2022-2023 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received. OOS, ORM, 3.7, 507. Had a huge headache finding a new science letter. Good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Are you guys getting these invites today on a weekend or are you just posting late from having received them last week?

II!! :) second interview invite I'm over the moon.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got mine today, Sunday morning. Still waiting for the portal to give me date options.

• Care
Thanks and congrats!! I wasn't expecting those to go out on weekends wow!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
II received this morning as well. 501

• Love
are you guys finding the "visit ACOM" button? I'm not seeing anything to where I can schedule an interview date.

I want to give myself ample time to prepare for the interview, and I have another interview to complete by 8/5 right now. I know acceptances are first come first serve, but would it be detrimental to schedule my interview for 8/12 to ensure I'm thoroughly prepped?

I want to give myself ample time to prepare for the interview, and I have another interview to complete by 8/5 right now. I know acceptances are first come first serve, but would it be detrimental to schedule my interview for 8/12 to ensure I'm thoroughly prepped?
This is so early in the cycle, I don't think 8/12 is too far out! I think someone earlier mentioned that most July/August interviews fared well. Definitely prioritize your first and don't burn yourself out. You got this :)

• Care
For ACOM it says they conducted ~746 interviews and accepted 188. This doesn't really sound so accurate to me? How can they accept 188 if thats their approximate class size? Don't most schools accept MORE because they know that students have options with other schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
For ACOM it says they conducted ~746 interviews and accepted 188. This doesn't really sound so accurate to me? How can they accept 188 if thats their approximate class size? Don't most schools accept MORE because they know that students have options with other schools?
188 is total matriculated. They typically send acceptances to a little over double the number of seats in the class. The number of interviews is usually double the number of acceptances sent. For our class we had 162 students, 629 interviewed and a 60% post II acceptance rate.

ACOM is currently accredited for 210 students, depending on how many students needed to repeat M1 they'll take anywhere from ~190-200 new MS1s. They accept a little over double the available seats (400-500 acceptances) and interview a little under double the number of acceptances (750-850 interviews attended).

So if you get an interview your chances of an acceptance are 50-60% which is actually quite high.

188 is total matriculated. They typically send acceptances to a little over double the number of seats in the class. The number of interviews is usually double the number of acceptances sent. For our class we had 162 students, 629 interviewed and a 60% post II acceptance rate.

ACOM is currently accredited for 210 students, depending on how many students needed to repeat M1 they'll take anywhere from ~190-200 new MS1s. They accept a little over double the available seats (400-500 acceptances) and interview a little under double the number of acceptances (750-850 interviews attended).

So if you get an interview your chances of an acceptance are 50-60% which is actually quite high.
Are chances even higher if you interview very early in the cycle?

anyone get an interview with mcat below 500?

Did you guys submit CASPER before getting a II invite?

are you guys finding the "visit ACOM" button? I'm not seeing anything to where I can schedule an interview date.

Did yours show up after 90 minutes? I got the II email 2 hours ago and I still can’t find the “visit ACOM” button….

Did yours show up after 90 minutes? I got the II email 2 hours ago and I still can’t find the “visit ACOM” button….
Same for me, unless I just don't know where to look for it

Same for me, unless I just don't know where to look for it

Right?? I see a “Visit Us” tab but that’s not it cause it doesn’t lead to anything. Now I’m wondering if they accidentally sent me an II cause my Current Status in my portal says “complete and in review”

Right?? I see a “Visit Us” tab but that’s not it cause it doesn’t lead to anything. Now I’m wondering if they accidentally sent me an II cause my Current Status in my portal says “complete and in review”
It’s “Visit us” tab actually. The interview date selection is supposed to show up there 90 mins after the email, but considering it’s Sunday today, you should try tomorrow.

It’s “Visit us” tab actually. The interview date selection is supposed to show up there 90 mins after the email, but considering it’s Sunday today, you should try tomorrow.

Ohhh okay got it, thanks for the clarification! I’ll try logging in again tomorrow morning and see if it updates

When you go onto the microsiste, it's one of the blue buttons across the top of your screen - it's the second to the left for me. The email doesn't explain where it's going to be very well. I also thought I didn't have it, but it was there the whole time, lol

Secondary received, first MCAT score 49X, second MCAT pending

People how have a interview this week, have y’all heard what time it will be?

People who interview tomorrow, did y’all receive more info regarding your interview?

Just got the interview info email for my interview this Friday (7/22).

Marked complete today. Oh boy, please send me an II today too
Same here! Good luck! I got a heart attack when I got the email because I thought my app was already complete so I thought it was either an R or II

Same here! Good luck! I got a heart attack when I got the email because I thought my app was already complete so I thought it was either an R or II
the same thing just happened to me!

Would y'all say pretty high percentage to get II after getting the 'marked complete' email? Or the usual 20% chance. Seems like everybody on this thread got the II after being marked complete lol.

Reactions: 3 users
I got the marked complete and up for review email but I just checked my application and it still looks like it's at 13% completed? It is the same for anyone else?

I got the marked complete and up for review email but I just checked my application and it still looks like it's at 13% completed? It is the same for anyone else?
I have an II and am still marked at 13% complete so this is normal

Goes without saying, but for the ones that got 'marked complete' today, please share if you get an II. I think we are all in 1 batch, and they notify each batch on the same day. Shows if you get the II or rejected. Like everybody the last batch got the II on Sunday.

Mines at 13 % and I’m interviewing tm, so don’t sweat it!!