2022-2023 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM-Jonesboro)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It’s pre-ii. It’s basically asking if we would still consider Jonesboro, and explains that if we are offered an interview at jonesboro and accept it our application with the NY campus is terminated
what is the criteria for getting it then? confused as to why I didn't

Members don't see this ad.

what is the criteria for getting it then? confused as to why I didn't
Hey, it's drthedude! Fancy seeing you here.

On my application, I chose the option that I would prefer the NY campus but would be open for consideration from the AR campus. The email I received today was basically just asking me to confirm that was still the case and if so, that I understood my application would only be considered for the AR campus in the event that I receive an II for the AR campus.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, it's drthedude! Fancy seeing you here.

On my application, I chose the option that I would prefer the NY campus but would be open for consideration from the AR campus. The email I received today was basically just asking me to confirm that was still the case and if so, that I understood my application would only be considered for the AR campus in the event that I receive an II for the AR campus.
Hey!! I had the same option specified, I may just reach out to them inquiring about my status and consideration for AR in that case!

Still haven’t heard back? This school ghosted me since July so I’ve pretty much forgot about them.
I wouldn't say ghosting right now. They review applications every month and they accept letter of intents/updates. I had a friend apply around September a couple years ago and didn't get an invite until February. The process is unpredictable but things will play in our favor in some way.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted today!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! Received three emails within 10 minutes of each other haha. The deposit deadline is 12/14 if anyone's interested

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those with As! I interviewed 9/29, and haven't heard anything yet. I'm hopeful, but anxious since it's been quiet. As the saying goes, "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst."

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to those with As! I interviewed 9/29, and haven't heard anything yet. I'm hopeful, but anxious since it's been quiet. As the saying goes, "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst."
same. was waitlisted last year... so I will live by that quote

Same!! I interviewed 9/1 and haven’t heard anything :(

September 9th Interview! October 14th Acceptance email!

Reactions: 2 users
Would it be wise to send a LOI soon if you interviewed early in the cycle but didn’t hear back last Friday?

Would it be wise to send a LOI soon if you interviewed early in the cycle but didn’t hear back last Friday?
It couldn't hurt... I don't see a negative in telling the school how much you want to go there.

Congrats to all those who accepted! I bet you all will be a great addition to the school next fall.

To those with radio silence, just wait your turn, and you will hear something. You will (more than likely) either get an A or a WL if you have interviewed. If waitlisted, you will again probably get an A eventually. Make sure to send in your updates as the school allows.

Hang in there!

I missed my interview invite and found it late, luckily still interviewed, felt like radio silence, waitlisted, then given an acceptance, and now interviewing at residencies. It all works out in the end!

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if they still require a booster shot? I took the two doses but never took the booster and I feel like it’s pointless to do so now… but I would still do it for medical school.

From the admitted student page:

NYITCOM requires the COVID-19 vaccination and booster for all medical students. Please submit proof of the completed dose schedule and booster dose of your COVID-19 vaccination no later than two weeks after submitting your Acceptance Reply Form. You will submit your COVID-19 vaccination via this portal.

Does anyone know if they still require a booster shot? I took the two doses but never took the booster and I feel like it’s pointless to do so now… but I would still do it for medical school.

NYITCOM requires the COVID-19 vaccination and booster for all medical students. Please submit proof of the completed dose schedule and booster dose of your COVID-19 vaccination no later than two weeks after submitting your Acceptance Reply Form. You will submit your COVID-19 vaccination via this portal.
I don't know the answer to your question, but can I ask why you feel like it would be pointless to do so now? I'm planning on getting the bivalent booster in the near future and am just wondering about your reasoning.

Yes, from what I know. They follow the basic requirements hospitals have for their employees and students so that you have no problem transitioning from 2nd year to 3rd year.

TBH, just get all your physicals and vaccinations up to date now when you are free instead of trying to fit it in right before school starts.

We don't want this to turn into a vaccine vs no vaccine debate here, this is not the place (Because people have in the past on SDN). Health professionals require proper preventative care, and vaccines are an important part of it. Expect it to be a part of your employment and career requirements for the remainder of your time as a doctor.

Yes, from what I know. They follow the basic requirements hospitals have for their employees and students so that you have no problem transitioning from 2nd year to 3rd year.

TBH, just get all your physicals and vaccinations up to date now when you are free instead of trying to fit it in right before school starts.

We don't want this to turn into a vaccine vs no vaccine debate here, this is not the place (Because people have in the past on SDN). Health professionals require proper preventative care, and vaccines are an important part of it. Expect it to be a part of your employment and career requirements for the remainder of your time as a doctor.
Ahh very valid; to be clear, my intent was not to start a debate! I suppose I was naive in assuming all of us here were generally on the same page re: vaccines. Thought maybe there was a hold, like what happened with J&J at one point or something along those lines.

I don't know the answer to your question, but can I ask why you feel like it would be pointless to do so now? I'm planning on getting the bivalent booster in the near future and am just wondering about your reasoning.

Because the Covid pandemic seems to be over so why would I get a booster, especially with pretty low efficacy rates because of the new Strains. They’re right about not turning this into a debate, I’m still gonna get the booster because I have to.

Hey guys, first post here. I interviewed yesterday! felt really good about it, hopeful for that A! Wondering if there are any others out there who interviewed yesterday and this past week as well?

Hey guys, first post here. I interviewed yesterday! felt really good about it, hopeful for that A! Wondering if there are any others out there who interviewed yesterday and this past week as well?

i have my interview in a bit, do you have any tips or advice?? my anxiety is taking overr

i have my interview in a bit, do you have any tips or advice?? my anxiety is taking overr
Hey! I'm probably too late, but I noticed that they have mandatory interview questions, these were very similar to ones I scavenged from online and the sdn interview page. You'll do great!

Think of it as a conversation. The person on the other side is just like your friend. Go to the mirror and do a pep talk if you need to.

Also deep breathing:

Find a comfortable place to sit with your back straight.
Place your tongue against the back of your top teeth and keep it there.
Exhale completely through your mouth around your tongue, making a whoosh sound. Purse your lips if it helps.
Close your lips and inhale through your nose for a count of four.
Hold your breath for a count of seven.
Exhale completely through your mouth making a whoosh sound for a count of eight.
This completes one cycle. Repeat for three more cycles.

Nice! Hoping you get that A! I interviewed on Tuesday and felt good about it too! Felt the interview was more conversational than anything.

Is the DO/Ph.D. option available at the Jonesboro location? Or is it only at the New York locations?

DO/Ph.D. Link

According to the link above, it looks like it is only available at the NY campus, but I'd also consider calling the school to see if you can transfer into it FROM Jonesboro. It looks like it doesn't start until after you've taken your COMLEX 1.

Last edited:
Just a guess, but they probably allow students from Jonesboro to apply, since the study courses are years 3-5, so they figure you can transfer to NY for that portion? I'd definitely call the school to confirm. Good luck, and probably congrats, since I'm guessing you were accepted. :)

Yeah contact the school to see what they say. From my understanding is you are allowed to apply from Arkansas, your PHD years are spent in New York and then you come back for your clinicals in Arkansas.

But they’ve done some recent restructuring to their para-graduate programs, so if you find out come back and let us know!

Is the DO/Ph.D. option available at the Jonesboro location? Or is it only at the New York locations?
Ooh good question! I asked this to my interviewer too but it was a bit confusing since they assumed I was talking about doing research with NY (not through the dual degree) and they said it is possible for any students in AR to complete research in NY if they find a lab that accepts them .
But I wonder how lab rotations would work prior to a DO student's PhD years since it would technically have to be all virtual if its NY labs? Cuz we will have to be present for classes in AR ...

can i pm someone about the interview? mine is coming up and I wanted to prepare!

I was wondering if anyone who received the email asking if they are still interested in the Arkansas location got an II. When I got the email I thought it meant an interview was coming soon but it has been silent so far.

Just a guess, but they probably allow students from Jonesboro to apply, since the study courses are years 3-5, so they figure you can transfer to NY for that portion? I'd definitely call the school to confirm. Good luck, and probably congrats, since I'm guessing you were accepted. :)
I earned an interview invite and my interview is coming up fairly soon
I was wondering if anyone who received the email asking if they are still interested in the Arkansas location got an II. When I got the email I thought it meant an interview was coming soon but it has been silent so far.
I got an email asking if I was still interested in Arkansas and I said yes. Though I did write about the NY location for the first question of my secondary app. so I am a little concerned that this may harm my chances of a potential acceptance

I got an email asking if I was still interested in Arkansas and I said yes. Though I did write about the NY location for the first question of my secondary app. so I am a little concerned that this may harm my chances of a potential acceptance
How soon after sending the email did you get an interview?

16 days, but I wrote about the NY campus for my secondary app. Do you guys think that this may negatively affect me?
I don't think so, not if your interview goes well. If you're very concerned about it, you could probably send a supplemental essay/email to the admissions office and ask that it be added to your file, but again, I don't think it'll be a big issue if you've made it to the interview. Good luck!

So I applied 9/30 and I still haven't heard back. This has been one of the worst schools to respond in a timely manner not to mention that my interviewer was 20 minutes late... Did any of you have a similar experience for NYIT-Jonesboro??

• Hmm
So I applied 9/30 and I still haven't heard back. This has been one of the worst schools to respond in a timely manner not to mention that my interviewer was 20 minutes late... Did any of you have a similar experience for NYIT-Jonesboro??
I'm confused, you applied and didn't hear back, or you interviewed and never heard back?