2022-2023 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM-Jonesboro)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At the preinterview orientation yesterday, did they disclose when they will send acceptances? They are starting interviews earlier this year
, so I was wondering if we would see acceptances in late September instead of October.
I left about 20 minutes before it ended, so that might have been asked in those last 20 minutes, but I personally didn't hear them mention any specific timeframe for acceptances being given out post-interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Actually, maybe not... I was complete 7/8.

View attachment 358986
I wouldn’t get discouraged. In last years pre-interview session, they said they constantly evaluate applications. Plus, I don’t think they send II on a monthly basis. I got the II a week after cyclic wizard did. It is still early in the cycle. You got this!

Reactions: 1 users
Just had my interview today as OOS. Was chill and very laid back!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if thank you emails after an interview are okay for this school? I heard some schools don’t want students to send anything and others who appreciate it… also not sure if it’s best to send it to the interviewer directly or to adcoms

Does anyone know if thank you emails after an interview are okay for this school? I heard some schools don’t want students to send anything and others who appreciate it… also not sure if it’s best to send it to the interviewer directly or to adcoms
Personal opinion - I find them obnoxious and brown-nosy. I always cringe when I hear about people sending thank you notes to interviewers.

Personal opinion - I find them obnoxious and brown-nosy. I always cringe when I hear about people sending thank you notes to interviewers.
This school I recently interviewed at had said in some zoom session that they really like thank you emails and then gave tips for how to approach it. I just had an interview here yesterday so I was curious how they felt about it

This school I recently interviewed at had said in some zoom session that they really like thank you emails and then gave tips for how to approach it. I just had an interview here yesterday so I was curious how they felt about it
personal opinion- I don't agree with the above sentiment on thank you's, I find them to be kind and reinforcing on what they are doing, taking time out of their days to speak with us

Reactions: 8 users
Anyone have an idea on the % accepted/WL post-interview?

Anyone wanna share how their interview went? The SDN thread for interview feedback is pretty bare. I'm weirdly most nervous about this interview of all of them because of the lack of info lol

Anyone wanna share how their interview went? The SDN thread for interview feedback is pretty bare. I'm weirdly most nervous about this interview of all of them because of the lack of info lol
A typical 1 on 1 interview. My interviewer was easy going, we went through questions regarding motivations about medicine, DO, etc. The standard interview questions.

I thought it went pretty well. My interviewer was interesting, but he said I had nothing to worry about when it came to interview review so I guess that's reassuring.

Had my interview this morning! PM for specifics, I'm more than willing to share more info. :) I was told it's the same 5 Qs for everyone. All pretty standard.

My one complaint/regret is they only asked why osteo - but not why medicine, and my answers for both are very different, and lots of schools ask both, so I didn't combine them when asked. Meaning I missed out on sharing my biggest 'wow' answer - which is my why medicine story which I believe is really impactful. Hoping the admissions committee reads my PS when deciding and not just from interview notes.

My interviewer was very amiable and kind. Finished in 15 minutes.

Good luck to everyone. <3 This school is really tied for top 2 for me right now so I'm really hoping I did good.

Reactions: 6 users
I have my interview tomorrow morning! Any advice? Anybody know the post-interview acceptance time?

***finished my interview! the interviewer was amazing! i felt really at ease talking, the questions were pretty standard, does anyone know when we might hear backkk?

& should i send a thank you email to my interviewer? we didnt get their email cuz it was scheduled through a different platform so is it weird to email him as a thank you for the interview if i just found his email through the website??

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
I have my interview tomorrow morning! Any advice? Anybody know the post-interview acceptance time?

***finished my interview! the interviewer was amazing! i felt really at ease talking, the questions were pretty standard, does anyone know when we might hear backkk?

& should i send a thank you email to my interviewer? we didnt get their email cuz it was scheduled through a different platform so is it weird to email him as a thank you for the interview if i just found his email through the website??
Last year, they sent acceptances on 10/14. But they started interviews earlier this year so maybe around 09/30-10/07?

Last edited:
I interviewed today as well! My interviewer just had a list of questions and didn’t ask about anything from my application. Happy to discuss more over DMs :)

Hey everyone! I am late to the party because I just discovered this part of SDN. GAME CHANGER!!!

II on 8/18
Interviewed 8/30
OOS

My interview was your typical 1 on 1. It was very conversational and laid back! My interviewer had a list of questions to ask, but also told me they were changing some up because I had already answered them in some of my answers to previous questions. Hoping to hear back soon!

Does anyone know about how long it takes to hear back? I was thinking two weeks, but they didn't say in the welcome session.

I wholeheartedly disagree. And adcoms and even program directors will disagree.

You always send a thank you letter or an email. It will not necessarily get you in, but will help show respect and leave a good impression.

really thought that thank you email was an acceptance lol

first II !!!! I am ecstatic! literal tears of joy. Secondary received 7/28, submitted 8/30 (one whole month, I know... I was overwhelmed).

Anyone have any idea when they’ll start sending out acceptances?

Hello. I was wondering if any current or past NYITCOM-AR students on here had any insight into the possibility of matching into a surgical residency.

It seems that NYITCOM AR is focused on funneling out a lot of primary care physicians for the Delta Region and although I am still undecided on what specialty I'd like to pursue, surgery is among my interests, and would not want to attend a program that would preclude me from that. Thanks!

Hello. I was wondering if any current or past NYITCOM-AR students on here had any insight into the possibility of matching into a surgical residency.

It seems that NYITCOM AR is focused on funneling out a lot of primary care physicians for the Delta Region and although I am still undecided on what specialty I'd like to pursue, surgery is among my interests, and would not want to attend a program that would preclude me from that. Thanks!
@SomaticDysFUNction2020 may be able to help answer?

We have graduated several surgery students from our campus over the years, mainly a couple of orthopedic and some general surgery. I can say that matching into any specialty is possible, but you must do the appropriate leg work. Meaning taking both USMLE and COMLEX, Honoring your rotations, and taking the time to get your foot in the door to the surgery world.

Specialty matching is not dependent on the school it all depends on the student's scores and ability to get the extracurriculars. School just provides the tools, it's up to you to use them. We have an excellent senior career advisor who helps you throughout medical school and can guide you to the specialty of your choice. Career advising is not a requirement of DO schools but required of MD schools, from my understanding. so consider a place with great career advising wherever you go.

Graduating Primary care physicians is not the only goal but is a significant goal of our campus, specifically ones that will serve the area. Hence the financial benefit they give to those from the delta region. They want to graduate students who will serve this region and are selecting accordingly in the admissions process, from what I can tell.

Last edited:
The campus tour email really got me good My heart literally dropped

Didn't get it. Seems I can't get an II or recruitment email...

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't even think about the email being an acceptance because my interview was last week, and I figured the absolute earliest I'd hear back would be the end of the month, but I'm 100% ok with hearing back sooner! ;)
I'm planning a visit with my wife, we're looking at dates in November or December since we'll need to coordinate with work (coming from the west coast). Anyone else planning to see the campus?

I didn't even think about the email being an acceptance because my interview was last week, and I figured the absolute earliest I'd hear back would be the end of the month, but I'm 100% ok with hearing back sooner! ;)
I'm planning a visit with my wife, we're looking at dates in November or December since we'll need to coordinate with work (coming from the west coast). Anyone else planning to see the campus?
I've been thinking about it! Interviewed on 09/08

Mine was on 09/01! I'm really hoping we hear by Friday.

I hope we all hear back soon!! I know AAMC has a rule that RD MD schools cannot give out R/A/WL until 10/15 at the earliest, so I hope this isn’t a rule NYITCOM is following. I interviewed 8/30, and this long wait has not been fun!

Mine was on 09/01! I'm really hoping we hear by Friday.
How many times have you checked your email today? I'm at about 5, even though my logic says we probably won't hear back until after the 15th, that little spark of hope says, but what if you DO hear back today?! 😅

I hope we all hear back soon!! I know AAMC has a rule that RD MD schools cannot give out R/A/WL until 10/15 at the earliest, so I hope this isn’t a rule NYITCOM is following. I interviewed 8/30, and this long wait has not been fun!
What are RD schools?

Did anyone else get the email from the jonesboro campus? I selected NY as my top choice but would consider the jonesboro campus and they asked if I was still interested

i think its post ii ?

It’s pre-ii. It’s basically asking if we would still consider Jonesboro, and explains that if we are offered an interview at jonesboro and accept it our application with the NY campus is terminated

It’s pre-ii. It’s basically asking if we would still consider Jonesboro, and explains that if we are offered an interview at jonesboro and accept it our application with the NY campus is terminated
so did they not get many apps for the jonesboro campus??