2022-2023 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II this morning!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete over three weeks ago and I just got this email today
"
Greetings from MU-COM!

I am pleased to inform you that your application for admission into the entering fall 2023 class is now complete. I appreciate your compiling all of the materials for us.

At this time, your file is being forwarded to a member of our Admissions Committee who will decide if you are invited for a virtual interview. This review typically takes at least 4 weeks; however, processing can take longer at certain times of the year. As a reminder, you can check the status of your application 24 hours a day at our unique admissions portal at https://apply-mu-com.marian.edu.

Finally, I encourage you to learn about all of the exciting developments at MU-COM by visiting our website at Osteopathic Medical School. The website includes news, events, and more.

Thank you for your interest in MU-COM."

Reactions: 1 users
I was complete over three weeks ago and I just got this email today
"
Greetings from MU-COM!

I am pleased to inform you that your application for admission into the entering fall 2023 class is now complete. I appreciate your compiling all of the materials for us.

At this time, your file is being forwarded to a member of our Admissions Committee who will decide if you are invited for a virtual interview. This review typically takes at least 4 weeks; however, processing can take longer at certain times of the year. As a reminder, you can check the status of your application 24 hours a day at our unique admissions portal at https://apply-mu-com.marian.edu.

Finally, I encourage you to learn about all of the exciting developments at MU-COM by visiting our website at Osteopathic Medical School. The website includes news, events, and more.

Thank you for your interest in MU-COM."
+1 got that yesterday

Members don't see this ad :)
What’s the interview format here? I interview tomorrow! Thx

What an absolutely amazing interview process. I just finished my interview here and have nothing but positive things to say. The faculty and community physicians are very welcoming. The actual interview was more of an informal conversation than a traditional interview. Good luck to anyone who has an interview here, I'm sure you'll have the same experience if not better.

Reactions: 7 users
For those of you who already submitted your secondary, did you get specific for the area of specialty? (i.e. surgery vs. orthopedic surgery, etc.)

For those of you who already submitted your secondary, did you get specific for the area of specialty? (i.e. surgery vs. orthopedic surgery, etc.)
yeah, I went into detail. for example, interventional cards instead of general cards

Reactions: 1 user
anybody hear back today yet from the 9/2 interview cohort? I thought I heard him mention decisions would be made either this Wednesday or next Wednesday.

anybody hear back today yet from the 9/2 interview cohort? I thought I heard him mention decisions would be made either this Wednesday or next Wednesday.
I interviewed then too, still haven’t heard anything

Same, and I thought this was my best interview thus far this cycle, so I was quite surprised.
Dude verbatim "This interview is going great so far, you are doing a great job". After careful review of your application, I regret to inform you that you were not selected for admission at this time. However, because of your academic and personal achievements, you have been placed on the alternate list. BRUH..... this is how we are rewarding great now a days?

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Dude verbatim "This interview is going great so far, you are doing a great job". After careful review of your application, I regret to inform you that you were not selected for admission at this time. However, because of your academic and personal achievements, you have been placed on the alternate list. BRUH..... this is how we are rewarding great now a days?
I feel you man 😭. They were so assuring and loving every answer I had. They’d literally say “very good” and “wow, great job”. I love the staff they’re so bubbly and caring, so I was really thrown off with this one.

• Sad
Interviewed 9/2 and received the call at 2:30 yesterday with an acceptance!

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 9/2.
Received this email last night:
"I wanted to let you know that the admissions committee did not have time to make a decision on your application today. You will be at the top of the list for our meeting next week.
As a reminder, it can take up to 3 weeks to hear back from the admissions committee."

How long after submitting the secondary and having all of the checklist complete did it take to hear back

My LOR and MCAT are labeled as complete in the portal but I haven't gotten a complete email, is that worth reaching out to their office?

Interviewed Sept 2nd, just got the alternate list email

Just got rejected pre II
Aw man, that’s unfortunate. I have a feeling you’ll hear back from other schools with positive news.

If you don’t mind me asking, what are your stats and when were you complete?

Aw man, that’s unfortunate. I have a feeling you’ll hear back from other schools with positive news.

If you don’t mind me asking, what are your stats and when were you complete?
Complete 8/23. Mid 500 with 3.9