2022-2023 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Idk if this is a dumb question but would it be a bad idea to call admissions and just ask if there is anything I can do to get moved from the waitlist? Or just to get an update or something?

Members don't see this ad.

I got an interview invite yesterday and I have two weeks to prepare. Advice for this school beyond just knowing your app/the school/general healthcare issues/ethics?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Idk if this is a dumb question but would it be a bad idea to call admissions and just ask if there is anything I can do to get moved from the waitlist? Or just to get an update or something?
I would not recommend this. I know it's really hard to be patient and let things play out, but you definitely don't want to stick your foot in your mouth either. Deep breaths!

Reactions: 6 users
I was wondering if anyone has sent a grade update to EVMS or any of their other apps? I just graduated and want to send my new transcript since I got all A's last semester, but I am not sure if I should send them an official transcript, an unofficial transcript, or just write about it in an update letter.

I was wondering if anyone has sent a grade update to EVMS or any of their other apps? I just graduated and want to send my new transcript since I got all A's last semester, but I am not sure if I should send them an official transcript, an unofficial transcript, or just write about it in an update letter.
I did not but someone I know had an advisor say to send the official transcript as well as an update letter!

I did not but someone I know had an advisor say to send the official transcript as well as an update letter!
I also saw online not to send a grade update unless it drastically changes your GPA. It increased 0.01 point.

I also saw online not to send a grade update unless it drastically changes your GPA. It increased 0.01 point.
I think since you graduated it would be good to show that you got your degree and finished class as expected!

Hey guys, recently accepted student here! I've lived in the area for over 13 years so if anyone has any questions about it, feel free to ask!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For people who interviewed here, was it one or two interview sessions? how long were they approximately? and (if you can) what kind of questions did they ask?

Hi All! I am a current M1 at EVMS and have just made our accepted student FB page! Please feel free to join! Some of my classmates and I will post helpful links as we get closer to the beginning of your M1 Year! EVMS MD Class of 2027 | Facebook

Also: feel free to ask me any questions! I will be happy to answer!

Reactions: 6 users
I sent an update letter around in November '22 - still haven't heard back about an interview/rejection/hold. Any recommendations on what I should do next besides wait?

I sent an update letter around in November '22 - still haven't heard back about an interview/rejection/hold. Any recommendations on what I should do next besides wait?
Same here. Praying for a II at this point cuz I have zero

Reactions: 3 users
Hi All! I am a current M1 at EVMS and have just made our accepted student FB page! Please feel free to join! Some of my classmates and I will post helpful links as we get closer to the beginning of your M1 Year! EVMS MD Class of 2027 | Facebook

Also: feel free to ask me any questions! I will be happy to answer!
Hello!
Do you know if EVMS sends scholarship packages a bit later after acceptance or if you have to apply on their website? Thank you!

has anybody been to an accepted students day? how was it?

Question for people that have been accepted this cycle... where did the email acceptance come from? I feel like it would be better for me mentally to just search for something (i.e. "EVMS adcom or EVMS admissions") at the end of each day instead of scouring my inbox & spam every hour. Pls help an anxious gal out

I got an interview invite yesterday and I have two weeks to prepare. Advice for this school beyond just knowing your app/the school/general healthcare issues/ethics?
Try to be prepared for any question type. This school combines traditional and MMI style questions into a traditional panel interview format and switching gears every few questions threw me off! I felt so pimped on the ethical questions that I forgot to really sell myself on the questions that actually asked about me. (Sitting on the top-tier waitlist now.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
EVMS give me an A sweet-heart stop playing hard to get<3

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
still nothing for me, though I did get a response to my thank you note a few weeks ago. interviewed 12/9.

Question for people that have been accepted this cycle... where did the email acceptance come from? I feel like it would be better for me mentally to just search for something (i.e. "EVMS adcom or EVMS admissions") at the end of each day instead of scouring my inbox & spam every hour. Pls help an anxious gal out
It came from [email protected] and name showed up in my email as Eastern Virginia Medical School.

Any current students here have any input on housing? Do most people stay at the on campus housing and is it first come first serve?

WL mid tier interviewed 11/11

edit: IS

Last edited:
just got the WL email, middle tier IS! interviewed 12/9. just a little bummed lol

Also WL middle tier. Interviewed 11/30.

Does anyone get outright As lol

12/2 interview, WL Top Tier OOS. Does anyone know if they accept LOIs/if they're needed?

Bro seeing all these waitlists makes me stressed for my interview tomorrow :')

New partnership between Evms and Norfolk state. Suprised not ODU. GO EVMS GO EVMS NOW ACCEPT ME BABAAAAY

I miss Chelsea bake house and the dirty buffalo. Ghent has a special place in my heart. Still silence for me though! Complete sept 1

Just finished the interview. Gotta say this is now probably my no. 1 choice lol

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 12/7 has anyone heard anything?? WL, R, A? I am so tired of this wait

WL, interviewed 12/9. Pretty bummed since I'm 2/2 on WL now, but given EVMS has been giving a majority of people WL I guess I'm not surprised.