2022-2023 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mines at 13 % and I’m interviewing tm, so don’t sweat it!!
+1 but interview is next Friday. It's just website funkyness, rely on your emails for the latest updates!

Members don't see this ad.

STEP 1. ESSAY QUESTIONS

Before starting your supplemental application, you should respond to the following questions in essay style. You will be limited to a 250-word count for each question. Save both essays. You will be able to Cut & Paste your responses in the specific text boxes in the application.

a. Describe how specific attributes of ACOM’s mission and core values align with your professional goals and personal attributes?

b.
The Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine promotes values and equity from various cultural, social, and economic backgrounds. Discuss the role that diversity played in your decision to become an osteopathic medical school applicant.

c. What are your personal attributes that demonstrate the osteopathic philosophy? (500 words or less)
@PapaGuava

Anyone else see an invitation for an open house on their portal?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
submitted right now, hoping to hear some good news!

Just got the II! I got the email that my secondary for completed yesterday! OOS, 501, gpa: 3.79, sgpa: 3.71. I know my CASPer is the 4th quartile if that makes a difference lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I can't find the "applicant interview button" :( can someone please help me. Wait nvm, I guess I have to wait at least 90 mins after my interview email?

I can't find the "applicant interview button" :( can someone please help me. Wait nvm, I guess I have to wait at least 90 mins after my interview email?
Yes. Wait 90 minutes. It's not an applicant interview button. Go to your ACOM portal, check out the blue buttons across the top of your screen. One of the buttons to the left will say "visit us" - click that to schedule your interview.

Just got done with my interview! Very relaxed and easy going.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When will we know our assigned time for the interview? I scheduled mine for 08/19 but it's not saying a specific time, just that it will be between 9a-12p

When will we know our assigned time for the interview? I scheduled mine for 08/19 but it's not saying a specific time, just that it will be between 9a-12p

They will email you closer to time ie about 2 days before

Reactions: 1 users
II received. Maybe others have posted this but want to share interview questions they ask.
The interview is very conversational as other above said. Just prepare for a normal medical school interview and know your app. There not trying to trick you, just get to know you as a person.

II received. Maybe others have posted this but want to share interview questions they ask.
This gives me high hope! Been following you around the thread friend, hoping to hear once my app is marked complete next week!

Does anyone know the percentage of applicants who get interviews?

2nd quartile on that god forsaken garbage CA$Per. How seriously does this school take the a$$e$$ment?

Does anyone know how long it typically takes to find out if you are accepted or rejected after completing your interview?

Does anyone know how long it typically takes to find out if you are accepted or rejected after completing your interview?
based off last years thread it was about a week after interview that people were finding out

based off last years thread it was about a week after interview that people were finding out
Yeah was consistent with what I heard today. Someone asked at the information session for today's interview, and they said the committee was meeting this Monday (7/25), with decisions hopefully out by the upcoming Friday (7/29). They did say that since next week was orientation week, it may be delayed to about 2 weeks, but they were hopeful they'd get them out by that Friday.

Edit: They also said to expect an email with an attachment indicating the decision, and maybe a phone call as well (depending on availability due to orientation stuff).

Those that have been marked complete, how long did it take for ACOM to review and mark your LORs as complete?

hoping we hear some stuff today!!

I was reading for this school that early acceptance entails submitting a deposit to reserve a spot before Dec. 14th. But what if I get an M.D acceptance in March? Does that how most schools work? I was thinking I could wait til April, view my options, and pick one lol.

I was reading for this school that early acceptance entails submitting a deposit to reserve a spot before Dec. 14th. But what if I get an M.D acceptance in March? Does that how most schools work? I was thinking I could wait til April, view my options, and pick one lol.
All DO schools are like that. If you get accepted during a certain deadline, you have to reserve your seat during that timeline. Ive heard that this can be anywhere from 1K to 2k to save your seat. They basically do this so they force students to accept the invite or move on if they know that they are going to go to an MD school.

All DO schools are like that. If you get accepted during a certain deadline, you have to reserve your seat during that timeline. Ive heard that this can be anywhere from K to 2k to save your seat. They basically do this so they force students to accept the invite or move on if they know that they are going to go to an MD school.

At ACOM, the deposit is 2k and due before Dec. 14th if you are accepted before Nov. 15th I believe

on average, how long does it take from turning in secondary to being complete

Secondary received email today, waiting to be marked complete!

Anyone else interviewing 7/29 get an email today with an interview time that's not in their 9am-12pm interview time? My email says my time is 8:30...

When I interviewed, mine was at 8:30 as well
oh weird okay - I emailed JUST to be sure, because that's really confusing to say 9-12 but then have interviews at 8:30 lolol o_O:dead:

BUT I'm happy to have an early interview - get it over with and be in the beginning. Primacy effect and such...

Not sure what time zone y'all are in, but keep in mind that it's 9-12 central. If your interview is at 8:30 central, they may have made some changes since my interview day, and they definitely should update the schedule. Good luck!

Edit: Let me know, and I'll talk to admissions and have them update it to prevent future confusion!

Not sure what time zone y'all are in, but keep in mind that it's 9-12 central. If your interview is at 8:30 central, they may have made some changes since my interview day, and they definitely should update the schedule. Good luck!

Edit: Let me know, and I'll talk to admissions and have them update it to prevent future confusion!

Mine was at 8:30 CST