2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone, just got off the phone with admissions. Apparently, if you haven't heard back yet or your portal didn't update, it means your file got pushed to the RD pile. So it will take at least more than a month for a decision.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Hi! Just got an II and the earliest zoom session is on 02/05. Should I just schedule that or if I wait a day or two, will other dates pop up?

What’s available is listed. they don’t add earlier sessions to the calendar; they’ve just all been taken. You could maybe contact admissions and see if you can be notified if anyone drops out of an earlier zoom info session. But that’s probably it :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Is attending the optional campus day basically "necessary" for acceptance? Mainly curious because it is pretty far from where I live.

Have my info session Wednesday, how soon do they send the zoom links, and what should I expect? Is it just a QnA, or do they do presentations, and how long is it?

Have my info session Wednesday, how soon do they send the zoom links, and what should I expect? Is it just a QnA, or do they do presentations, and how long is it?

It’s multiple presentations with multiple Q&A sessions. It was 2.5 hr long for Erie/SH/Elmira but I’m not sure if Brandenton is different.

Hi everyone, just got off the phone with admissions. Apparently, if you haven't heard back yet or your portal didn't update, it means your file got pushed to the RD pile. So it will take at least more than a month for a decision.
Didn't even know that was an option. Hopefully we hear back soon

Yeah, unfortunately, I was really excited to hear back last week. If anyone else can call and confirm this, that would be great!

I did ED but but didn't hear anything last friday so I figure i got pushed to RD but I just looked on my portal and it said you'll receive your decision in the next 30 days.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Does anyone have insight as to what the group interview is like at the optional in-person visit?

Hi! Does anyone have insight as to what the group interview is like at the optional in-person visit?
Basically, they take a group of interviewees into a room and see who can do the most fortnite emotes and then who has the strongest muscles. Those two then are put to a lip sync battle and the other interviewees sit criss cross apple sauce spoons in a bowl on the floor and watch.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else just receive an email asking for fall grades when they post?

Hi guys! I just made an sdn account. Anyone know when is the earliest we can expect to hear back if we had the info session on 10/9?

Hi guys! I just made an sdn account. Anyone know when is the earliest we can expect to hear back if we had the info session on 10/9?

There’s no exact timeline. Days to months tbh- everyone’s experience has been different.

Reactions: 1 user
i dont understand- can you do the interview at any time but need to schedule the informations session ahead of time?

Reactions: 1 users
i dont understand- can you do the interview at any time but need to schedule the informations session ahead of time?
Yes but you are not considered for admission until the information session as you need both to be complete from what I understood when I asked them.

II today, submitted 10/17, forwarded to review on 10/26. Is it just a video interview?

Last edited:
What does the informational session do then?
You have to tape your interview AND attend an info session to get a decision.
In the info session you will learn a lot more about the school and its different locations.
You will need this info to understand the different teaching methods, and which ones are available where. You need to know this to rank the 3 locations in terms of best fit for you.

You have to tape your interview AND attend an info session to get a decision.
In the info session you will learn a lot more about the school and its different locations.
You will need this info to understand the different teaching methods, and which ones are available where. You need to know this to rank the 3 locations in terms of best fit for you.
But they based the decision on the asynchronous one right? And we rank, Elmira, eerie, and Stanton? I only applied to eerie LECOM, so idk if that includes those 3 campuses.

But they based the decision on the asynchronous one right? And we rank, Elmira, eerie, and Stanton? I only applied to eerie LECOM, so idk if that includes those 3 campuses.
Erie, Elmira, Seton Hill

I recommend you spend a bunch of time reading and exploring their website before you attend your info session, so you can make informed choices and ask relevant questions

Last edited:
Any advice for the interview video?? I have my info session in a few weeks and want to submit my video soon. What did y’all do that helped you prepare for it/ are there any obscure questions I should be prepared for??

Any advice for the interview video?? I have my info session in a few weeks and want to submit my video soon. What did y’all do that helped you prepare for it/ are there any obscure questions I should be prepared for??
It’s gonna feel awkward but honestly just go in with the standard answers and don’t ramble just to fill the time, if you feel like you got your point across just end the clip

I found prior interview questions on Reddit and practiced answering them within the time limits of the interview. This helped me identify things I needed to correct as far as timing etc! Also don’t forget to maintain eye contact with the camera not the screen.

Just got an A! Did my interview like oct 14 or something :))))

Reactions: 5 users
Nope! My informational session was the 16

I think the other person was clarifying bc it doesn’t matter when you completed the interview- LECOM considers your app complete when you’ve attended the zoom info session, not when you’ve submitted the interview recording.

I really like a lot of things about this school. The location, price, rotation sites, abilities to basically curate your own 4th year rotations, and the option to match into various specialties other than/in addition to primary care. These things make this school one of my top choices.

However, I have heard more bad things about this school than any other near me. I wonder if there is any validity to this and if I should be concerned. Let me know your thoughts, feel free to comment or message me :)

I really like a lot of things about this school. The location, price, rotation sites, abilities to basically curate your own 4th year rotations, and the option to match into various specialties other than/in addition to primary care. These things make this school one of my top choices.

However, I have heard more bad things about this school than any other near me. I wonder if there is any validity to this and if I should be concerned. Let me know your thoughts, feel free to comment or message me :)
Same here! Would also like to hear honest opinions from any current students or anyone who knows someone going here.

Anyone know if this school accepts letters of interest/intent and how we can submit them?