2021-2022 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do the other WWAMI sights do SUC or is it pretty much A/WL/D decision?

Members don't see this ad.

SUC email yesterday. Interviewed 10/8. Seattle.

anyone know when the next EXCOM meeting is?

Good luck everyone!
My guess is 12/17 based on past patterns (Friday of the week after an interview week) but these notifications seemed so delayed this month so who knows. Maybe it was because Veteran's Day delayed the last EXCOM meeting.

late post but just wanted to share my timeline if its helpful -- interviewed on 11/02 for the seattle campus, received my acceptance call from my lead excom on 11/10 and official letter on 11/12! my interviewer mentioned that he had a meeting to discuss that week's interviews that same weekend

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
late post but just wanted to share my timeline if its helpful -- interviewed on 11/02 for the seattle campus, received my acceptance call from my lead excom on 11/10 and official letter on 11/12! my interviewer mentioned that he had a meeting to discuss that week's interviews that same weekend
Wow! Timely and prompt, that sounds nice.

Really tho, congrats on getting in! Thats a huge achievement.

Wow! Timely and prompt, that sounds nice.

Really tho, congrats on getting in! Thats a huge achievement.
Yeah, I was super impressed by UW and how prompt they were in their response! And thank you, super thankful for the A :')

Wishing you all the best of luck!!

I received and interview invitation on 11/10 and selected my December date on 11/15. Since then, I haven't heard anything. For those who have interviewed, when did you get your date/time confirmation? I'm surprised I haven't heard anything back.

I received and interview invitation on 11/10 and selected my December date on 11/15. Since then, I haven't heard anything. For those who have interviewed, when did you get your date/time confirmation? I'm surprised I haven't heard anything back.
Received an II on 11/12, selected a date that's next week (OOR and those were the ones available), and I haven't heard anything back yet either o_O It seems like the admin might be behind? I'm not sure what I should do

EDIT: nvm, got the date/time confirmation just now this evening

Last edited:
out of region ii, shocked and excited

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
II this afternoon!!!! WWAMI/Montana cohort. It’s my first interview invite and I feel like I could cry. SO STOKED!

Edit: complete late August but residency wasn’t verified until 9/27. LM is 69ish. Older nontrad with non-science background.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know the stats for acceptances from SUCs? Particularly Spokane, I can’t seem to find them.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the stats for acceptances from SUCs? Particularly Spokane, I can’t seem to find them.
At the bottom of the page, it says Spokane had a 22% acceptance rate

But again this stats are 2020 not 2021. So it might be alittle different

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't think this is available anywhere. Given that a small number of people are immediately accepted post-interview, and a small number of people are immediately rejected post-interview, and most applicants are SUC'd at least once, it's probably safe to assume that the SUC acceptance rate is approximately the same as the overall post-interview acceptance rate (maybe a little less). The post-interview acceptance rate in 2020 for WA as a whole was 46%. It's probably a bit higher for Spokane and a bit lower for Seattle.

Reactions: 4 users
Yes, but I believe that these are global acceptance rates? I’m trying to get a feel for how likely it is that I get an A after interviewing and receiving an SUC from Spokane. Thank you for helping out!
Don't think this is available anywhere. Given that a small number of people are immediately accepted post-interview, and a small number of people are immediately rejected post-interview, and most applicants are SUC'd at least once, it's probably safe to assume that the SUC acceptance rate is approximately the same as the overall post-interview acceptance rate (maybe a little less). The post-interview acceptance rate in 2020 for WA as a whole was 46%. It's probably a bit higher for Spokane and a bit lower for Seattle.
very helpful, thank you!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! I'm an OOR that submitted my secondary to UWSOM on 11/4 -- do you know if they accept letters of update? I am worried since I still haven't heard yet (congrats to all those who did!!)

Hi everyone! I'm an OOR that submitted my secondary to UWSOM on 11/4 -- do you know if they accept letters of update? I am worried since I still haven't heard yet (congrats to all those who did!!)
From the website (Secondary Application | UW Medicine):

The UWSOM does not accept written activity updates. Grade updates (i.e., official and unofficial transcripts) are permitted. Additional letters of recommendation and changes in contact information should be sent through AMCAS. If you are offered an interview, you may share any updates with your interviewers at that time.

Do you guys think the next Seattle EXCOM meeting is next fri (12/7)?

For those who have already interviewed, what was the vibe of the optional information sessions? Camera on, business casual? We’re they super small like I need to be ready to have in depth conversations or large group q&a?

For those who have already interviewed, what was the vibe of the optional information sessions? Camera on, business casual? We’re they super small like I need to be ready to have in depth conversations or large group q&a?
Camera on. Formal wear ideal but some people had business casual and that seemed fine. My session was maybe 20-30 people. Time for a brief Q&A (4-5 questions, asked sequentially in front of the whole group) after each individual presenter/presentation. After the presentations we were separated into a breakout room with med students away from the admissions staff and given the chance to ask questions "privately". At no point were we separated into smaller groups, a few people in my session didn't talk or ask a question the entire time.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone! I was accepted to the Spokane cohort about two weeks ago and accepted my offer :) Does anyone want to get a facebook group started with me for those who've accepted offers?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone! I was accepted to the Spokane cohort about two weeks ago and accepted my offer :) Does anyone want to get a facebook group started with me for those who've accepted offers?
I also accepted my offer for the Spokane cohort and would be interested in a Facebook group!

OOS. Pre-II R today; good luck everyone!

Last edited:
  • Care
Do we receive interview info closer to our date? Mine is scheduled for end of Jan but I didn’t receive much information.
Yes, you will receive more information about one week out

How long does it take to get the post - interview email? I interviewed almost a week ago and haven't heard anything. I'm not too worried about it but I am curious when others received this email.

• Hmm
Has anyone gotten email responses from questions sent to the general admissions email? I know it says they try to get back to us within 3 business days, but it’s been way longer than that.
I think I waited 5 weeks for their response :rolleyes:

I'm an OOR that received the mission statement really late due so I didn't turn it in until October. I received this email earlier this month saying this:

"This is to inform you that your application is still being reviewed by the University of Washington School of Medicine.

We recognize that the deadline for our secondary application (December 1st) has passed. If you are invited to complete a secondary application, you will have 2 weeks to complete it."

I know the chances are slim already being OOR but does anyone know if this is just a soft R?

I'm an OOR that received the mission statement really late due so I didn't turn it in until October. I received this email earlier this month saying this:

"This is to inform you that your application is still being reviewed by the University of Washington School of Medicine.

We recognize that the deadline for our secondary application (December 1st) has passed. If you are invited to complete a secondary application, you will have 2 weeks to complete it."

I know the chances are slim already being OOR but does anyone know if this is just a soft R?
As far as I know UW doesn't give soft Rs, they are deliberate in decision making which may come off that way, but if they want to reject someone they will be clear. So i would assume you still have a shot.

Reactions: 2 users
Anymore Idaho interview invites?

As far as I know UW doesn't give soft Rs, they are deliberate in decision making which may come off that way, but if they want to reject someone they will be clear. So i would assume you still have a shot.
Wow so I received the OOR secondary today!!!! Unreal for me! This cycle hasn't been great for me and it's been pretty much complete silence from the other schools so I'm just feeling blessed to even be considered.

edit: they also extended the deadline like mentioned in the previous email!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Wow so I received the OOR secondary today!!!! Unreal for me! This cycle hasn't been great for me and it's been pretty much complete silence from the other schools so I'm just feeling blessed to even be considered.

congrats! I'm still waiting for them to send me the mission statement to fill out. LOL. sigh.....I wouldn't be so sad if I didn't feel like I fit well with their mission.

• Care

yay!!!!!

• Care
Is there a fb group (or other social media group) for accepted Seattle region M0s? I’m searching for roommates!

Hi! Any news on WWAMI/Alaska Cohort IIs? I've had residency verified since 09/30 but haven't heard anything

Hi, I have an interview coming up for the Seattle cohort. I heard that the school usually has a short role playing scenario during the interview but they didn't do one last year due to the interview being virtual. Does anyone know if they are skipping it again this year?
Also, I didn't get a follow up email on when my interview is, though I expect it's going to be on the first week of January. Do they send the email a week before the interview week?

Do we know if anyone (Seattle) has heard anything recently? I thought the last EXCOM meeting was Friday and it's been pretty quiet. Obviously not everyone who is applying is on here but idk

Do we know if anyone (Seattle) has heard anything recently? I thought the last EXCOM meeting was Friday and it's been pretty quiet. Obviously not everyone who is applying is on here but idk
I have not heard anything recently, been on SUC since October. Interviewed 10/6. Last SUC email i received was at the end of November!

Nothing yet.