2022-2023 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lmaoo the sour taste is so real. I got an email that my application was complete, and they didn’t even include my name it legit said “ insert name”

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lmaoo the sour taste is so real. I got an email that my application was complete, and they didn’t even include my name it legit said “ insert name”
Ok guys everything has been resolved. They emailed me saying I can interview on August 17th instead. But i also had the "insert name" thing on my completed email lol

Reactions: 1 users
Just received an interview invite. The email mentions that I am required to report to the Fail-Asbury hall at their campus on August 26 and should plan on spending the entire day there. I wasn't planning on it being an in-person interview... Are those of you that have gotten an II also doing it in person??

Reactions: 1 user
Just received an interview invite. The email mentions that I am required to report to the Fail-Asbury hall at their campus on August 26 and should plan on spending the entire day there. I wasn't planning on it being an in-person interview... Are those of you that have gotten an II also doing it in person??
Congrats! You mind if I asked when was your application marked complete?

As a Canadian, I certainly hope it’s not an in person interview… also wondering when you were complete?
Agree. But could also be an opportunity to check-out the school and area too.

@everyone applying. Could I ask what attracts you guys the most to this school? :)

Hey! When did you submit your secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Where are you from? I’m from VA and they scheduled mine virtually but gave in person as an option.

Where are you from? I’m from VA and they scheduled mine virtually but gave in person as an option.
From GA. I want to ask them if I can do it virtually but I am scared they might back out or something. The email doesn't mention anything about having the option to do it online

Was marked complete 7/20. 509, 3.6
Hey, it seems like you received an II well before others who were complete prior to you. Im just wondering if they skipped over those people or if your application was excellent, had ties to the school, etc.?

Has anyone received an interview invite prior to their casper results being released?

How did yours go?
It went well I think, I was nervous since it was my first interview and I think I definitely missed some of the points I wanted to mention but I felt like I came off pretty passionate and qualified. Wbu? Have you heard anything from them yet? (I know its super soon but just wondering lol)

Hey everyone!

I’m a current second year, if you have any questions about the school please feel free to ask!

It went well I think, I was nervous since it was my first interview and I think I definitely missed some of the points I wanted to mention but I felt like I came off pretty passionate and qualified. Wbu? Have you heard anything from them yet? (I know its super soon but just wondering lol)
congrats on your interview! did they tell you when you should expect to hear back?

I was complete on 7/17. I am seeing that people who were completed on 7/20 received an interview invite already. Does this mean I've basically been rejected?

I was complete on 7/17. I am seeing that people who were completed on 7/20 received an interview invite already. Does this mean I've basically been rejected?

My secondary was complete on 6/27. I haven’t received an II.
I assume that they will get through their preferred applicants first. After those start getting into other schools and rejecting them, then they will interview further.

My secondary was complete on 6/27. I haven’t received an II.
I assume that they will get through their preferred applicants first. After those start getting into other schools and rejecting them, then they will interview further.
When you say "preferred applicants" what do you mean? Also, how do you know that they are going through these types of applications first?

How many others do you know who were complete on 7/20 and received an II? Apart from the one person above in this thread.
Other than the one person in this thread, I do not know of anyone else who received an II after being marked "complete" on 7/20. I believe that med school applications occur on a rolling basis which is why I am assuming that I have been rejected from WCUCOM. Am I missing something?

You'll be fine. The word is that they only send secondaries to 25% of applicants, so they definitely are interested in you if you got one. I strongly believe you'll get the chance to interview. In last year's thread, people complete in July got IIs in mid august.
I did not know that only 25% of applicants get a secondary, is this on their website? Do you know how many secondaries and interviews they send out?
Also thanks for your kind comment :)

Hey group! Me again, just wanted to see what people were saying, so if they moved past our secondary, they may come back to us?

Hey group! Me again, just wanted to see what people were saying, so if they moved past our secondary, they may come back to us?
"You will remain under consideration until the class has filled." - Direct quote from my complete email. I think for now it's the well-rounded, high-stat applicants with possible ties getting the most love for now.

"You will remain under consideration until the class has filled." - Direct quote from my complete email. I think for now it's the well-rounded, high-stat applicants with possible ties getting the most love for now.
Is the complete email separate from the received email? I got an email seeing my secondary application was received, but it didn't state "You will remain under consideration until the class has filled."

I don't have my CASPER score released yet, for reference (at least I think it's not released).

Interesting, might follow-up with them tomorrow. I'm guessing I'm not actually complete because my CASPer hasn't been released to them, and they just wanted to acknowledge that they received my secondary.

Interesting, might follow-up with them tomorrow. I'm guessing I'm not actually complete because my CASPer hasn't been released to them, and they just wanted to acknowledge that they received my secondary.
I received the complete email before they received my casper score.

I got a secondary before I even did my Casper.

I called and they said it takes them 2-3 business day to go through everything and mark our application as “complete.”

I graduated from WCU in 2020. Let me know if I can help answer any questions. I’ll try to reply in a timely manner.

I graduated from WCU in 2020. Let me know if I can help answer any questions. I’ll try to reply in a timely manner.
What are the chances of receiving an II once you receive a secondary? Are there good opportunities to immerse yourself in research?

I just added this school to my primary. How long does it take to get secondary? I am OOS. ORM MCAT 51*, GPA 3.7+

Pretty sure I got screened out by since I got my new MCAT I emailed asking for a re review

After adding William to the primary last night I received the Secondary invite. Wow. Very quick

This is what they are saying:
A score of 504+ is generally required to receive a secondary application and be considered for admission.
a 3.5 or higher science GPA has been necessary for a competitive application

This is what they are saying:
A score of 504+ is generally required to receive a secondary application and be considered for admission.
a 3.5 or higher science GPA has been necessary for a competitive application
They’re more about mission fit than stats is what I’ve learned

Objectively they are filtering primaries for above stats before sending secondary. I copied and pasted from secondary

Objectively they are filtering primaries for above stats before sending secondary. I copied and pasted from secondary
They do consider those stats for screening, but many students in the past have mentioned they are big on mission fit. I didn't meet the MCAT requirement and was among the first wave of secondaries sent out. I can't attest to whether or not I'll receive an II though.

They do consider those stats for screening, but many students in the past have mentioned they are big on mission fit. I didn't meet the MCAT requirement and was among the first wave of secondaries sent out. I can't attest to whether or not I'll receive an II though.
+1 but received an II

Reactions: 2 users
I was just relaying what is mentioned in the secondary application . I am glad if everyone who sent in the primary got the secondary. It is possible they must have sent secondaries to everyone initially and then just have been flooded with primaries and decided to introduce the MCAT threshold.