2022-2023 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I got a TCC application. I ended up denying it. It says that the quicker that you do it, the faster your application can move forward.
Although I am interested in family medicine, I don’t want to tie myself down to a specialty without first doing rotations.

Reactions: 1 user
Any update? Has anyone received the II for any of the campuses (especially Athens)? Anything other than the Transformative Care Continuum.

any oos ii yet? i know they don't take many oos, but they do interview like 5-10

• Dislike
Members don't see this ad :)
There were 19 students from OOS 2021-2022 cycle apparently. They probably accepted some more than that, so it's not just 5-10 lol

Reactions: 1 users
There were 19 students from OOS 2021-2022 cycle apparently. They probably accepted some more than that, so it's not just 5-10 lol
a friend of mine told me there are 6 people in her class that are OOS. might depend on campus.

a friend of mine told me there are 6 people in her class that are OOS. might depend on campus.
Yeah it takes all campuses into account. I'm IS but have not heard anything yet either. Live about 10 mins away from one campus 😢

Did you guys see the contract they make oos students sign? about committing to serve Ohio area for 5 years after graduation? So that's why they are very mission heavy and select only those OOS that will fulfill it.

Ah yes I did sign that contract
You figure since they make you sign it then they’d accept more OOS but I get that IS applicants would likely have a better mission fit anyway. Welp here we go

Yeah it takes all campuses into account. I'm IS but have not heard anything yet either. Live about 10 mins away from one campus 😢
Its been a while since they sent out an II. I hope you hear soon! If its been a month or longer, I would send out an email to ask!!

Its been a while since they sent out an II. I hope you hear soon! If its been a month or longer, I would send out an email to ask!!
Yeah hopefully! This is one of my top choices since I live so close and the fact that the tuition would be insanely good for med school. I don't generally email asking for my status since I would feel like I'm bothering the admissions team. Just gonna wait and pray for some good news one of these Wednesdays

Yeah hopefully! This is one of my top choices since I live so close and the fact that the tuition would be insanely good for med school. I don't generally email asking for my status since I would feel like I'm bothering the admissions team. Just gonna wait and pray for some good news one of these Wednesdays
they're very nice! so i might reconsider emailing. it kinda sucks that they don't hold any events, like virtual info sessions or open houses. i heard those are always good to go to.

they're very nice! so i might reconsider emailing. it kinda sucks that they don't hold any events, like virtual info sessions or open houses. i heard those are always good to go to.
Okay thanks for the tip! I'll try it if I don't hear from them sometime soon :)

Still waiting. This is my top Choice DO school. It would be nice to stay around where I live.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if being offered the TCC is a good sign, especially for OOS applicants?? Or is it relatively unselective ?

Just got a call that I was accepted into the Cleveland campus. The interviews were super chill. I was low keying stressing out about interviewing but they made me feel super comfortable. When you guys get an interview don’t stress about it, the interviewers want you to feel at ease so they can get to know that you’re a normal person.

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Got an acceptance for Athens! The interviews are traditional and conversational for those wondering. Also, I believe there was only 26 people interviewing today so there are still a ton of seats. Good luck!

Got an acceptance for Athens! The interviews are traditional and conversational for those wondering. Also, I believe there was only 26 people interviewing today so there are still a ton of seats. Good luck!
Congratulations on the acceptance! Did you interview and hear back on the same day?

This explains it the best I would recommend this program to anyone it gives you amazing habits to take with you into med school and gives you a chance to be an early interview

Hi!
Are you willing to answer a few questions about Summer Scholars? I am applying next month & have been looking for someone to chat with. Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone, current OMS-I at the Cleveland Campus as well as TCC Class of '25. Procrastinating studying rn, so if you have any questions about TCC or just HCOM in general, lmk!

Interviewing tomorrow, anybody know if it will be open or closed file? Thanks!
open-file. Are you an OOS or IS? I am an OOS, and this is my top choice, but I am unsure if I will hear anything. Also, good luck with the interview! you got this and let us know how it goes?

open-file. Are you an OOS or IS? I am an OOS, and this is my top choice, but I am unsure if I will hear anything. Also, good luck with the interview! you got this and let us know how it goes?
did u get an ii or just waiting for one?

Hey everyone, current OMS-I at the Cleveland Campus as well as TCC Class of '25. Procrastinating studying rn, so if you have any questions about TCC or just HCOM in general, lmk!

Hi! I recently received the TCC supplemental app. Can I receive an interview for regular admissions even if i’m waiting to hear back from TCC? or do they wait until the TCC interview to give me a decision?

Hi! I recently received the TCC supplemental app. Can I receive an interview for regular admissions even if i’m waiting to hear back from TCC? or do they wait until the TCC interview to give me a decision?

hello! If you are selected to interview for TCC, that will be your only interview. You'll interview with some general OU faculty (I interviewed with my now anatomy professor) and then the rest of the two days will be with TCC faculty and people at Lakewood and Akron (the two clinical sites).

hello! If you are selected to interview for TCC, that will be your only interview. You'll interview with some general OU faculty (I interviewed with my now anatomy professor) and then the rest of the two days will be with TCC faculty and people at Lakewood and Akron (the two clinical sites).

Hi! thank you for your reply :) do they generally take a while to get back to you about interviews if you choose to do TCC? I feel like maybe regular admissions moves faster?

Hi! thank you for your reply :) do they generally take a while to get back to you about interviews if you choose to do TCC? I feel like maybe regular admissions moves faster?
Not necessarily. I think from the time I applied (including TCC) to the time I received an interview invite it may have been less than two weeks? And then when I interviewed for TCC (a Tuesday and Wednesday) I heard by Friday that I was admitted at least to OU. The longest process was waiting to be admitted to TCC, because they do make sure to interview everyone through the spring before making decisions.

How soon did you receive a decision after the interview? Was it the day after?