2022-2023 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do you know what percentage of applicants receive secondaries?

They are extremely selective in sending them out. Don’t know a percentage though.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone called this school to ask about their status post-secondary? Wondering if it would be worth a shot tomorrow morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 7/25 and still have not heard an A/R answer with tomorrow being 2 weeks

Did your interviewers say how long it would take to hear back? Also, how would you say you interview was?

They said 1-2 weeks so I expected to hear something this past week as tomorrow will be 2 weeks to be exact. I interviewed at another school and heard back within 5 days.

The interview was okay. Compared to my other interview, it wasn’t as relaxed. My interviewers weren’t as chill and relaxed, more serious and to the point.

They said 1-2 weeks so I expected to hear something this past week as tomorrow will be 2 weeks to be exact. I interviewed at another school and heard back within 5 days.

The interview was okay. Compared to my other interview, it wasn’t as relaxed. My interviewers weren’t as chill and relaxed, more serious and to the point.
Is the other school ACOM? I think I saw you on that thread. I interview there in less than two weeks. Mind if I PM you?

submitted my secondary 07/03 and nothing. I also got a complete email shortly after that. I feel like that must mean I was rejected

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still not receive a secondary?

Reactions: 1 user
submitted my secondary 07/03 and nothing. I also got a complete email shortly after that. I feel like that must mean I was rejected

I submitted mine like a month ago. I thought about calling, but I decided against it. I figure I’m not their top choice.

Just called regarding my app status, and they said the same thing as my complete email. Just have to wait and hope to get that II because it sounds like they won't reach out unless it's for that reason.

To any current/former student lurking in this thread:
How is the environment at this school? Is the student body supportive or competitive? Do the faculty listen to/adjust to the concerns of the students? What kind of opportunities/activities are there to bring the medical school community together? What were/are your favorite aspects of attending WCUCOM?
Thank you in advance!

Secondary received today, submitted my primary on AACOMAS 3 days ago. On the email they send where it asks to do the essay, do they want us to physically write the essay and send it in?

Secondary received today, submitted my primary on AACOMAS 3 days ago. On the email they send where it asks to do the essay, do they want us to physically write the essay and send it in?
I typed it up on the PDF!

I’m confused about the interview. Is there any virtual orientation/event where we see a presentation from the schools’s adcoms? Or do we just show up for the interview at our time and leave?

Email I got. In case you didn’t get secondary.

Dear First Name,

Thank you for your interest in William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM). Your status is "Reviewed-No Secondary".

Admissions to WCUCOM is very competitive with over 3,750 applications for 200 seats. The WCUCOM Admissions Committee looks for an overall GPA of 3.5 or above and a science GPA of 3.5 or higher and an MCAT score of 504 (126 in each section with 126 or higher in CPBS-Chemical & Physical Foundations of Biological Systems and BBFL-Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems). The average accepted MCAT for last year's cycle was 505-506. We accept the January 2023 MCAT scores. If you decide to retake the MCAT, please call or email to let us know your new score and ask for a re-review.

Dear First Name,

Thank you for your interest in William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM). Your status is "Reviewed-No Secondary".

Admissions to WCUCOM is very competitive with over 3,750 applications for 200 seats. The WCUCOM Admissions Committee looks for an overall GPA of 3.5 or above and a science GPA of 3.5 or higher and an MCAT score of 504 (126 in each section with 126 or higher in CPBS-Chemical & Physical Foundations of Biological Systems and BBFL-Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems). The average accepted MCAT for last year's cycle was 505-506. We accept the January 2023 MCAT scores. If you decide to retake the MCAT, please call or email to let us know your new score and ask for a re-review.
Does that also mean that they screen the subsection for interview? I am sweating right now since I have a pretty BAD score on CARS.

Dear First Name,

Makes no sense. When I received a secondary my first MCAT was below the threshold. My GPA is way below that as well. I feel like they are just sending generic emails to those they rejected.

Does that also mean that they screen the subsection for interview? I am sweating right now since I have a pretty BAD score on CARS.
I received an II with a 121 on cars… aH mA

Reactions: 2 users
Makes no sense. When I received a secondary my first MCAT was below the threshold. My GPA is way below that as well. I feel like they are just sending generic emails to those they rejected.

Then..I’m lost. Oh well. Hopefully another school will actually look at my application.

So does WCUCOM send secondaries to everyone or do they screen first and send it to applicants they like?

Just curious, how do yk they're selective? Not trying to dismiss what you're saying, I'm just wondering
The secondary I received says the following.

"SECONDARY APPLICATION: After review of the primary application materials, competitive applicants will be selected to receive a secondary application to obtain additional information desired by the Admissions Committee. Not all applicants will be deemed competitive and receive a secondary application. The secondary application consists of a statement on how accepting the applicant will advance the mission of WCUCOM as well as attesting they can meet the Technical Standards for admission. There is no fee for the secondary application."

I interviewed on 7/25 and still have not heard an A/R answer with tomorrow being 2 weeks
i was lurking the 2021-2022 thread and saw that you can call to ask 3-4 days post interview to get an indirect answer because they can't officially send decisions until october 1st. not sure if this is still the case this year, but doesnt hurt to try!

Just curious, how do yk they're selective? Not trying to dismiss what you're saying, I'm just wondering
Here is what my secondary email states:

Congratulations! You have been selected to receive a secondary application for admission to the William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM). This means the credentials submitted with your primary AACOMAS application have been tentatively deemed competitive for admission, and we would like to learn more about you. After review of the primary application materials, competitive applicants will be selected to receive a secondary application to obtain additional information desired by the Admissions Committee. Not all applicants will be deemed competitive and receive a secondary application. The secondary application consists of a statement on how accepting the applicant will advance the mission of WCUCOM as well as attesting they can meet the Technical Standards for admission. There is no fee for the secondary application

i was lurking the 2021-2022 thread and saw that you can call to ask 3-4 days post interview to get an indirect answer because they can't officially send decisions until october 1st. not sure if this is still the case this year, but doesnt hurt to try!

Yes! I just did this earlier this morning! Thank you!

They could not give me an official answer but they did say emails would be sent out at the beginning of October
I saw that they kind of implied last year if you were accepted, did they do that for you? I'm debating calling because my interviewers said they would let me know in 2-3 weeks but if emails are sent in october i feel like that's not accurate now.

I saw that they kind of implied last year if you were accepted, did they do that for you? I'm debating calling because my interviewers said they would let me know in 2-3 weeks but if emails are sent in october i feel like that's not accurate now.

Sort of, I will say calling eased my nerves

I completed the secondary and then they emailed me back asking for a new science LOR. The only one I would be able to get is a physics professor who did not know me and would give a super generic letter. Do you guys think I should still do it? I got a II from another school I rank higher.

I'm a 51X, 3.5X, Massachusetts ORM.

I completed the secondary and then they emailed me back asking for a new science LOR. The only one I would be able to get is a physics professor who did not know me and would give a super generic letter. Do you guys think I should still do it? I got a II from another school I rank higher.

I'm a 51X, 3.5X, Massachusetts ORM.
I had a similar issue with a different school. I decided to do it because until you have been accepted you don't have any actual choices.
Plus their secondary is free which means you don't have to pay for it.

added this school yesterday and got a secondary this morning!! def don't meet the academic cut offs and still got the secondary !!

so just wanna confirm, we get 2 emails right. one saying they received our PDF and another saying file is complete and up for review?