2021 PHAP (CDC's Public Health Associate Program)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No email yet!

Members don't see this ad.

Where are you located? I’m wondering if they’re going by geographic location.
I wonder if it’s not just your current location, but your placement location. If this is the case, it makes sense that Atlanta locations would be on it and be a part of the first wave.

Reactions: 1 user
Where are you located? I’m wondering if they’re going by geographic location.
I still have not received an email. I am only seeing the change in my portal. I am from Georgia actually and Georgia was my first pick region. Although my subject field was not my first. I don't know if there is any rhyme or reasons to the whole process. I just saw that my application was populated with the location and subject at 3:26 PM, but still have not received an email.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine still says “Ready for Interview” or whatever, have they been slowly updating or just did that all happen at once?

Reactions: 3 users
it looks like I got matched it Columbia, South Carolina (4th choice) working with Maternal and Child Health: Reproductive Health (not one of my choices).

Reactions: 5 users
Mine still says “Ready for Interview” or whatever, have they been slowly updating or just did that all happen at once?
You're not alone. Mind does too! Stay positive! Unfortunately, it sounds like we can pretty much bet on there being batches.

Reactions: 4 users
Yall they really said 3 PM EST is when we clock-in and start crunching :coffee: GUYS MY PORTAL SHOWS A LOCATION! My Confirmation Matching got marked Complete. I have location as Atlanta, GA for Infectious Disease (one of my field)
Did you already accept the offer on the portal?

I currently live in the Midwest and am hoping to get matched in the Midwest. This is totally a generalization, but everything seems to operate slower here. I wouldn't be surprised if Midwest matches aren't happening just yet. But let me know if you are a fellow Midwesterner and are experiencing anything!

I currently live in the Midwest and am hoping to get matched in the Midwest. This is totally a generalization, but everything seems to operate slower here. I wouldn't be surprised if Midwest matches aren't happening just yet. But let me know if you are a fellow Midwesterner and are experiencing anything!
Oh I’m a Midwesterner in WI! And I have nothing so far!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I am a longtime lurker from Atlanta, GA. Based on my portal, I seem to have been matched to Columbia, SC in Emergency/Disaster Preparedness and Response.

Hey guys! I am a longtime lurker from Atlanta, GA. Based on my portal, I seem to have been matched to Columbia, SC in Emergency/Disaster Preparedness and Response.
Congrats!!! 🎉 fellow Georgian C:

It looks like these are all places in the South? Maybe it is sent out based on regions?

Reactions: 2 users
I'm also midwest (IL) with preference in midwest (IL/MIN/WI/etc). Portal still says "ready for interview", really hoping I am still in the running for this! I thought my interview went well but my interviewer was stone cold and didn't really give me much to go off of hahaha

Congrats to those that have been matched so far!!! I do have a question for those that have been matched, how many have an MPH/previous years relevant job experiences and how many are applying straight out of undergrad?

I got matched! Tulare, CA working on Sexually Transmitted Disease Prevention. CA was my top geographical preference and my topic area was on the other list of topic areas I would accept (although not on my top 5 I am still thrilled). I just received an email as well. Congrats to those who have been matched and best of luck to those who are still waiting. There is still time, stay hopeful!

Reactions: 4 users
I got matched! Tulare, CA working on Sexually Transmitted Disease Prevention. CA was my top geographical preference and my topic area was on the other list of topic areas I would accept (although not on my top 5 I am still thrilled). I just received an email as well. Congrats to those who have been matched and best of luck to those who are still waiting. There is still time, stay hopeful!
Did you receive an email and then checked portal? ....I am now very worried because still no email. Also congrats!!!!! 🎉

I'm also midwest (IL) with preference in midwest (IL/MIN/WI/etc). Portal still says "ready for interview", really hoping I am still in the running for this! I thought my interview went well but my interviewer was stone cold and didn't really give me much to go off of hahaha

Congrats to those that have been matched so far!!! I do have a question for those that have been matched, how many have an MPH/previous years relevant job experiences and how many are applying straight out of undergrad?
Literally same here with being in IL and with the interviewer!!!! She was nice but she was was pretty adamant on saying to pretty much not go too long on my responses because she had to type everything out which made me nervous and definitely didn’t have the same experience others had where they said it felt more like a conversation than anything lol.

Did you receive an email and then checked portal? ....I am now very worried because still no email. Also congrats!!!!! 🎉
Updated response. I checked the portal and confirmed I would accept the offer. Then received an email that I will be contacted by HR in the next 2-3 weeks. Thank you! Congrats to you too:)

Last edited:
Did anyone else get an email aside from Olivia? I might call the office before they close at this point.

I am also a midwesterner and put top 2 as midwest locations so i’m hoping your theory is correct. My portal is still saying ready for interview. very excited for everyone who has received a match!!!! congrats 💞

Hey guys,

Just called the office. Emails will continue to be sent till Monday. I was told there are glitches in the system.

Best of luck to everyone!

I matched with Newark, NJ! I'll be working on TB Prevention

Hey guys,

Just called the office. Emails will continue to be sent till Monday. I was told there are glitches in the system.

Best of luck to everyone!
What do they mean by glitches in the system? As in the matches aren't valid? We're not supposed to see this?

Email has been received, it is titled "Action required: Confirmation match for the 2021 PHAP class at CDC"

I just got the official confirmation match email to go check my portal.

I’m so proud of everyone and so excited for you guys omg!!!

Hopefully news keeps coming and of course, people may also be rejecting their placements, too. Just trying to stay a bit positive for everyone who doesn’t have anything yet.

I also received an e-mail, but when I click on the application portal no information about the host site appears? Is anyone else having this issue?

I also received an e-mail, but when I click on the application portal no information about the host site appears? Is anyone else having this issue?
I have the same issue. My portal had confirmation matching for 1-2 days

Last edited:
does your portal still say ready for interview?

I got Lawrenceville, GA to work on TB Prevention!!! GA was my second pick for location under FL (I was secretly hoping I would get GA) but Tuberculosis wasn't in my top 5 which I was a bit bummed about. Feeling super blessed atm, congrats to everyone else that got matched!! If anyone knows anything about Lawrenceville/the general area, please hmu!

I got Lawrenceville, GA to work on TB Prevention!!! GA was my second pick for location under FL (I was secretly hoping I would get GA) but Tuberculosis wasn't in my top 5 which I was a bit bummed about. Feeling super blessed atm, congrats to everyone else that got matched!! If anyone knows anything about Lawrenceville/the general area, please hmu!
That's my hometown lol. DM me if you want more info.

Not exactly from Lawrenceville, but I live near Gwinnett County. Let me know if you need any information!

If anyone lives in, is from, or lives near Columbia, SC please hmu! I've only been to Myrtle Beach, but I would like to learn more about Columbia.

i got an email!!!!!

wow i really honestly didn’t think this was going to happen bc my interview didn’t go as well as i thought! i’m in Jackson, MS and working on Childhood Development which was my number 4 choice i think? also the location was not on my list haha. i have no idea what to do because after the interview i was not confident so i just moved forward thinking i’ll just be going to grad school for my MPH in the fall!!! help 😪