2022 PHAP (CDC's Public Health Associate Program)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ae127

Reaction score
I did not see a 2022 PHAP thread, so I thought I would start one. Good luck to everyone that submitted an application!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Second year trying for me! Good luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, just found this thread and wanted to join in to see where you guys are at in the process. I was emailed and directed to choose an interview time

Hi everyone, just found this thread and wanted to join in to see where you guys are at in the process. I was emailed and directed to choose an interview time
You were emailed already for interview time? It seems like of early for that. Did they send back information on the essay process yet?

You were emailed already for interview time? It seems like of early for that. Did they send back information on the essay process yet?
Ya, I wasn’t expecting anything this early. I was emailed the 2nd and was given a list of dates/times to choose an interview slot and needed to respond by morning of the 3rd. All times given were for next week.
They didn’t send anything specifically about the personal essay, but I submitted that on the 18th I think it was.

Ya, I wasn’t expecting anything this early. I was emailed the 2nd and was given a list of dates/times to choose an interview slot and needed to respond by morning of the 3rd. All times given were for next week.
They didn’t send anything specifically about the personal essay, but I submitted that on the 18th I think it was.
That’s interesting. On the timeline it’s states we won’t get emails for the personal statements to be filled out until about end of march/April

I’m applying for my first time. Graduated with my BS in 2020 and have had the opportunity to gain some work experience. My grades were not the best so I’m hoping my work experience helps me out!

Reactions: 1 users
That’s interesting. On the timeline it’s states we won’t get emails for the personal statements to be filled out until about end of march/April
They might be doing it in waves or something? I received an email to fill out personal statement Feb 14th, submitted on 18th.

Members don't see this ad :)
They might be doing it in waves or something? I received an email to fill out personal statement Feb 14th, submitted on 18th.
Oh ok! Well congrats! That’s great. Good luck on your interview!

Wow.congratulations. I contacted them in Friday and they told me that they are still reviewing applications and I should receive a respond between March and April.

Reactions: 2 users
For those that have been contacted did you recieve an email from USAGOV or the CDC?

Good luck 2022 applicants! I'm part of the 2021 cohort. Currently, the program does not plan to interview a majority of applicants until April. For those who got early interviews, I believe this is a consequence that some 2020 cohort have decided to resign early and your application must have been really impressive!

Reactions: 3 users
@keyofspace, thank you for sharing this crucial information with us. I thought they were not going to call me. Your message gives me hope.

Hello, I'm on the same boat as you. I haven't heard anything yet :/
Same boat, it's been silent since I submitted my application. In the past two years, personal statement invitations were sent out on what would have been this past Friday. Let's hope we hear something soon..

Same boat, it's been silent since I submitted my application. In the past two years, personal statement invitations were sent out on what would have been this past Friday. Let's hope we hear something soon..
Same for me as well, nothing. And yeah I would have thought we would have heard something on Friday. So let’s hope this week.

We will hear from them this week for sure. Let's keep the positive mindset going.

Sending out those positive vibes. Good luck to each of us!

1647886924796.png

I’m not sure exactly why I’m on an accelerated timeline, I’m a vet which may have something to do with it, but I already had my interview. Pretty sure I bombed it, rambled on about nonsense, etc. Hopefully my resume and personal statements were strong enough to overcome my poor interview. Good luck to everyone else, I’m sure the majority will start hearing soon.

Has anyone else heard anything back yet?
Not yet, but I haven’t lost hope! According the the PHAP website the next phase happens in April. So maybe (fingers crossed) we’ll hear by the end of this week.

I just received an email about a personal statement! (Not getting my hopes up because that's how far I got last time BUT still). Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone.

Reactions: 3 users
I was matched but unfortunately the location doesn’t work for me and my family and I had to decline. Hoping to get a new assignment. I really want to be in the program.
Good luck to everyone writing personal statements and preparing for interviews.

Who else has received an email to send a personal statement? I still haven't heard anything. I'm keeping my hope high.

I got an email to send a personal statement on Wednesday. Good luck to everyone!

Got the email about the personal statement on Wednesday as well! good luck to all

I haven’t gotten anything either. I know others who got it Wednesday. So I’m not sure. I’m still keeping hope,because my status still says the same on usajobs
Hopefully, Monday, we will hear something

Reactions: 2 users
I also haven't received anything yet, but did submit my application at the last minute - we'll see!

Has anyone reached out to the PHAP program to see where they are at in their process?

I did and they told me to wait until next week to receive an email whether I was referred or not.