2022-2023 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WL, interviewed 12/9. Pretty bummed since I'm 2/2 on WL now, but given EVMS has been giving a majority of people WL I guess I'm not surprised.
I feel ya man. Let’s just hope for the best

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know if it's true that 2/3 of the class comes from the WL? Have seen that a couple times in here on threads from years prior.

Reactions: 1 users
EVMS I would divorce my wife and pray to the dean every day throughout my medical career if you give me that sweet sweet A 🤤

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they actually send out Rs or do they just not say anything?

New partnership between Evms and Norfolk state. Suprised not ODU. GO EVMS GO EVMS NOW ACCEPT ME BABAAAAY

pretty positive a plan still exists to partner with ODU in the near future

Anyone know if it's true that 2/3 of the class comes from the WL? Have seen that a couple times in here on threads from years prior.

From MSAR:

Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle: 200

Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist: 75

Approximate class size: 150

So up to half of the class could come from waitlist hypothetically.

From MSAR:

Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle: 200

Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist: 75

Approximate class size: 150

So up to half of the class could come from waitlist hypothetically.
Interesting, I wasn't aware MSAR showed all that info -- thank you for this!

pretty positive a plan still exists to partner with ODU in the near future
I went to ODU undergrad. When I was coming in, they had a program with them where you commit to them in like your first year and just have to get a 505 and guaranteed matriculation. Unfortunately I didn't know I wanted to go into medicine until it was past the deadline for that program & not sure if that's still going on.

Is lower-tier even real or do they just give everyone mid-tier if not high-tier

I went to ODU undergrad. When I was coming in, they had a program with them where you commit to them in like your first year and just have to get a 505 and guaranteed matriculation. Unfortunately I didn't know I wanted to go into medicine until it was past the deadline for that program & not sure if that's still going on.
I went to ODU too! I actually applied to this program but wasn't accepted to I had to apply the traditional way. It was very competitive.

Members don't see this ad :)
IS II today! Hope it's not just for the waitlist

Reactions: 2 users
IS II today! Hope it's not just for the waitlist
It probably is, but again, not a bad place to be in. I interviewed with EVMS in February 2020 and they told us straight up in the information session that we were interviewing for the waitlist.

I have an interview scheduled on 01/08/2023...any tips?
Do you mean 2/8/23? As far as the interview itself, I found mine to be very relaxed and laid back. They didn't ask me any trick questions or MMI style questions which was nice. Everything was very straight forward and it was really just a conversation about what motivated me to go into medicine and why I loved EVMS. Just relax and be yourself. Remember, they invited you because they already like you based on your application. Just show them that you are who you seem to be on paper and you'll be fine!

Patiently waiting for WL movement

Reactions: 3 users
I know they said the Wed. meet and greet was optional with no bearing on acceptance, but since I'm neurotic, did anyone not go and still get the A - if they're willing to share?

I know they said the Wed. meet and greet was optional with no bearing on acceptance, but since I'm neurotic, did anyone not go and still get the A - if they're willing to share?
Did not go. WL then A so I don't think it has any bearing. And from my understanding it's more of an information session to find out more about the school. I plan on going sometime in the future though as I want to learn more about the school before I make a decision.

I went the week after my interview. I got waitlisted, idk if it made a difference tbh

Didn’t go. Got an A.

Hello!
Do you know if EVMS sends scholarship packages a bit later after acceptance or if you have to apply on their website? Thank you!
Hi hi sorry for uber late response! There was a separate process where we submit a fin aid application. You send them an email with all of the scholarships you would like to apply for and then they get back to you with any awards!

• Love
Just sent an email withdrawing my acceptance. I am channeling good wishes to everyone here ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
How did you all hear about this meet and greet? I interviewed back in mid Sept and have been waitlisted since October but never heard about a meet and greet...

How did you all hear about this meet and greet? I interviewed back in mid Sept and have been waitlisted since October but never heard about a meet and greet...

there’s an accepted students days you’re invited to after acceptance. but most recently i believe they were talking about the info session hosted on every wednesday of interview weeks for interviewees.

Is there a lot of research activity coming out of EVMS?

Is there a lot of research activity coming out of EVMS?

i think comparatively to other MD schools they’re maybe not as heavy on research, but absolutely. they just got a 4mil grant from NIH a couple days ago to continue some cancer research they’re doing

So I know that they accept update letters, but does anyone know if they accept additional letters of recommendation? I only ask because I had a physician who wanted to write one for me that I could include with my update letter.

Is it just me or does it seem like EVMS didn't send out a lot of direct As post-II this year?

Reactions: 6 users
I interviewed on 1/20 and just received an email that my application is on hold. "The MD Admissions Committee was very pleased with your application and members enjoyed meeting with you during your interview. At this time the MD Admissions Committee has decided to put your application on HOLD. A HOLD status is not a terminal decision nor a waitlist decision. Your application is still active and decisions are sent to applicants frequently via email." Anyone else receive this email? I haven't heard of people getting holds at this school... not sure what to make of this

I interviewed on 1/20 and just received an email that my application is on hold. "The MD Admissions Committee was very pleased with your application and members enjoyed meeting with you during your interview. At this time the MD Admissions Committee has decided to put your application on HOLD. A HOLD status is not a terminal decision nor a waitlist decision. Your application is still active and decisions are sent to applicants frequently via email." Anyone else receive this email? I haven't heard of people getting holds at this school... not sure what to make of this
interesting- have not heard that

Same email here.

My guess is they’re waiting for the plan to enroll tool to come out on the 19th so they can get a better idea of numbers before they do the next round of acceptance and waitlist decisions…we’ll see if that’s actually the case though

Reactions: 2 users
Received the HOLD email. My heart sank then rose then sank again while I was reading xD