday. I was first contacted by Scholl on November 24th and didn't receive my invite until January 6th. I did have some issues with a rec letter getting there but don't stress about the wait time.

I got an invite from Scholl about two weeks ago, I'm interviewing this Wednesday. I was first contacted by Scholl on November 24th and didn't receive my invite until January 6th. I did have some issues with a rec letter getting there but don't stress about the wait time.
let me know how it goes. I wanted to interview with them tomorrow but they told me they didnt see my reply in time so im interviewing on the third

interview at kent and scholl coming up. you guys think im 'Late" since ill be interviewing in Feb?? applied a bit late and due to circumstances had to postpone both intiviews from this month onto next month...i hope im still okay. any thoughts??

interview at kent and scholl coming up. you guys think im 'Late" since ill be interviewing in Feb?? applied a bit late and due to circumstances had to postpone both intiviews from this month onto next month...i hope im still okay. any thoughts??
It is getting later in the cycle but go and kill your interview and you will be fine!

CSPM invite for interview. Any advice from those you were interviewed at CSPM would be greatly appreciated!

CSPM invite for interview. Any advice from those you were interviewed at CSPM would be greatly appreciated!
its fairly laid back, dress for the weather cuz theres outside walking and traveling. interview is a bit intense because its with the dean. if youre taking public transportation theres a shuttle from the BART station

Hey guys.

I just took the MCAT on Jan 22 and am waiting to get my scores. My cgpa is a 3.25 and sgpa is a 3.55. I should get an MCAT in the 497 - 501 range.

Is it too late to apply this cycle? Or should I be good if everything is submitted by the last week of Feb? Thanks!
Go ahead. It won't hurt. It would be nice not to have to wait a year.

There is a "what are my chances" thread.

Hey guys.

I just took the MCAT on Jan 22 and am waiting to get my scores. My cgpa is a 3.25 and sgpa is a 3.55. I should get an MCAT in the 497 - 501 range.

Is it too late to apply this cycle? Or should I be good if everything is submitted by the last week of Feb? Thanks!
Submit your app now then send in your score when its in you should be fine for one of the bigger classes

Is anyone here interviewing at NYCPM on 2/15 or TUSPM on 2/19?

Hey my stats are 490 and 3.6 sciencegpa

Great GPA man! when did you apply? and what were your EC's like? I just ask because I kind of applied late (November and January) and my GPA was lower than yours but my MCAT was a bit higher but AZPOD sounded like a great program. I have 2 II right now but I'm just wondering about the other 7 lol.

Great GPA man! when did you apply? and what were your EC's like? I just ask because I kind of applied late (November and January) and my GPA was lower than yours but my MCAT was a bit higher but AZPOD sounded like a great program. I have 2 II right now but I'm just wondering about the other 7 lol.

Thanks! Thats actually my post bacc gpa. So I would say my gpa is 3.3. I applied Jan 1 but my apps didn't get verified till about a week and a half ago. I think I have alot of ECs? haha I have about 85 hrs shadowing podiatrist, 170 hours and counting volunteering with red cross (leadership), 100 hours health internship at local hospital, been to a couple podiatry conferences, attended county meetings with podiatrists, I also work 2 jobs part time as a podiatry medical assistant and teachers assistant.

I was rejected from Temple, waitlisted at AZPOD, and interview at CSPM. I applied to all 9 schools

PM me if you have any other questions!

Thanks! Thats actually my post bacc gpa. So I would say my gpa is 3.3. I applied Jan 1 but my apps didn't get verified till about a week and a half ago. I think I have alot of ECs? haha I have about 85 hrs shadowing podiatrist, 170 hours and counting volunteering with red cross (leadership), 100 hours health internship at local hospital, been to a couple podiatry conferences, attended county meetings with podiatrists, I also work 2 jobs part time as a podiatry medical assistant and teachers assistant.

I was rejected from Temple, waitlisted at AZPOD, and interview at CSPM. I applied to all 9 schools

Did you get auto rejection from Temple or was it after an interview? I ask because I have a Temple and NYCPM interview coming up and I'm just scared the interview is for nothing cause my stats aren't stellar. It sounds like you have a pretty solid app, good GPA, great EC's, only downside is the MCAT. Basically my polar opposite in terms of gpa/mcat, I have cGPA: 3.28, sGPA: 2.93. Low science :( gpa. MCAT is 501 (127 Phys/Chem; 128 CARS; 122 Bio; 124 Psych). Shadowed a DPM ~50 hrs. Have ~50 hrs shadowing a group of anesthesiologists and nurses in a post op recovery room, Volunteered as an EMT for half a year during college, Had a 2 month summer clinical internship in Israel doing EKGs in the ER of a hospital and shadowing a few primary care physicians. Also assisted an MD in his clinical research, mainly helping with publication citations and helping with experiment design. Just feel like my sGPA and Bio MCAT score is holding my app back. :(

Hey do you think I have a chance. I am majoring in Microbiology with a minor in health promotion. I will be graduation with a GPA close to 3.0. I haven't taken the MCAT yet but I am studying for it. I went on a medical mission trip and did 1000 hours at a pediatric clinic in a middle eastern country. I have done 50 hours of shadowing a podiatrist. I have almost 2000 hours of research. I also volunteered at a nursing home for 200. I have an mcat arouhours.

Srry my mcat is around 500.

Hey do you think I have a chance. I am majoring in Microbiology with a minor in health promotion. I will be graduation with a GPA close to 3.0. I haven't taken the MCAT yet but I am studying for it. I went on a medical mission trip and did 1000 hours at a pediatric clinic in a middle eastern country. I have done 50 hours of shadowing a podiatrist. I have almost 2000 hours of research. I also volunteered at a nursing home for 200. I have an mcat arouhours.

I'm not an expert on the matter considering I'm applying as well. Is 3.0 your cGPA or sGPA? Also without an MCAT its tough to make a prediction on your chances and at this stage of the game, its getting late, if you decide to take the MCAT at its next available date, April 1st, you wont get a score until at least May 1st. Way too late in the cycle imo. Just take the MCAT next available time, April 1st, get a 500+ and you should be good for any school of your choice. You'd be applying next cycle but you'd probably get your first choice, or if you cant wait to start, apply for the January NYCPM class, you would get in assuming you do well on the MCAT.

EDIT: Ok so you have an MCAT? What is the score and breakdown?

Your gpa is fine. People have gotten accepted with your gpa. Def do well on your mcat though. Your ECs are great! Keep it up!

I'm not an expert on the matter considering I'm applying as well. Is 3.0 your cGPA or sGPA? Also without an MCAT its tough to make a prediction on your chances and at this stage of the game, its getting late, if you decide to take the MCAT at its next available date, April 1st, you wont get a score until at least May 1st. Way too late in the cycle imo. Just take the MCAT next available time, April 1st, get a 500+ and you should be good for any school of your choice. You'd be applying next cycle but you'd probably get your first choice, or if you cant wait to start, apply for the January NYCPM class, you would get in assuming you do well on the MCAT.

EDIT: Ok so you have an MCAT? What is the score and breakdown?
Thank you man also when is the latest I can apply for the January cycle? Like I am going to take the mcat again and I won't take until May 20 and I won't get the scores back until June 20 is that too late to apply for January?

Got to say it frustrates me when people say "you'll have your pick of programs" when referencing a sub 3.0 GPA and a low MCAT. Some of the pod programs (at least DMU and AZPOD) have stats on par with about than half of the DO programs in the nation. Not denying the fact historically close to 60% of applicants get a seat, but I think its far from picking and choosing where you want to go.

Got to say it frustrates me when people say "you'll have your pick of programs" when referencing a sub 3.0 GPA and a low MCAT. Some of the pod programs (at least DMU and AZPOD) have stats on par with about than half of the DO programs in the nation. Not denying the fact historically close to 60% of applicants get a seat, but I think its far from picking and choosing where you want to go.

DMU and AZPOD seem to be special cases, small incoming classes, but having close to a 3.0 GPA and a 495+ MCAT I think gives you a solid shot assuming you apply early to the larger programs (Scholl, NYCPM, Temple). But then again, acceptance doesn't exactly mean success in the long run.

Dude he said if I apply early like the first ****ing day I have a chance of getting in. He didn't say I was guaranteed any school of my choosing at anytime I applied. You need to relax your anus and take it to another thread.

@believechem
Wouldn't let me upload this to private message thing. This was my interview email for Western.

Screen Shot 2016-01-26 at 7.40.11 PM.png

That's awesome bro what were your stats?