2022-2023 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would it even be worth it to send an update letter at this point? Or would the committee likely not even read it.

Members don't see this ad.

Would it even be worth it to send an update letter at this point? Or would the committee likely not even read it.
You miss 100% of the shots that you don't take. Wouldn't hurt to send one

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I sent an update letter about 1 week ago, and the admissions committee responded to say that they received it so at least they cared enough to reply!

IS II, 70 LM, no preview, complete 9/12

Reactions: 1 users
OOS II Invite earlier this morning! Complete 12/6

Reactions: 3 users
Had an interview today, IS, 30mins, standard questions. they did not say that this interview is for WL positions.

Overall felt good about the interview. Still waiting for the first acceptance.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 1/20 and just received an email that my application is on hold. "The MD Admissions Committee was very pleased with your application and members enjoyed meeting with you during your interview. At this time the MD Admissions Committee has decided to put your application on HOLD. A HOLD status is not a terminal decision nor a waitlist decision. Your application is still active and decisions are sent to applicants frequently via email." Anyone else receive this email? I haven't heard of people getting holds at this school... not sure what to make of this
update: put on waitlist

EVMS u jih trippin fr baby girl. Cmon now.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone go from hold to acceptance or rejection or is it always hold to waitlist?

Was put on hold yesterday. From my understanding that's different than a WL for EVMS

Has anyone gotten good news from EVMS recently or just large WL waves?

II this morning!
LM 70 OOS
Favorite Vegetable: Carrots

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Was top priority waitlist in 2020-2021 cycle ➡️ Took a cycle off to improve my app ➡️ Improved my app drastically ➡️ no word from EVMS this cycle

Ya love to see it

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Is there a lot of IS WL movement after the beginning of may? Or am I screwed? It’s been my life goal to go here ever since I was 6, my childhood pediatrician went here and a lot of the doctors I work with went here.

Is there a lot of IS WL movement after the beginning of may? Or am I screwed? It’s been my life goal to go here ever since I was 6, my childhood pediatrician went here and a lot of the doctors I work with went here.
Per the google sheet of stats last year, 1071 IS apps, 347 got II, 161 offers and 81 enrolled. So it seems 50% IS are not taking the offer and that should result in movement in WL?

Just stopping by to send some good vibes. I Interviewed here recently and was told that the class isn’t full yet. I’m Clinging onto this for hope. Good luck to us all ❤️ manifesting that A

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Have any accepted students been able to access the online EVMS Financial Aid Application yet? I submitted my FAFSA and completed all the documents in the SIS Document Center but can't seem to find anything related to financial aid.

Have any accepted students been able to access the online EVMS Financial Aid Application yet? I submitted my FAFSA and completed all the documents in the SIS Document Center but can't seem to find anything related to financial aid.
i have not been able to yet. Have you gone on to your PURL and put in your SS? Your PURL has a checklist too. From what I gather they need to “build” our finaid profile first and I don’t think that’s been done. I was gonna call some time this week to find out.

Congrats on your acceptance! Do you mind me asking when you interviewed and if you were waitlisted first? And when you got the A?

I haven’t been able to access the financial aid application yet either. Submitted all my documents, nothing is pending.

Got the A today off a hold. Interviewed in February. OOS, thought I was going to go to my state school but now that decision gets a lot harder…

Reactions: 5 users
Got the A today off a hold. Interviewed in February. OOS, thought I was going to go to my state school but now that decision gets a lot harder…
congrats!! if you dont mind me asking, did they put you on a WL first? and when did you find out you were on hold?

congrats!! if you dont mind me asking, did they put you on a WL first? and when did you find out you were on hold?
I was never on a waitlist, I went from hold to A. And I got the email about the hold 2 weeks ago which was about 2 weeks after my interview.

Congrats on your acceptance! Do you mind me asking when you interviewed and if you were waitlisted first? And when you got the A?
Sure, I got accepted back in October and was not waitlisted first. I interviewed in September.

Just withdrew my acceptance here. You all have been great. I love you all be hope that y'all become the cutest doctors ever! :)
Best of luck to you Thiccy! You have an amazing future ahead of you!!!

• Care