AACPMAS 2015-2016 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Go to aamc.org and login
Under the services tab click the on "Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)" which then leads you to a new page
Click on "Get Your Test Scores". on the next page click the drop down menu for "My Reports" and click "Send scores electronically".
On the next page, you will type out AACPM (or just write "podiatry" and it will pull it up) and click confirm and send scores.

can u only do that once the score is in? can u set it up earlier?

Members don't see this ad.

can u only do that once the score is in? can u set it up earlier?
I'm not sure. I assume that you have to wait until your score comes in. It only took one day after submission through AAMC for AACPMAS to upload my score onto my application. Contact AAMC to be sure

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
At this point, how long after receiving materials does it take AACPMAS to verify your application?

Last edited:
At this point, how long after receiving materials does it take AACPMAS to verify your application?
I was going to ask the same question! They just received my transcript today and it says they're verifying. I'm wondering how long did this take for others in the past?

Reactions: 1 user
I was going to ask the same question! They just received my transcript today and it says they're verifying. I'm wondering how long did this take for others in the past?
2 - 3 weeks..

I was verified in about 24 hours. This was last week.

Verified this morning!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

so.....although i said my interview did not go too well, just got my acceptance!! So....i guess they go hard sometimes just to see how you react or confidence level
in a pressured situation...interviewing at scholl next week, my number 1 choice. but Kent is def a solid school and i like how its strictly for podiatric medicine...plus cleveland is pretty.

Reactions: 4 users
so.....although i said my interview did not go too well, just got my acceptance!! So....i guess they go hard sometimes just to see how you react or confidence level
in a pressured situation...interviewing at scholl next week, my number 1 choice. but Kent is def a solid school and i like how its strictly for podiatric medicine...plus cleveland is pretty.
omgosh congrats!!! you have to believe in yourself a little bit more!!! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Nice, congrats!

Hey a quick question about the application...I'm a non-traditional applicant (probably ~3-4 years out of college at this point), so for the experiences section, how old should the experiences be? Nothing in high school, for sure, but extracurriculars/volunteering/jobs in college are fair game right?
I'd definitely say so. They're definitely going to want to see a progression of your career and how you came to podiatry. Every experience you find applicable matters. Average age of most classes is 24-26 anyway so they see someone that's been out a few years all the time.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview invite to NYCPM and Temple! My top 2. Temple I already interviewed though at their winter internship so they made a mistake. Just waiting on a decision from them

Anybody wondering about waitlist movement. I was put on the KSU waitlist in October and was accepted last week with scholarship. It was a long wait but don't give up hope. I'm going to have to reconsider my school choices now

Interview invite at NYCPM! Any advice for, or information about NYCPM?

Anybody wondering about waitlist movement. I was put on the KSU waitlist in October and was accepted last week with scholarship. It was a long wait but don't give up hope. I'm going to have to reconsider my school choices now
That's really cool. Take financial help any way that you can get it! Do you think you were put on the wait list due to limited space, stats, or how the interview went?

That's really cool. Take financial help any way that you can get it! Do you think you were put on the wait list due to limited space, stats, or how the interview went?
It was because of my interview. It was my first one and I was really nervous. Interviewing is a skill that I didn't practice until after this interview

It was because of my interview. It was my first one and I was really nervous. Interviewing is a skill that I didn't practice until after this interview
Oh, got it. Well, it seems like everything has turned out well for you regardless so that's great!

Verified this morning!!

Any interview requests ? . received confirmation from 5 schools that my application is received but no interview requests till date.. Have a sGPA of 3.3 and GPA of 3.4.. MCAT : 503.. Any suggestions to call the POD schools to see why there is no update ?

Last edited:
Any interview requests ? . received confirmation from 5 schools that my application is received but no interview requests till date.. Have a sGPA of 3.3 and GPA of 3.4.. MCAT : 503.. Any suggestions to call the POD schools to see why there is no update ?
How long ago was your app verified? Or when did the schools send notice that your app was received?

Looking for some advice here. Accepted to Scholl with scholarship and Barry. Having a very tough time deciding between the two. Scholl has a great reputation and large alumni base but I am slightly concerned with their location in terms of access to clinical experience. Barry however has 3 clinics in local hospitals. In the end I know it will have to be my decision but I'd love to get some additional thoughts from everyone on here. Thanks for the help guys.

Looking for some advice here. Accepted to Scholl with scholarship and Barry. Having a very tough time deciding between the two. Scholl has a great reputation and large alumni base but I am slightly concerned with their location in terms of access to clinical experience. Barry however has 3 clinics in local hospitals. In the end I know it will have to be my decision but I'd love to get some additional thoughts from everyone on here. Thanks for the help guys.
You're worried about location with Scholl? I'm not sure about access, but since Chicago is such a huge city you'll more likely to be exposed to more and diverse cases there

I was just accepted to Temple!!! :)

hey yeah when were you verified? I was verified like a week ago and heard back from 4/7 schools. 3 interviews, 1 acceptance.

Did you post your stats in this thread?

I posted in the what are my chances thread a couple of months ago but I'll update it in the 2020 stats thread once I interview and hear back from NYCPM next week. In the meantime you can feel free to PM me :)

For Scholl a lot of the initial clinical experience will be at the onsite clinic, which from what I've gathered can fluctuate in how busy it is. So that shouldn't be a problem as far as access goes. The majority of your clinical education that's in Chicago I would think is probably best accessed by driving yourself or carpooling if you can, rather than taking the train if you live near the school. I don't think you will have anything short of a quality clinical experience in what you'll deal with there, and you can certainly do your externships elsewhere if you like. Hopefully someone else can chime in though that's a student there to give some insight into that.

First off congrats! I'll attempt to be as unbiased as possible as I chose Scholl over Barry. Long story short is that Barry's clinical exposure is hard to beat, and it's the one thing that gave me pause when accepting Scholl. All in all I feel the Scholl offers a total experience and more complete education. I'm not concerned with the clinical education offered at Scholl and I'd say they are probably in the upper 1/2 of the pod school clinical exposure. You also have 8 externships and chicagoland has a ton of different pathology to offer. I can't speak upon the onsite clinic #'s personally, but it was conveyed that you can see a few patient's to over a dozen a day which is pretty run of the mill as you will always have some variance day to day. You're not gonna have NYU or Temple volume, but you'll get good overall exposure.

If you're only consideration is clinical experience and that's all you're concerned with then I'd say your best bet is Barry. If you have considerations beyond your clinic time that's another story.

If you have any additional questions concerning pros vs cons of the programs just let me know.

I had my application verified a little over two weeks ago. I got interview invites from 2 schools right away but all i got from Barry was application recieved. Have a 3.2 sGPA and 3.4 cGPA and 504 MCAT. My podiatrist letter wasn't sent in till earlier this week. Is Barry just slow or should i consider applying to more schools (those were my top 3) because i don't want to limit myself this cycle.

I had my application verified a little over two weeks ago. I got interview invites from 2 schools right away but all i got from Barry was application recieved. Have a 3.2 sGPA and 3.4 cGPA and 504 MCAT. My podiatrist letter wasn't sent in till earlier this week. Is Barry just slow or should i consider applying to more schools (those were my top 3) because i don't want to limit myself this cycle.
Was the application fee debited from your bank / credit card

I can't offer a super complete opinion as I haven't spent much time researching Barry, nor have I visited the campus, but one of my best buds did and he gave me a pretty good idea of their structure. To me Scholl offers some great opportunities as far as having a massive alumni base that could possibily mean great connections for your career but the location in my opinion is less than ideal until your 3rd year when you could actually move into the city. North Chicago felt like a barren wasteland to me when I visited. The school itself is pretty sweet but being 45 minutes north of chicago was not going to do it for me. Once you get to your 3rd year I'm sure the clinical exposure will be pretty great in the city. Barry has those hospital systems so close and I'm sure it's a huge advantage in clinic. For me personally I always come back to board pass rates and how well/where the school places its graduates. Many people like to claim we all get the same education but you continually see certain schools killing their boards. Something has to be making this huge difference. Overall think about family, friends, and where you see yourself having the most success. Every place is going to have its pros and cons. Good luck with your decision :thumbup:

Reactions: 5 users
-->

Last edited:
You're worried about location with Scholl? I'm not sure about access, but since Chicago is such a huge city you'll more likely to be exposed to more and diverse cases there

How are you comparing Chicago as a "big city" compared to Miami?

Any way Barry has much more clinical opportunity than Scholl. You just cant beat 3 hospitals compared to 2 small clinics.

How are you comparing Chicago as a "big city" compared to Miami?

Any way Barry has much more clinical opportunity than Scholl. You just cant beat 3 hospitals compared to 2 small clinics.

Chicago is definitely a big city compared to Miami. It has nearly twice the population and is the 3rd largest city in the US. Barry definitely has Scholl beat out for any clinical practice the first 2 years if it's conducted at those hospitals vs a smaller on campus clinic, but when the bulk of clinical practice in the form of externships/clerkships begins 3rd and 4th year, I'm not sure how you can say Barry has way more clinical opportunity than Scholl. I can't imagine the Chicago metropolitan area being anything less than ripe with opportunity if all of the externships are chosen to be taken within the city, which through Scholl's channels, can also be had elsewhere.

Last edited:
Chicago is definitely a big city compared to Miami. It has nearly twice the population and is the 3rd largest city in the US. Barry definitely has Scholl beat out for any clinical practice the first 2 years if it's conducted at those hospitals vs a smaller on campus clinic, but when the bulk of clinical practice in the form of externships/clerkships begins 3rd and 4th year, I'm not sure how you can say Barry has way more clinical opportunity than Scholl. I can't imagine the Chicago metropolitan area being anything less than ripe with opportunity if all of the externships are chosen to be taken within the city, which through Scholl's channels, can also be had elsewhere.

Population of Miami: 5 million. Population of Chicago: 9 Million. So yes there are more people in Chicago, but if Scholl doesnt have the facility infrastructure to tap into that population it really doesnt matter. When you compare 2 small clinics (they are small, I have seen them) to 3 hospitals its simply not a contest because the "opportunities" of your school, as you put it, are limited to the connections your school of choice has established. I would not choose a school because you think that some opportunities will appear for you. Another factor is your class size. Scholl admits 100 students compared to Barry admitting 65. Clinical exposure is simply not comparable between these two schools. Well you could compare, but it is obvious Barry wins with clinical exposure and opportunity.

I would like to say that there are other things that Scholl has that Barry doesnt. Research opportunity is not great at Barry. There are more factors I wont go into here, but these two school are simply different I like both schools. Both are going to make you a great physician. I am simply pointing out the differences in clinical exposure. Choose the one that fits you best! good luck

Last edited:
Not yet. It turns out one of my recommendation letters weren't sent to the schools until Monday. I just became officially complete today. Fingers crossed there is some good news soon!! You might call and make sure all of your materials were received.

Population of Miami: 5 million. Population of Chicago: 9 Million. So yes there are more people in Chicago, but if Scholl doesnt have the facility infrastructure to tap into that population it really doesnt matter. When you compare 2 small clinics (they are small, I have seen them) to 3 hospitals its simply not a contest because the "opportunities" of your school, as you put it, are limited to the connections your school of choice has established. I would not choose a school because you think that some opportunities will appear for you. Another factor is your class size. Scholl admits 100 students compared to Barry admitting 30. Clinical exposure is simply not comparable between these two schools. Well you could compare, but it is obvious Barry wins with clinical exposure and opportunity.

I would like to say that there are other things that Scholl has that Barry doesnt. Research opportunity is not great at Barry. There are more factors I wont go into here, but these two school are simply different I like both schools. Both are going to make you a great physician. I am simply pointing out the differences in clinical exposure. Choose the one that fits you best! good luck

Barry admits more than 30

Population of Miami: 5 million. Population of Chicago: 9 Million. So yes there is more people in Chicago, but if Scholl doesnt have the facility infrastructure to tap into that population it really doesnt matter. When you compare 2 small clinics (they are small, I have seen them) to 3 hospitals its simply not a contest because the "opportunities" of your school, as you put it, are limited to the connections your school of choice has established. I would not choose a school because you think that some opportunities will appear for you. Another factor is your class size. Scholl admits 100 students compared to Barry admitting 30. Clinical exposure is simply not comparable between these two schools. Well you could compare, but it is obvious Barry wins with clinical exposure and opportunity.

I would like to say that there are other things that Scholl has that Barry doesnt. Research opportunity is not great at Barry. There are more factors I wont go into here, but these two school are simply different. Choose the one that fits you best! good luck
But you do understand that the majority of the clinical education is not done on the small clinic on campus? That's an initial training area for the first couple of years that squeezes into the 3rd year. Which again, that's AWESOME for Barry in what they have. And it's likewise awesome for the volume that Temple and NYCPM students see. But the second half of the 3rd year and onward does not rely on the infrastructure that is on the campus for Scholl. It relies on the infrastructure of the various hospital systems that already exist in and around the city of Chicago and throughout the Midwest that Scholl has established connections with, just as I'm sure any podiatry school does within their given area. I don't see a class size of 100 students impeding at all on the amount of clinical exposure that is available either. It's not as if they shove 100 students into one externship for almost 2 years. In fact, when I visited, the faculty and students there seemed to really pride themselves in that they offer more externship opportunities than any other podiatry school, which yes, go get them yourself, but these aren't opportunities waiting to appear, they are there. Again, this externship exposure doesn't have anything to do with the small on campus clinic in which I'm referring to.

Barry's class size is 67, Scholl's class size is 98.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Okay I stand corrected that they admit more than 30 haha

I think I was thinking of Midwestern admitting 30..

The principle still stands guys. The proportion of students to clinical opportunity at Barry is favorable when compared to Scholl. 100 students in 2 small clinics compared to 67 students in 3 hospitals.

Last edited:
None of the pros and cons for either Scholls or Barry will matter much if you cannot do well in your classes. You should pick the place that will give you the best all round experience. I am more than confident that I can be successful in all of the Pod schools but being from South Florida, and seeing how influential Barry's podiatrists are around in this region, made it a no brainer FOR ME. Take into account everything. Distance from family, weather, transportation, etc. All that stuff will have a play in how you settle in. How you settle in will affect your studies, especially at the very start. Take your pros and cons and imagine where you'd be able to see yourself for the next 4 years. Regardless. you will be a pod and the work you put in will be what will lead you towards success. If you're at Scholl and your clinical exposure is a bit more limited, kick ass when you're in there. Same for Barry. I'm pretty familiar with Barry (went there for undergrad) so message me if you want an unbiased review of the school (as I know it and saw it) and Miami in general.

Reactions: 4 users
On a good note; everyone has school pride :claps:

But I know that every single school is amazing. I am excited that we will be starting our path to becoming Podiatric Physicians. It will be awesome to meet and work with each other, especially with Podiatrists from other schools. I have nothing but respect for everyone going to any accredited Podiatry school and the HUGE amount of work we are about to begin.

Reactions: 6 users
It doesn't matter how "good" your school is or how great the clinics are if you can't pass your classes, fail your boards, or are "that guy" during your rotations. Moral of the story is that if you work hard and do what you're supposed to you will go far. The right attitude and a strong work ethic will take you anywhere you want to go. D*ck measuring aside we should all be blessed and grateful for this opportunity and all get along. We're all going to be colleaugues one day. Make your choice based off WHATS BEST FOR YOU. You'll be far happier in the long run. Cheers.

Reactions: 5 users