2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One more question sorry! Does this school accept update letters?

Members don't see this ad.

One more question sorry! Does this school accept update letters?
They do. During my info session, they said that they accept 1 update letter per application cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, is it ok to do the interview the morning of the info session or does it have to be at least the day before

Hi, is it ok to do the interview the morning of the info session or does it have to be at least the day before

LECOM recommends completing the interview at least 48 hr prior in case you have technical issues, which at least one person has posted about having so it does occur.

I did it in the morning but probably better to do it at least day before

Hi guys,
For anyone who’s interviewed here, is it bad that I’m turning in my interview the day before my information session?

For context, I would have done it earlier but I’ve been sick for the past two weeks and couldn’t stop coughing so I didn’t wanna risk sounding whack during my interview.

I hope this doesn’t hurt my chances because I really ideally want to go to this school, I’ve heard great things about the program.

Hi guys,
For anyone who’s interviewed here, is it bad that I’m turning in my interview the day before my information session?

For context, I would have done it earlier but I’ve been sick for the past two weeks and couldn’t stop coughing so I didn’t wanna risk sounding whack during my interview.

I hope this doesn’t hurt my chances because I really ideally want to go to this school, I’ve heard great things about the program.

As long as it’s submitted beforehand it doesn’t matter

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys,

It’s ok, dont sweat it. I know someone who did it at like 3am on the day it is due, and still got in for this cycle. Just try to do your best! You got this :)

Members don't see this ad :)
It still says 14 day and you received no context? I would call.
Same here, tho my info sess was 10/6 and the portal changed 11/22 and I haven't gotten anything in mail or by email. (Usually it comes within 1 week for everyone)

WL info session 10/25 no portal change

• Care
ED, and still no decision lol. Maybe they meant 12/30 instead of 9/30

Wow. I did my informational on 11/30; I suspect I won't hear back for a long time, lol.
Imma try to look at past years and see how long it took for people who interviewed in late November to get an answer

Reactions: 2 users
It seems like November people got answers in mid January but it’s also all over the place because some people from oct last year still didn’t hear back in January soooooo

It seems like November people got answers in mid January but it’s also all over the place because some people from oct last year still didn’t hear back in January soooooo
Yup, I just saw all that. That thread was a mess lol

• Haha
I interviewed 9/26 and haven't heard anything :cryi: is that a silent R?

Withdrew my A and committed elsewhere … hopefully it goes to someone just as dedicated and passionate.

Best of luck to everyone! Remember, all roads lead to Rome.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Got waitlisted as an OOS applicant on 11/22, had my orientation session 10/10. Does anyone roughly know how many people usually come off the waitlist?

Last edited:
anyone interested in creating a discord (or GroupMe) for students who committed? please let me know! :)

Got waitlisted as an OOS applicant on 11/22, had my orientation session 10/10. Does anyone roughly know how many people usually come off the waitlist?

This has been asked pretty frequently across the SDN forums for all 4 campuses and unfortunately no one’s been able to really answer :/ I’m not sure LECOM releases that info.

Reactions: 2 users
Can someone tell me more about their interviews? I have to record a video and then participate in a Zoom meeting. Would love to know more about both those things and what should I expect and how can I prepare?

Anyone who had their info session in Sept still waiting for a decision? I checked on my portal and the folder items are still X's lol

Reactions: 7 users
Does this school ghost a lot of people?
That's how it feels right now, tbh I've gotten into another school I'd probably choose over lecom, but I still wanna hear back if I made the effort and paid the fee 🙃

Reactions: 3 users
That's how it feels right now, tbh I've gotten into another school I'd probably choose over lecom, but I still wanna hear back if I made the effort and paid the fee 🙃
Literally same, I got my A to my 2nd pick DO, I just wanna know now

Between rejection and recommendation for their masters program or being placed on the alternate list, which result means LECOM had higher regard for your application?

I interviewed on 11/28 and checked my portal today.

“The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days.“

This must have been updated recently because I swear I checked my portal end of last week. Hoping it’s a good thing, did anyone who interviewed around that time get this status update?

Saw the 14 day message on my portal today. Does anyone know if this definitely means an acceptance or is it mixed this year?

Saw the 14 day message on my portal today. Does anyone know if this definitely means an acceptance or is it mixed this year?
Also wondering this, I interviewed 10/17 and saw the portal change a few days ago

I got the 14 day message and got alternate.

Reactions: 3 users
+1 video interview invite my first one 😭

The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days. interviewed Nov 29. I am perspiring

What about 30 days? Like why do they send different days. Maybe it has to do with location?

Like I said, seems to be mixed. I don’t think it’s location specific bc I’m on the west coast and got the 14 day message.

The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days. interviewed Nov 29. I am perspiring

GL!!! It’s not over till it’s over!!!! ^_^

I interviewed on 11/28 and checked my portal today.

“The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days.“

This must have been updated recently because I swear I checked my portal end of last week. Hoping it’s a good thing, did anyone who interviewed around that time get this status update?
Did they send an email to you? Is it only just by mail they send the decisions out through?

Did they send an email to you? Is it only just by mail they send the decisions out through?
I thought it was by mail but I saw someone earlier also get an email on a decision. But I just randomly checked my portal and saw the update on my portal.

Has anyone gotten an acceptance yet? I interviewed in September! Thank you :)