A Lighthouse, A Man, A City...A BioShock WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Please and I were the IRL seers the whole time.

Omg, I still can't believe @vetschoolsletmeinplease managed to dream my role.

For a while we figured that she had to be the watcher and was trying to telegraph what she saw.

Turns out she's just an actual psychic

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Omg, I still can't believe @vetschoolsletmeinplease managed to dream my role.

For a while we figured that she had to be the watcher and was trying to telegraph what she saw.

Turns out she's just an actual psychic

She freaked AM and I out lol because we both were the only people who knew I seered you neutral

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You're here for a good time, if not a long time. Each night you can send a player a posting restriction of your choice. Try to keep it fun and not too frustrating!

the post restricter could have done anything and chose gifs??

I am absolutely heartbroken about the lack of tiny kitten pictures

or haikus

or the such, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

or haikus

or the such, lol.
"Dear kitten..."

(Or was it dear puppy? I don't remember anymore)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

or haikus

or the such, lol.

I once made AM post gifs of DoubleDare host Marc Summers as her post restriction.

Some of my best work

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe I made you post gifs of people getting slimed on double dare??

I changed it every night.
Oh yeah, I remember now. I didn't know that was the guy's name, but the slimeposting was fun.

Reactions: 2 users
That explanation makes me so happy because I neeeeeeeeded her to to be wrong lol

I don't blame her for sticking to her guns tho. I just didn't realize my seering would give off notifications if I died and I wouldn't be able to tell her in the morning

Thanks mods for the game!!!

Super fun... though oh man it was the worst being silenced right when I was trying to make some moves. Especially the day none of the wolves could speak lmao.

• Haha
  • Care
I'm still sad my multi pack tinfoil was wrong.

I colour coordinated my spreadsheet for y'all and everything.

It was such a good theory.

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Shout out to @Zenge142 for making dead chat so fun!

Also good job Cray!! You put up an insanely good fight despite how tough it was. It was also great watching all the wifom. Btw that three way tie I was reeeeally hoping it would rng onto cray or that mods would decide to kill all of them so that I’d get cred for alley and Cray would survive. Sadly that backfired, rng really didn’t like us this game!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Shout out to @Zenge142 for making dead chat so fun!

Also good job Cray!! You put up an insanely good fight despite how tough it was. It was also great watching all the wifom. Btw that three way tie I was reeeeally hoping it would rng onto cray or that mods would decide to kill all of them so that I’d get cred for alley and Cray would survive. Sadly that backfired, rng really didn’t like us this game!
Turns out it was purely because cray and I couldn’t die lol

Reactions: 3 users
I did have my death gifs already planned.

songbirddead.gif

another death of songbird.gif

Just in case

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
ears creeping GIF

• Love
  • Care
The funniest thing is going through dead chat the wolves knew little sisters couldn’t be killed before big daddies and I required 2/3 of the vote to kill.
dude I would have been swinging so much harder if I realized the text with our role wasn’t just flare. It told us at the top we were a neutral duo and my description said this, “You know as long as you're alive, she will be safe. And you are damn hard to kill.”
legit just thought it was mod flare for a big daddy lol

and mods, I don’t think you made it too easy for us to play as village. I had to come out swinging as village due to all the sus on kata.
but at the same time I was willing to vote for people I thought were villagers (MsP) because her flip would benefit me. It was an interesting new way for me to play.
I’ve played 4 games total and have been village, wolf, and 3P. How cool.

@alleycat03 i am also so sorry for snapping at you on thread. I was so scared people were going to read me as wolf because you reacting to my stuff and it was a long day. <3

• Care
so like

seriously wolves

you both smoked sketchy ass cigs ON THE SAME NIGHT???
Yes, yes we did. It was ballsy. It didn’t really pay off, but Cray explained our reasoning behind it. Still mad that kill #3 didn’t go through. Interestingly enough, we were going to kill Lupin instead of LIS, but I’m glad we didn’t because it sounds like all of our actions would’ve failed if we did that.
Oh it was hiding

HA IM SO PROUD OF MYSELF FOR TAKING THAT MOMENT TO ROLE REVEALLLLL

On another note, WOLVES WHAT WAS WITH THAT 3 WAY TIE
Cray told me to bus her with my vote, so I did. It still kills me that I could’ve voted for Kata instead. However, knowing that she wouldn’t have died (since there weren’t 2/3 of a vote on her), a random villager would die instead is crazy.
I'm still sad my multi pack tinfoil was wrong.

I colour coordinated my spreadsheet for y'all and everything.

It was such a good theory.
I literally knew my wolf pack had 4 people in it and I still wondered if there was another 2 person wolf pack out there somewhere :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
@alleycat03 i am also so sorry for snapping at you on thread. I was so scared people were going to read me as wolf because you reacting to my stuff and it was a long day. <3
It’s all good, I wasn’t being as discerning as I should’ve been when liking posts as a dead person. If the post had strategy and IRL stuff both, I care reacted to some and probably shouldn’t have. I agree with Cray that it’s really, really hard (especially when you’re silenced) to not like posts when you’re not allowed to.

• Care
I was dying when everyone was throwing sketch about my role being a "watcher" and legit, there was a point on thread where AM had bitched about people not reading between the lines that she was seered by Dina.

And then shortly after she asked me why I'd suddenly changed my opinion on katamac
like a couple posts below samac posting she'd been camera'd
and I'm like:

ahhhh READ BETWEEN THE LINES

Same with Lupin.

I literally posted a long thing on her being sketchy
then night results come out and I'm like, okay, not a splicer, I'll look elsewhere and about face'd on her for like 24 hours
and she didn't get it at all. :(

(edited because I realized my gif was more aggressive than I meant to be, lol)

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
I literally knew my wolf pack had 4 people in it and I still wondered if there was another 2 person wolf pack out there somewhere :laugh:
Oh me too! I spent a good part of the early game wondering who was in the other pack.

• Wow
Oh me too! I spent a good part of the early game wondering who was in the other pack.
What, 4 wolves out of 26 players didn't seem like enough? :D

Of note, the original design had 5 wolves and a convert. The 5th had a yeet avoidance. I took those out and gave you guys extra kills instead. Still think maybe I should have made them strongarm kills instead of extras.

• Hmm
Yes, yes we did. It was ballsy. It didn’t really pay off, but Cray explained our reasoning behind it. Still mad that kill #3 didn’t go through. Interestingly enough, we were going to kill Lupin instead of LIS, but I’m glad we didn’t because it sounds like all of our actions would’ve failed if we did that.

Cray told me to bus her with my vote, so I did. It still kills me that I could’ve voted for Kata instead. However, knowing that she wouldn’t have died (since there weren’t 2/3 of a vote on her), a random villager would die instead is crazy.

Huh, I guess a random villager was supposed to have died when kata was unsuccessfully yoten. Whoops.

• Wow
1616131099485.png

I would just like to whine that this was my d6 spreadsheet (when I gave up on keeping it daily) and if I'd just kept going down my reads at that point I would have been much better served. :laugh:

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
What, 4 wolves out of 26 players didn't seem like enough? :D

Of note, the original design had 5 wolves and a convert. The 5th had a yeet avoidance. I took those out and gave you guys extra kills instead. Still think maybe I should have made them strongarm kills instead of extras.
Welllll I thought we had 5 wolves in our Wolfpack in the very beginning, because I thought SAR was not a mod. :whistle: So then I was convinced that there must be a lone wolf out there somewhere since 4 wolves seemed like not enough wolves

• Haha
Welllll I thought we had 5 wolves in our Wolfpack in the very beginning, because I thought SAR was not a mod. :whistle: So then I was convinced that there must be a lone wolf out there somewhere since 4 wolves seemed like not enough wolves
Yeah I would have had similar thoughts I'm sure. The neutrals didn't count for anything so really it was 4 wolves out of 22, which seemed fine numbers-wise given the alpha and extra kills. Sadly the neutrals decided they hated you guys :laugh:

• Sad
  • Wow
Yeah I would have had similar thoughts I'm sure. The neutrals didn't count for anything so really it was 4 wolves out of 22, which seemed fine numbers-wise given the alpha and extra kills. Sadly the neutrals decided they hated you guys :laugh:
The other major issue was my failure to recall the harvesting nights when you started the game. Harvest nights were supposed to be high-risk, high-reward, where LSs would be harvesting a dead splicer and both villagers and wolves could forego their actions to attempt to bring them down. There would be a chance of death, but once the BD was out of the picture and the LS was attacked, the ADAM would go to a random player and give them a bonus ability from a list they could chose.

The other major issue was my failure to recall the harvesting nights when you started the game. Harvest nights were supposed to be high-risk, high-reward, where LSs would be harvesting a dead splicer and both villagers and wolves could forego their actions to attempt to bring them down. There would be a chance of death, but once the BD was out of the picture and the LS was attacked, the ADAM would go to a random player and give them a bonus ability from a list they could chose.
As the big daddy, there was also trouble because simply my play style makes me hard to take down via vote as well. Hehe

Definitely got saved by please being village. Otherwise, I would have ignored all the calls for your village self and voted you anyway. lol
I almost got sassy and told you to put your freaking vote there because I was getting so tired of the little jabs at me, but I didn't because I was trying to keep my temper under control in this game* (rage!shorty has been a thing in other games and I don't like it). But ignoring all of those was sooooo hard, especially when I felt like I'd been working my tail off trying to game solve. It's hard when there's a lot of people whose metas are unknown!

*Which I think was mostly successful, other than when I snapped at @samac (sorry...). Kept rage!shorty under wraps this game.

• Haha
I almost got sassy and told you to put your freaking vote there because I was getting so tired of the little jabs at me, but I didn't because I was trying to keep my temper under control in this game* (rage!shorty has been a thing in other games and I don't like it). But ignoring all of those was sooooo hard, especially when I felt like I'd been working my tail off trying to game solve. It's hard when there's a lot of people whose metas are unknown!

*Which I think was mostly successful, other than when I snapped at @samac (sorry...). Kept rage!shorty under wraps this game.
Hey as long as I’m allowed to keep getting excited about lynching wolves/sad about losing villagers were all good.
I was in my PM like “.... but I always get excited :cryi:
And kaydubs was like a WW mom telling me it’s all ok lol

• Care
  • Love
AM, I am surprised you liked that, I thought you were pro-anger.
I am. I just also liked the justification for being angery. Being read incorrectly is a great reason to bring out the brass knuckled words.

You can also look at it like I helped prevent you as wolf kill since I kept poking. Teehee

Reactions: 1 user

The rage is half the fun, though, and the nice thing about being a villager is you can just escalate when people call you sketchy for it vs. when you're wolfing you really need to not be lynched lol.

Reactions: 1 user
The rage is half the fun, though, and the nice thing about being a villager is you can just escalate when people call you sketchy for it vs. when you're wolfing you really need to not be lynched lol.
See, my problem in the past has been that I get ragey, and then I'm wrong, so then not only am I worked up about whatever got me ragey in the first place, but then I'm pissed off at myself for being wrong. I've only been misyeeted once so far, so I can't really say if the anger in that situation helped or not - I'd say it didn't because I was so busy being angry that I forgot to self-prez.

Idk. Still learning. Haven't even done half a dozen games yet.

• Care