2022-2023 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ahh complete on 7/17 but my casper score wasn’t reported until 7/21. I hope they didn’t wait until it was submitted. This is my top choice, desperate for an II here!
Me too!! Top school for sure.

Members don't see this ad.

Did other people in the thread say they received a phone call? I would be curious to why there is a difference?
I received a phone call. It was from the fmSTAT educational director setting up the interview for both the SOM and for fmSTAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else just get a pre-II rejection? Is it not a bit early for that? Complete 7/11.

OOS complete 7/10 --> pre-II R 8/11

"If you are interested in reapplying in an upcoming cycle, we strongly suggest that you consult with a qualified premedical advisor or a medical school admissions office to discuss ways in which you may be able to enhance your application"

Ouch VCU, ouch.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone who got an II or an R have a portal change prior to the status update? Mine has just said "application complete" since 7/5.

edit: did it say anything like "under review"

Last edited:
yeah that was a ****ty ****ing rejection email. like... is my app bad?
It's always constructive to have a bit of a reality check and introspect on one's application but I wouldn't dig too deep into their rejection email. I think it kind of straddles the line between blunt and rude but that's just my opinion. For what it's worth, I have an II a better MD school with the same application so there is definitely some subjectivity. Keep your head up.

I was complete 7/6 and didn't receive II or rejection, is it likely I'm just in some holding pattern now?

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
al
It's always constructive to have a bit of a reality check and introspect on one's application but I wouldn't dig too deep into their rejection email. I think it kind of straddles the line between blunt and rude but that's just my opinion. For what it's worth, I have an II a better MD school with the same application so there is definitely some subjectivity. Keep your head up.
also every school is (maybe) looking for some different qualities as well, so even tho they are saying that, maybe it is just not a good fit for their vision/mission, don't take it personally!! i am sure u have a great app

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
No pre-II yet thankfully. I feel like this is a big game of survivor...who's getting voted off the island this week? Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Rejected this morning, secondary completed on 7/8 (edit: I accidentally put 8/8 and freaked people out. My bad).

VCU just took a major L rejecting us. Keep your heads up!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Rejected this morning, secondary completed on 8/8.

VCU just took a major L rejecting us. Keep your heads up!
VCU? Very Cringe University (If you are a VCU adcom member please do not take this roast personally, it is to harvest internet points to relieve the pervasive numbness I feel as my future is decided behind closed doors and I am not privy to any of the decision making, resulting in crushing existential dread)

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
also just a point: VCU averages your MCAT scores according to MSAR so... for retakers like myself who got an R ... so nice of vcu <3 [Within 12 months of each other]

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
OOS Pre II R LM82 complete 7/7. At least the email was pretty funny, stay strong fellow rejectees

This thread really feels like the church scene in "Kingsman" except Harry Hart is VCU and we're just getting mowed down

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I took the old version of the MCAT (out of 45) how can they average that to the new version?

also just a point: VCU averages your MCAT scores according to MSAR so... for retakers like myself who got an R ... so nice of vcu <3 [Within 12 months of each other]
So if I took it over 12 months apart it won’t be averaged?

Hey when you people say it’s complete on some day, did you get a complete email or you are marked complete from the secondary portal?

Hey when you people say it’s complete on some day, did you get a complete email or you are marked complete from the secondary portal?
it's school dependent but for VCU, they sent me a complete email

it's school dependent but for VCU, they sent me a complete email
Oh I just realized I received a complete email too, but I thought it was automatic and no one reviewed it to see if everything is actually good. The email was sent right after I submitted my secondary

Oh I just realized I received a complete email too, but I thought it was automatic and no one reviewed it to see if everything is actually good. The email was sent right after I submitted my secondary
That probably meant you had all other require documents submitted before you submitted your secondary! As long as they say you are complete, you are good to go

Submitted primary August 1st (ED) -> Verified August 12th -> recieved secondary August 12th -> Submitted secondary August 15th.

Anyone else apply early decision this cycle?

Last edited:
Submitted primary August 1st (ED) -> Verified August 12th -> recieved II August 12th -> Submitted II August 15th.

Anyone else apply early decision this cycle?
just FYI that II is interview invite, not secondary

II at 4 pm EST! IS; non-trad, LM ~74. App marked complete 7/11.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi all - I have received this email: Your application has been received by the VCU School of Medicine and will now begin the process of evaluation. A preliminary review of your credentials will determine whether or not you will be invited to complete a secondary application. Please allow 4 weeks for processing of your application. I am confused by this...did everyone receive this email and did you get a secondary invite after?

• Wow