2021-2022 NYU, Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got the “waitlist” decision as well. It really sounds like were on the official waitlist based on the wording but that is confusing because I thought they’d take a bit more time before they let us know if we’re moving forward.

Based off of that it sounds like there’s three paths? WL, Continued consideration, no more consideration? I don’t know lol
What does the wording say?

Members don't see this ad.

I just checked the applicant profile and I have the same notification. Does this mean we made the first cut? Should we "accept" the position on the waitlist?
I accepted it because I really like this school. I’m guessing it means we made the first cut and final decisions will come out in February like they said. I’m not entirely sure whether this is the actual waitlist, but either way it just means more waiting anyways

Members don't see this ad :)
still nothing in my portal. guess i didn't make the cut :( oh well

I just checked the applicant profile and I have the same notification. Does this mean we made the first cut? Should we "accept" the position on the waitlist?
I just received an email from them letting me know that the waitlist notification was a mistake. The email then stated that I have been "moved forward into the pool of applicants who will be considered for acceptance in mid-February"

They said my status will be confirmed in a separate email from the Office of admissions. So the upcoming email must be the official one.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
My portal did not say waitlisted but I just got the email. I made the cut!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Also just made the cut! I did not have the waitlist notification on my portal

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
made the cut! so exciting. Wish we could know how much the applicant pool was narrowed down

Reactions: 2 users
Made the cut, but what does this really mean? Is this their way of telling us we’ve been accepted but staying true to the February decision-release? Or is this just like hey we didn’t reject u yet, but we still might haha happy Halloween

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Made the cut, but what does this really mean? Is this their way of telling us we’ve been accepted but staying true to the February decision-release? Or is this just like hey we didn’t reject u yet, but we still might haha happy Halloween
You're in the final pool of considered applicants for ultimate acceptance. Some people will not make the final pool post-II. So you're sorta on to the next step!

I'm taking their email at face value and accepting it as good news, but not a 'soft acceptance.' They mentioned the list is for people they are 'seriously considering,' but how refined that list is a mystery!

People who got the "made the cut" email, did any of you interview in October?

I'm taking their email at face value and accepting it as good news, but not a 'soft acceptance.' They mentioned the list is for people they are 'seriously considering,' but how refined that list is a mystery!
Would be really curious to know just how much of a cut they made. Any lurking students have any insight…?

does your email say "top pool" or just "pool" or something else

Would be really curious to know just how much of a cut they made. Any lurking students have any insight…?
talked to a friend there and apparently they didn't do cuts in previous years

Made the cut!! I’m hoping that we all get good news in Feb :)

caught the R but it's all good! Emailed at 5:22 PM EST today (10/21); interviewed 9/17. OB/GYN (so very few (2) spots, wasn't expecting anything too great). Good luck to everyone left!!!!

• Care
Do you guys think the cut was done proportional to seats for each speciality since gen surg and obgyn only have two seats each?

I "made the cut" as well. They make the email sound so promising, but honestly I'm gonna take it with a grain of salt considering its 24 seats. My guess is that after each interview date they narrow down the applicant pool slightly and then choose out of who is remaining at the very end after all interviews have been done. Seeing as 10 people here have reported making the cut I'm guessing its nothing like a soft acceptance, just means we made it to the final pool (which for all we know could still be 200 people for 24 seats).

For those of us who got the R, did they say if they offer personalized feedback? I feel like I heard them say we could request one-on-one feedback but I can't quite remember...

Anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is for NYU LISOM? Thanks in advance!

Anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is for NYU LISOM? Thanks in advance!
No idea but it can't be good if they're interviewing 500 for 24 seats

• Haha
II this morning :) Complete 7/19 and international applicant.

did anyone get invited to the diversity meet and greet? if so - were you invited to interview?

For those interviewed, how was the interview experience?
1. Was the MMI focused on medical-related issues?
2. Does the interviewer give follow-up questions to continue a conversation?
3. Any overall strategies?

For those interviewed, how was the interview experience?
1. Was the MMI focused on medical-related issues?
2. Does the interviewer give follow-up questions to continue a conversation?
3. Any overall strategies?
Interview experience was great for me!

Beyond that, no one could really answer your questions because all of us signed a confidentiality agreement.

Be yourself and good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just received email notification of being in the final pool of considered applicants for the class of 2026. I have absolutely no idea how many applicants get placed into this final pool post-interview -- anyone have insight?

Interviewed early September!

Just received email notification of being in the final pool of considered applicants for the class of 2026. I have absolutely no idea how many applicants get placed into this final pool post-interview -- anyone have insight?

I got the same thing just now. I have no insight but speculate that this just means we are not rejected yet. Lol. I remember them mentioning that they will reject a group of people around this time and make decisions about acceptances in Feb.

Got the same email. Interviewed early October. Would really like to know how many kids are left in the pool and will be by February, especially since they are only taking 2 students for the program I applied in.

I have my interview Wednesday and it feels like I'm interviewing for basically no reason or just to fill their WL.

Gonna be honest, and I'm sure others feel this way but this school seems unnecessarily competitive and in a ways toxic by dangling such a nice prize in front of you and then giving you slim to none chances of actually getting in here, especially considering saving a year of your life and having little to no debt is kind of life changing.

Feels bad that I haven't even interviewed and people are already on the final consideration list. Maybe I'm just getting psyched out by the numbers and feeling apathetic about it but I can't help but feel it's like a lottery.

Feels bad that I haven't even interviewed and people are already on the final consideration list. Maybe I'm just getting psyched out by the numbers and feeling apathetic about it but I can't help but feel it's like a lottery.
You definitely still have your fair shot of getting into the final pool! I was told that I would be notified 4-6 weeks of my interview date whether I made the final pool, and they definitely made it seem like more students would get added to the final pool as more students interview throughout the cycle. Best of luck on Wednesday!

I got the same thing just now. I have no insight but speculate that this just means we are not rejected yet. Lol. I remember them mentioning that they will reject a group of people around this time and make decisions about acceptances in Feb.
When did you interview?

I have mixed feelings about their admissions process. On the one hand, I appreciate that they give out so many IIs (otherwise I think I wouldn’t have a shot at getting one of few IIs). On the other, it is nervewracking that there are around 500 IIs for 25 spots.

Umm I was complete early july and didn't get an interview or any updates yet. Does that mean I'm basically rejected?

Ii! Oos. Completed in mid July!

• Love
Out of state interview offered today! 515 and 3.92. So excited even though I know our chances are slim!

Hi guys! I have an interview with this school on Friday. I missed the student meet and greet on Sunday due to a family emergency. Am I in trouble or is the meet and greet just supposed to help us find out more about the school? I emailed admissions about it but no reply so far.

Also what is the one hour group activity supposed to be about? I understand the MMI and traditional interview bit but the schedule mentions like a 1 hr group activity. For anyone who has interviewed, what was it like?
On the same boat...