2021-2022 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the acceptance call yesterday! Seattle cohort

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who interviewed last week on the first week of January for Seattle, did anyone else receive a call or email about a decision?

Last edited:
Accepted!!!! Interviewed this week and got the call today for the Montana cohort!

Have any OOR people that interviewed last week heard anything? They said we'd hear by the end of this week :/

Have any OOR people that interviewed last week heard anything? They said we'd hear by the end of this week :/
I'm OOR and interviewed 5 weeks ago, haven't heard anything... don't know what to think... 😅 They also didn't tell me anything about exactly when I'd hear something...

I'm OOR and interviewed 5 weeks ago, haven't heard anything... don't know what to think... 😅 They also didn't tell me anything about exactly when I'd hear something...
Oh that's a bummer. I'm kind of confused because in the email they sent right after the interview it says "an update on your application can be expected by the end of next week," but it also says you could hear anytime through February?

Last edited:
Oh that's a bummer. I'm kind of confused because in the email they said right after the interview it says "an update on your application can be expected by the end of next week," but it also says you could hear anytime through February?
They sent an email post-interview?

They sent an email post-interview?
Yeah they sent one the next day with the subject "UWSOM Applicant: It was great to meet you!" with a survey and about when we hear back.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah they sent one the next day with the subject "UWSOM Applicant: It was great to meet you!" with a survey and about when we hear back.
Really weird, I got a follow-up email + survey from the Interview Day Experience (the info session stuff, which I scheduled to be earlier the same day of my interview), but nothing after the actual interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, Is there an existing Facebook group for the Seattle cohort? I’m looking for housing and would love find some fellow classmates to live with next year!

Tell me you're a non-trad without telling me you're a non-trad: I had to dig up FOURTEEN addresses for the background check!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Hi, Is there an existing Facebook group for the Seattle cohort? I’m looking for housing and would love find some fellow classmates to live with next year!
Looking for the Montana cohort Facebook page if anyones made one yet!

Hi all,

Anyone willing to share their interview experience? I have mine this week and am very nervous. Did you all get any role play questions?

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all,

Anyone willing to share their interview experience? I have mine this week and am very nervous. Did you all get any role play questions?
Am also wondering about role play questions during the virtual interviews!

Hi all,

Am also wondering about role play questions during the virtual interviews!
I didn't get any role play questions. From what I heard, I don't think they are doing role play questions these days due to the interviews being virtual, though I may be wrong.

Reactions: 5 users
Has anybody else from the Montana cohort heard back? I see that two people have (congratulations, by the way!!). i was under the impression that if we got accepted, we would get a call last friday, otherwise we would get a rejection email yesterday... I still haven't heard anything and I know others are in the same boat.

To confirm what we were assuming, additional interview dates are being added! I'm OOR so I'd interview for Seattle but I received an email today and it stated this:

Congratulations again on your invitation to interview for the UWSOM/WWAMI program!

We wanted to reach out and let you know that we are adding additional interview dates for early February, but are still finalizing the interviewers' schedules for those dates. When we're done, you'll receive an email invitation to choose an interview date.

However I never received an II email, this was the first time I've heard any updates about an interview after completing my secondary last month :lol: I hope this isn't missent because I'm super ecstatic right now, there were instructions to the interview portal as well. Fingers crossed!!!

edit: II email came in late last night!!!!! LETS GOO!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when orientation week is/when classes start? Could not find much info online.
I was just about to ask this too (specifically for the Montana cohort)! I can only find 2021 dates. I emailed yesterday but haven't heard back yet. Trying to figure out summer plans/moving/etc.

To confirm what we were assuming, additional interview dates are being added! I'm OOR so I'd interview for Seattle but I received an email today and it stated this:

However I never received an II email, this was the first time I've heard any updates about an interview after completing my secondary last month :lol: I hope this isn't missent because I'm super ecstatic right now, there were instructions to the interview portal as well. Fingers crossed!!!

edit: II email came in late last night!!!!! LETS GOO!
Got this email last night and thought the same thing when I saw the listed interview dates had already passed, glad I wasn't the only one!!

I was just about to ask this too (specifically for the Montana cohort)! I can only find 2021 dates. I emailed yesterday but haven't heard back yet. Trying to figure out summer plans/moving/etc.
I asked when they called to congratulate and orientation is July 18 and block one starts on July 25

Seattle folks - Facebook group is up - "UWSOM E-2022: Seattle Cohort"

For anyone that has interviewed, did they use a lot of questions from the list they sent? My interview is coming up and Im a bit nervous
I'm curious about this as well. This is going to be my first interview and to a dream/reach school at that, so I'm pretty nervous. Does anyone have any advice for an OOR interviewee?

To all the Spokane applicants that got the SUC back in November, best of luck! Our wait is nearly over.

To all the Spokane applicants that got the SUC back in November, best of luck! Our wait is nearly over.
Nice! Are you supposed to hear back by the end of this month? I interviewed around that time for the Seattle cohort and my “still being considered” email says I’d hear back no later than the end of Feb.

Nice! Are you supposed to hear back by the end of this month? I interviewed around that time for the Seattle cohort and my “still being considered” email says I’d hear back no later than the end of Feb.
Seems like everything is delayed this cycle but I would *guess* that another round of SUCs will go out this week and then actual decisions the week of 2/21. But... who knows any more. :/

• Hmm
Seems like everything is delayed this cycle but I would *guess* that another round of SUCs will go out this week and then actual decisions the week of 2/21. But... who knows any more. :/
nobody knows anymore... lol

edit: my initial response was way to doom and gloom. They have been all over the place with their timeline, but the answers will come when they come!

There are only two weeks of interviews for the Spokane cohort (second is this week) so they should have decisions sometime soon. I think Seattle has more interview weeks so it's a longer window for final decisions. Good luck!

Do a good amount of people get in after getting the “still being considered” email? Or is it pretty much a delayed rejection?

Do a good amount of people get in after getting the “still being considered” email? Or is it pretty much a delayed rejection?
They don't publicly release stats for the SUC list but based on past threads and hearsay, most people get the SUC email and the acceptance rate is approximately the same for the SUC list as it is for the general pool (40-45% post-interview for the Seattle campus).

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
At least for the Seattle campus, most students who are accepted are offered acceptances from the end of February to early March. The "Still Being Considered" email is not a delayed rejection; it is true to its name.

Still Under Consideration email for Seattle cohort. Interviewed January 5th

Last edited:
SUC, Seattle, IS, interviewed last week.

I wonder why I haven't gotten an SUC email in a couple months, I thought we are to get them after each time the admissions committee meets once a month

I wonder why I haven't gotten an SUC email in a couple months, I thought we are to get them after each time the admissions committee meets once a month
I haven't gotten anything either! Very strange

I asked when they called to congratulate and orientation is July 18 and block one starts on July 25
I'm a bit confused on this timeline because my acceptance letter read "Classes will officially begin on July 18, 2022, preceded by a required orientation." Any ideas on this discrepancy?

I'm a bit confused on this timeline because my acceptance letter read "Classes will officially begin on July 18, 2022, preceded by a required orientation." Any ideas on this discrepancy?
I got an email from Lisa B. this week:

Important Dates:
April 15th- Non-Trust applicant compliance requirements due
July 18th – Orientation begins
July 25th – Block 1 begins
September 6th-16th – Immersion begins, which will include an AIME (American Indian Medical Experience) in Browning, September 8th-10th

Will Idaho applicants hear at the end of next week if they are accepted or could it be Monday or Tuesday?

Will Idaho applicants hear at the end of next week if they are accepted or could it be Monday or Tuesday?

Last year we were called on Tuesday. I think most people were called in the afternoon. I'm not sure if they have told anyone anything during interviews this year.

Good luck to all my Idaho homies! I'll be one of the MS1s on the student panel tonight if anyone comes to the zoom Q&A.