2022-2023 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got an II. complete date was 8/2. Only day to interview is 10/24

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Got an II today at 3:15pm via email. Got Complete email on 9/8!

LOL anyways in other words OOS R received today :)) congrats to those with IIs though!!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
My app was complete 8/16 and I still haven't gotten any under review email. I emailed to check on it and they said "Your application is currently complete and awaiting a full review. You will receive an email update when it goes into the review." Lol over 2 months and it still hasn't been passed on for review do I even stand a chance.

Reactions: 1 user
My app was complete 8/16 and I still haven't gotten any under review email. I emailed to check on it and they said "Your application is currently complete and awaiting a full review. You will receive an email update when it goes into the review." Lol over 2 months and it still hasn't been passed on for review do I even stand a chance.

+1

Had the same issue. If you scroll the thread I called and they manually completed my application

How long did it take for people to receive an II after getting the complete email?

I got the complete email mid September and nothing as well

Had the same issue. If you scroll the thread I called and they manually completed my application

For some reason everytime I call them it goes to voicemail for someone named Ashley and then doesn’t let me leave a voicemail lol. Was anybody else having a similar issue?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything today regarding admissions decisions?

R after the Interview, I thought the interview went amazing and my stats are way better than the avg. Was it because I am Canadian?

• Care
R after the Interview, I thought the interview went amazing and my stats are way better than the avg. Was it because I am Canadian?
Now I’m worried as a Canadian, if they are not Canadian friendly.

So sorry @MedDpatel :(. I had a couple interviews that I thought had went well and I got the WL. I feel like this whole process can be so subjective.

So sorry @MedDpatel :(. I had a couple interviews that I thought had went well and I got the WL. I feel like this whole process can be so subjective.
It is hard, now just waiting for more interviews. WL would have been much nicer than a R

It is hard, now just waiting for more interviews. WL would have been much nicer than a R
i truly feel this man, same thing happened to me with KCU, all we can do is keep our head up and continue on!

Hi all! Was wondering if MUCOM is being overloaded right now. Sent my secondary 8/26 and have been complete for over a month. Perhaps no news is good news?

Accepted on 9/28:) OOS, interviewed 9/23, 506, 3.8 GPA

• Care
I reached out to admissions to see why I still hadn't gotten a "complete" email... They said that I was actually complete and the admission process was just going slow this year, it's hard waiting for months!!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone who interviewed last monday heard anything yet? I am waiting by my phone patiently since they said they call on Wednesdays usually

Secondary Submitted: Late June 2022
Interview: 10/24/2022
Result: 11/2/2022 - Alternate

Not the result I wanted, but it is what it is. Best of luck to all!

Got the A today via phone call around 3pm EDT. Interviewed 10/24!

Casual rejection at 9:30 on a random Wednesday evening

• Care
Finally got the complete email TWELVE weeks after my secondary was submitted. 501 MCAT, 3.8 GPA, IS. Marian is my top choice so praying for an II!

Reactions: 3 users
My interview experience was very positive.

2:1 interview format where one interviewer asks biographical questions and one asks academic questions. The interview is completely closed file aside from your name, where you're from, and what school you graduated from/go to and your major.

Verymuch good cop bad cop. It's a completely closed file interview, all they know is name, school, where you're from and you major.

Typical questions: why med, why osteo, why Marian, tell us about yourself, how do you handle stress, whats the weakest point in ur app/strongest, etc.

Reactions: 4 users
I feel like for the interview at Marian, it’s better if you be transparent with the interviewers. I was really transparent with them and did not hide anything including my really low Mcat and was still able to get into the school!

I sent an update to this school... been silent so far but I shadowed a few more DO schools...

Hoping I get an II... would love to attend here!

I feel like for the interview at Marian, it’s better if you be transparent with the interviewers. I was really transparent with them and did not hide anything including my really low Mcat and was still able to get into the school!

When were you complete?

Hey,

I was complete on 8/29, II invited 9/30, interviewed 10/7, and accepted 10/12! Definitely one of my top choice schools!

Congrats!! I was complete end of August I believe

• Love
Just got the call that I was accepted!!! I interviewed on 10/24. I am IS, 3.7 GPA, 505 MCAT. I am a reapplicant from original 499 MCAT

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care