2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone gotten an acceptance yet? I interviewed in September! Thank you :)

Yeah if you go back through this forum you’ll see that multiple people have received A’s! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the 11/30 info session heard anything back yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Quick question for you folks. I had info session for Pennsylvania campuses on 11/21(no portal change yet) but on my folder items none have been checked off. However for the Bradenton campus (info sesh on 10/2- placed on alternate list) all of my folder items have been coded as received. Obviously Pennsylvania campuses must have seen I meet the requirements or I would not have been offered an interview. I’ll probably email admissions if I haven’t seen any change after the holidays but just wondering if anyone else has encountered something similar

Quick question for you folks. I had info session for Pennsylvania campuses on 11/21(no portal change yet) but on my folder items none have been checked off. However for the Bradenton campus (info sesh on 10/2- placed on alternate list) all of my folder items have been coded as received. Obviously Pennsylvania campuses must have seen I meet the requirements or I would not have been offered an interview. I’ll probably email admissions if I haven’t seen any change after the holidays but just wondering if anyone else has encountered something similar
That's completely normal for the Erie campus. I had my info session for Erie back in September, was placed on the alternate waitlist in November, and my checklist still only has red X's. For Bradenton, all of the items were checked off the week before my info session. When I went to the on-campus tour for Erie, I was told that the red X's aren't really an issue. It only becomes problematic (and you should email/call them) if most of the items eventually get checked off but some items remain with red X's.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get an email about the masters program? I had my info session in October

anyone interested in creating a discord (or GroupMe) for students who committed? please let me know! :)

here's the link if anyone who's committed here wants to join :)!

Can I fax the decision letter? I’m out of town and can’t get to a post office.

Anyone who did September info and interview heard? And if so what did you hear and was it by mail, email etc? I emailed 11/27 and they said it should be within the month (which is tomorrow, so I'm slowly going a little crazy) Thank you :) !

Anyone who did September info and interview heard? And if so what did you hear and was it by mail, email etc? I emailed 11/27 and they said it should be within the month (which is tomorrow, so I'm slowly going a little crazy) Thank you :) !

I’m surprised you got an email response. I interviewed in September. Nothing for me--not even a response to any of my emails

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m surprised you got an email response. I interviewed in September. Nothing for me--not even a response to any of my emails
I got the letter today and they emailed it last week as well. I thought they just sent a letter

I had my info session back in October and yesterday I got a phone call from admissions asking if I am still interested in the program. I was wondering if other people got this phone call? I said I was very much interested in still coming to LECOM and they said I should here back in a month or two. Does that mean they haven't made a decision on my application yet?

I had my info session back in October and yesterday I got a phone call from admissions asking if I am still interested in the program. I was wondering if other people got this phone call? I said I was very much interested in still coming to LECOM and they said I should here back in a month or two. Does that mean they haven't made a decision on my application yet?
Yes- but they want to make offers only to those who haven’t decided to go somewhere else. I hope an offer is in your future!

What kind of *so called* self respecting school interviews and promises students a decision at a given time only to wait months later to give them the decision. So much for their “professionalism.” I regret spending money on this school’s application.

Reactions: 5 users
Portal just updated today 14 day message. Info session 11/30. Not sure what this means lol.

• Hmm
Portal just updated today 14 day message. Info session 11/30. Not sure what this means lol.

It could mean a couple things. Most likely, You will get a letter informing you of your A/W/R status in fourteen days. Also possible, however, are that they send out your letter in fourteen days or that they forget about you and you never hear anything. With this oh-so-professional school, no one knows for sure

It could mean a couple things. Most likely, You will get a letter informing you of your A/W/R status in fourteen days. Also possible, however, are that they send out your letter in fourteen days or that they forget about you and you never hear anything. With this oh-so-professional school, no one knows for sure
Lol, sounds good; I appreciate it! best of luck to you

Rejected or Accepted, can’t wait to write this “professional” school a scathing email after my decision is released (if it ever is). Interviewed back in Early/Mid September. Selected ED for 9/30 decision and still not a single word from the school despite multiple emails and phone calls. Luckily I have been accepted to better institutions, but I am highly disappointed in this process. How the hell, do you promise early decision, and then take many months after the fact. No wonder so many people trash on admin at this school, hollow promises and lack of follow through. Pathetic.

Reactions: 9 users
is the info session (mine is online) a secret interview? or genuinely an orientation/info sess?

Purely an info session with an opportunity to ask questions.

• Love
Got to chime in along the professionalism angle. Unfortunately I have to agree. I applied for their DPM program and it was like pulling teeth to re-schedule my interview. The guy in charge of that was just plain rude then after I emailed him and said you know what, never mind, he calls within 30 seconds yelling at me that he's doing the best he can working from home.

I just hung up. True story. Maybe it's something in the water?

Reactions: 4 users
Got the informed delivery message

Anyone else not hear anything and had their info session in August? Feeling ghosted…thankfully I have an A at a better school but very sh**** of LECOM to do this to people

Cross posted to Bradenton

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone else not hear anything and had their info session in August? Feeling ghosted…thankfully I have an A at a better school but very sh**** of LECOM to do this to people

Cross posted to Bradenton
I'm feeling the same way and I had info early sept, have you emailed them?

had my info session in september. I called them and they said I might not hear back until spring...

• Angry
For those who got snail mail for their decision, how long did it take to come? My portal changed last Thursday, and I'm only 4.5 hours away from Erie. Still nothing. 14 day message.

by email or mail? Also what message did you have in your portal
I heard back about 1 month after the info session.

They got back via email and attached a letter: "The Committee looked favorably on your application: however, at this time, we are not prepared to offer you a seat in the entering class of 2024. Instead, we are placing you on the Wait List. As we move forward in the application cycle. we may be able to offer you a seat in the class between now and July 25, 2024. "

Admission status isn't updated yet. Still says "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

I emailed the form saying I want to be on the waitlist to their admission email rather than waiting for the letter.

Congrats! When did your portal change? Mine changed last week, and still nothing, lol.
I saw my portal change around December 15, the letter hadn’t arrived by december 22, and then I was on vacation until today.

• Love
Rejected or Accepted, can’t wait to write this “professional” school a scathing email after my decision is released (if it ever is). Interviewed back in Early/Mid September. Selected ED for 9/30 decision and still not a single word from the school despite multiple emails and phone calls. Luckily I have been accepted to better institutions, but I am highly disappointed in this process. How the hell, do you promise early decision, and then take many months after the fact. No wonder so many people trash on admin at this school, hollow promises and lack of follow through. Pathetic.
Same. Early August interview. Radio silence. This is a sign of a bad program

Reactions: 3 users
Hello everyone so I spoke to Lecom today and apparently the way in which applications are reviewed is through the review admissions committee and then the dean herself and she has been out for the last two weeks so things have been piling up. They also said that each review is done by what kind of pathway you chose, so she is just starting to review the lecture discussion pathway now. I was told that hopefully they would have an answer out within the next three weeks to a month and a half so fingers crossed.
(Just for reference for everyone I interviewed September 20th)

Reactions: 3 users
Hello everyone so I spoke to Lecom today and apparently the way in which applications are reviewed is through the review admissions committee and then the dean herself and she has been out for the last two weeks so things have been piling up. They also said that each review is done by what kind of pathway you chose, so she is just starting to review the lecture discussion pathway now. I was told that hopefully they would have an answer out within the next three weeks to a month and a half so fingers crossed.
(Just for reference for everyone I interviewed September 20th)
Thank you for this update! :)

I had the 14-day message on 12/28; checked the portal again today, and it said that my application had been withdrawn by my request, but I never did that. Had to contact admissions and still waiting. Kinda ridiculous since I've been anticipating an answer.

• Wow
I had the 14-day message on 12/28; checked the portal again today, and it said that my application had been withdrawn by my request, but I never did that. Had to contact admissions and still waiting. Kinda ridiculous since I've been anticipating an answer.
14day message. Got placed on the alternate list today.