2022-2023 Texas Tech Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I love you! You got this!
There was no ice cream involved, but there was frozen grapes and orange juice

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II Received earlier today! IS URM, LM 70, Complete 8/25

Reactions: 1 users
II this morning! ORM and IS, complete 7/12, LM 73

Members don't see this ad :)
Y’all with IIs are in for a treat! Definitely my favorite interview experience I’ve had thus far. It was very laid back and they represent their school exceptionally well

Reactions: 4 users
So my interview is on 9/30. Do y'all think I'll be eligible for a pre match in October? Or is the turnaround longer?

IS II this morning. complete 7/2.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
OOS II received! 71 LM, ORM, and complete in early June. Good luck to the other applicants!

Reactions: 3 users
For people interviewing tmrw, the schedule in the email says it starts at 12CST but the zoom invite says it starts at 11CST - any idea which one is correct, and also where do we get the link for the student social panel tonight at 7, already emailed that rsvp email address.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know pre-match offers can be sent out starting 10/15 but since that’s a Saturday, how likely do we think is it that offers will go out on the actual 15th?

I know pre-match offers can be sent out starting 10/15 but since that’s a Saturday, how likely do we think is it that offers will go out on the actual 15th?
They might, and also schools can schedule an email in advance to go out on a certain date.

They might, and also schools can schedule an email in advance to go out on a certain date.
Good point! Good luck to everyone hoping to hear back for pre-match!

Good point! Good luck to everyone hoping to hear back for pre-match!
I'm trying not to get my hopes up since not many people get prematch offers, but it would take most of the stress out of my cycle if I hear back on Saturday

II recieved today 10/13! IS, secondary complete 7/17. There was only one date available,10/28

Thanks. Also, quick question I wanted to get peoples’ opinions about. Obviously none of us are on the admissions committee but on the “lessons learned from COVID” prompt of the secondary, I wrote that one lesson I learned from 2 years of the pandemic was that contemporary medicine has become more politicized. I didn’t delve deep into the whole democrats vs republicans idea at all but just in general, talked about how medicine has become more politicized than perhaps ever before. Do y’all think this was a bad idea considering Lubbock is conservative? Again, didn’t mention the words “democrats” or “republicans” once but just talked about how this was an interesting takeaway I had from covid. I’m hyper analyzing this now and wondering if it may have been misconstrued badly (hopefully not) by the readers. It was a super small 80 word paragraph which is obviously meaningless given the size of the entire application but any thoughts? Kinda just wanted some peoples’ opinions. Can’t change it now but any thoughts would be nice :))

Do people with low mcats still have a chance at a prematch or is it just the highest stats of all?

Thanks. Also, quick question I wanted to get peoples’ opinions about. Obviously none of us are on the admissions committee but on the “lessons learned from COVID” prompt of the secondary, I wrote that one lesson I learned from 2 years of the pandemic was that contemporary medicine has become more politicized. I didn’t delve deep into the whole democrats vs republicans idea at all but just in general, talked about how medicine has become more politicized than perhaps ever before. Do y’all think this was a bad idea considering Lubbock is conservative? Again, didn’t mention the words “democrats” or “republicans” once but just talked about how this was an interesting takeaway I had from covid. I’m hyper analyzing this now and wondering if it may have been misconstrued badly (hopefully not) by the readers. It was a super small 80 word paragraph which is obviously meaningless given the size of the entire application but any thoughts? Kinda just wanted some peoples’ opinions. Can’t change it now but any thoughts would be nice :))
I wrote about the same thing and specifically mentioned democrats vs republicans and argued heavily for evidence-based health policies. I didn’t hold back at all. Interviewing next Wednesday.

Im OOS and interviewed on 9/16. I absolutely loved my interview here and am so nervous about tomorrow since it's so much harder to get in out of state. I feel like my interview went really well, but not sure that will be enough. Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate for OOS applicants?

Im OOS and interviewed on 9/16. I absolutely loved my interview here and am so nervous about tomorrow since it's so much harder to get in out of state. I feel like my interview went really well, but not sure that will be enough. Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate for OOS applicants?
12 out of 130 interviewees OOS matriculated EY 2021. Not sure about acceptance rate though.

12 out of 130 interviewees OOS matriculated EY 2021. Not sure about acceptance rate though.
There is a cap of 10% for MDs and no cap for MD/PhDs. So the school could admit upto 10%.

Do a fair number of OOS applicants who interviewed prior to the 10/15 pre-match date typically get a decision on 10/15 or do those applicants mostly hear in March?

Do a fair number of OOS applicants who interviewed prior to the 10/15 pre-match date typically get a decision on 10/15 or do those applicants mostly hear in March?
@TeamTexas probably got the 130 interviewed data from MSAR or some place. People would hardly know how many students are offered prematches let alone how many OOS. Generally people are reading SDN threads to see whether there is a lot of activity and if a school has high or low numbers reporting early admissions. No one outside of insiders at each school would know the true numbers - IS or OOS.

First A!!!!!! Idk what to do with this pre match pls help

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
First A!!!!!! Idk what to do with this pre match pls help
If they ask for a reply say thank you!
Most TX schools don't require any deposit.
You can accept and hold all offers between now and match rank day February 17, then Match will sort you out.
Congratulations!

Read my post on TMDSAS questions thread over here: #338

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
If they ask for a reply say thank you!
Most TX schools don't require any deposit.
You can accept and hold all offers between now and match rank day February 17, then Match will sort you out.
Congratulations!

Thank you so much!!!

I also got the email at 11:40ish!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Got the A today at 11:53! OOS :)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Over here getting worried about not prematching. I told you that you’d get in. Never doubt the Thiccy.
You'll be good my friend, but I respect your concern. Nothing over here either, but refusing to give it much energy. Picking up some fried rice, new bath towels, and garbage cans for the family. Then home to watch a family flick, followed by a nice 6-mile run. Great day to get out and enjoy this never-ending sunshine lol!

You'll be good my friend, but I respect your concern. Nothing over here either, but refusing to give it much energy. Picking up some fried rice, new bath towels, and garbage cans for the family. Then home to watch a family flick, followed by a nice 6-mile run. Great day to get out and enjoy this never-ending sunshine lol!
you just inspired me to go to the gym, thank you!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Same man, I keep spam checking my email even though I’m pretty sure no more prematches from TTU are going out today. Idk I’m probably gonna walk my dog for an hour when I get off work and just enjoy being outside

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I meant that my friend here was worried about not prematching (not myself being worried). I told them that they’d be alright without a pre match and now they got that pre match. I’m really happy for them. And thanks Skep! I’m getting Chinese food with my family and gonna watch movies to celebrate today! :)

• Wow
I meant that my friend here was worried about not prematching (not myself being worried). I told them that they’d be alright without a pre match and now they got that pre match. I’m really happy for them. And thanks Skep! I’m getting Chinese food with my family and gonna watch movies to celebrate today! :)
I saw you got into Creighton, congrats! Hopefully you get some Texas love soon tho

• Wow
  • Love
I saw you got into Creighton, congrats! Hopefully you get some Texas love soon tho
Congrats to @MCAThiccy but he aint going there. It is freezing and snowing and whatever else for 6 months of the year. A true Texas boy needs to think twice about moving to Omaha.

I’m heavily considering the steaks and the zoo that they have
Did Warren Buffett say you could hang out with him at DQ for lunch everyday or something? Those Nebraska people are all hat no cattle, dont trust them.

• Haha
  • Wow