2022-2023 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That’s crazy, maybe they didn’t fill up their class as expected?

Members don't see this ad.

That’s crazy, maybe they didn’t fill up their class as expected?

Isn't that what the WL is for though lol? It's so weird that they're offering II for starting med school in a week.

Isn't that what the WL is for though lol? It's so weird that they're offering II for starting med school in a week.
they went through the waitlist! that's the only explanation that makes sense!

Members don't see this ad :)
got the notification today. not sure if I wanna proceed...

Completely agree, kinda scary in all honesty especially for a medical school

Just got the same email for the 2022 start date. Do we just not respond to decline, or do we shoot them an email?

Just got the same email for the 2022 start date. Do we just not respond to decline, or do we shoot them an email?
I sent them an email detailing wtf they are talking about to clarify. I prob will interview, while packing my bags and sending my notice to my supervisor at my job that i might be outta there.

For those of you who got a II, when did you guys submit the secondary. I have decent stats but haven’t heard anything. I would definitely consider starting in august

For those that got the II what are you leaning towards? I've got no idea what to do lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that got the II what are you leaning towards? I've got no idea what to do lol.
I'm taking the interview. My significant other is PISSED and crying a storm because we are supposed to be on vacation on Early August, but this throws a wrench in our plans until the next school holiday. I also have to move ASAP since classes start on August, and I will probably have to miss orientation and the white-coat ceremony. I am also applying HPSP so things get really damn weird.

why not just take the II? You can always deny the A if you get it
issue here is that no guarantee you'll get an A THIS cycle. as you know, med school admissions is a **** storm

issue here is that no guarantee you'll get an A THIS cycle. as you know, med school admissions is a **** storm
Ahhhh didn’t quite catch that, yea this whole situation is indeed a yikes

Ahhhh didn’t quite catch that, yea this whole situation is indeed a yikes
If all the people with the August 2022 II were guaranteed interviews for the 2023 cycle, that would be a W. But that aint how the cookie crumbles i suppose

On the secondary application portal, when I go to "application summary" it gives me the option to "upload" underneath where it says requirements. It doesn't say what to upload though or what the requirement is referring to. I've already submitted my secondary and all my LOR through AACOMAS. Does anyone have any clue what this is?

For those of you who got a II, when did you guys submit the secondary. I have decent stats but haven’t heard anything. I would definitely consider starting in august
I got my secondary 7/19 and submitted 7/22. Really fast turn around

been agonizing over this since yesterday. Orientation for Touro Nevada has already started, and if we get an acceptance and proceed, the whole move-in process will be a nightmare.

been agonizing over this since yesterday. Orientation for Touro Nevada has already started, and if we get an acceptance and proceed, the whole move-in process will be a nightmare.

I'm personally not going to do it. I'd be happy to attend TUNCOM, but I'm not a fan of rushed decisions, and I think I've spent too much time on working on my app to not even give the cycle a shot.

Reactions: 4 users
same here, its a strong program in Vegas (baby) but the logistical nightmare and the rushed decision making aint fun.

Reactions: 1 user
On the secondary application portal, when I go to "application summary" it gives me the option to "upload" underneath where it says requirements. It doesn't say what to upload though or what the requirement is referring to. I've already submitted my secondary and all my LOR through AACOMAS. Does anyone have any clue what this is?
I was wondering the same thing. I thought its for the letter of recs but I think they get those from AACOMAS

Decided not to follow through with the interview offer for the Aug 2022 cohort for some personal reasons that would not allow me to start schooling in a week.

I hope this wouldn't influence their decision to offer us an opportunity for 2022-2023? TUNCOM still remains as one of my top choices and would love to interview with them for next cycle. For those who declined did you respond back to the email or how did you do so?

Reactions: 1 users
Decided not to follow through with the interview offer for the Aug 2022 cohort for some personal reasons that would not allow me to start schooling in a week.

I hope this wouldn't influence their decision to offer us an opportunity for 2022-2023? TUNCOM still remains as one of my top choices and would love to interview with them for next cycle. For those who declined did you respond back to the email or how did you do so?
I would’ve sent an email, but I was actually called in addition to the email offer so I just declined on the phone call.

post-submission there is a requirement in my portal for the upload of a "Osteopathic Medicine Technical Standards" form. anyone else??

I called the office on the phone and she said they would send it out to us? But I am not sure if we need to submit that currently? Does anyone know more about this? @anyone who received a II, did you submit this form prior to your II?

Is there anyone having trouble getting to the school's online application website? It won't load and I've tried different browsers.

Is there anyone having trouble getting to the school's online application website? It won't load and I've tried different browsers.
Yeah neither Touro Nevada or Touro California secondaries are working

Has anyone heard from Touro Nevada yet about the August 2022 cohort? Was wondering if I am missing anything

Is anyone else’s LORs not showing up? I have an option to “add new record” but I am pretty sure I assigned letters via AACOMAS letter service already… my other schools received them.

I called the office on the phone and she said they would send it out to us? But I am not sure if we need to submit that currently? Does anyone know more about this? @anyone who received a II, did you submit this form prior to your II?
I did not

has anyone found out if this is what is required to be uploaded? I still see the spot to submit documents on my secondary.. don't want to hold up anything in the process
I'm just gonna fill it out and submit it. Takes 2 seconds.

has anyone found out if this is what is required to be uploaded? I still see the spot to submit documents on my secondary.. don't want to hold up anything in the process
I emailed them and they confirmed it is this form.

Reactions: 1 users
just got an email confirming my application. they said it is under review and will take at least 4 weeks until a decision has been made. submitted July 20

Just got an email about my app going into final review and would be notified of decision soon.