2021-2022 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II 7/30, OOS! Does anyone know whether the Kira Talent interview has a deadline? I got COVID from work :( Saying full sentences without coughing is difficult
Kira deadline is one week after you receive the email from Kira Talent!

edit: hoping for a speedy recovery so you can go at the interview full force!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
How did you prepare for the Kira. Did you just go over common interview questions or have some anecdotes ready in hand for different types of questions?
Or do you think it is something you really can't study for?
I just practiced interview-style questions with my gf to get comfortable answering questions out loud.

How did you prepare for the Kira. Did you just go over common interview questions or have some anecdotes ready in hand for different types of questions?
Or do you think it is something you really can't study for?
I personally went over which anecdotes I wanted to share. You have enough time to think about your answers. You’ve got this :)!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I received a II earlier this week, but I won't be accepting, as I matriculated late last cycle. I also did not do SJT.

OOS
3.5 gpa
517 MCAT

I received a II earlier this week, but I won't be accepting, as I matriculated late last cycle. I also did not do SJT.

OOS
3.5 gpa
517 MCAT
When was your app marked as complete?

OOS
3.5 gpa
517 MCAT
wait so you reapplied this cycle before you heard back last cycle?

As sean said, the cycles ended up overlapping by quite a bit, and I ended up getting accepted after I already submitted my application the second time. My app was marked complete June 28th

As sean said, the cycles ended up overlapping by quite a bit, and I ended up getting accepted after I already submitted my application the second time. My app was marked complete June 28th
Kick some ass bruh!

Did anybody get an info on the zoom sessions after they completed the Kira?

Members don't see this ad :)
II !! 510, 3.73 IS!!!! My dream DO school!! Does anyone know how long it takes to get more info on Kira after signing the participation agreement?

II !! 510, 3.73 IS!!!! My dream DO school!! Does anyone know how long it takes to get more info on Kira after signing the participation agreement?
I got the invite for Kira the day after the initial II email.

• Love
i did the kira assessment yesterday morning! fingers crossed y’all. i interviewed late last cycle (literally did kira in june) so it was nice to have recent practice. definitely hoping for a better cycle. i was riding 4 waitlists all year :/
what kind of questions were asked! good luck :)

what kind of questions were asked! good luck :)

Due to the NDA we signed, we're not allowed to discuss the actual assessment. But don't stress, they give practice questions that help to start talking aloud. It's overall very relaxed and I found it easy to speak about my experiences.

Reactions: 3 users
First II! So hyped! OOS 3.7 509

Last edited:
Well ****, looks like i've been passed over for an interview... complete 7/22 reapp 510/3.6

Well ****, looks like i've been passed over for an interview... complete 7/22 reapp 510/3.6
Doesn’t mean an outright R tho. I’ve been complete since 7/21 and I’m still holding out. Congrats to those who got II so far

great, thanks!
Due to the NDA we signed, we're not allowed to discuss the actual assessment. But don't stress, they give practice questions that help to start talking aloud. It's overall very relaxed and I found it easy to speak about my experiences.

So I'm a little behind and haven't submitted the secondary yet, but I'm a little confused. Is the Kira what the II is or is Kira a separate thing from an II?

So I'm a little behind and haven't submitted the secondary yet, but I'm a little confused. Is the Kira what the II is or is Kira a separate thing from an II?
Yes, Kira is the interview

i just got deets for the group zoom!

For those who did Kira, were you able to read off bullet points on your screen? Were you recorded during the typing questions as well? Or just when the timer went off? Aka, can we type during the prep time and then read tidbits off of our computer?

For those who did Kira, were you able to read off bullet points on your screen? Were you recorded during the typing questions as well? Or just when the timer went off? Aka, can we type during the prep time and then read tidbits off of our computer?
curious about this as well, although they had everyone sign an nda so i don't think they expect us to be prepared for the format

Also for those who did kira, did you think 1 week was enough time to prep? I'm really scared for it

Also for those who did kira, did you think 1 week was enough time to prep? I'm really scared for it
Ditto. Don't want to mess it up. How nerve wracking was it?
Wasn't bad at all! I recommend reading this article as prep.

Ditto. Don't want to mess it up. How nerve wracking was it?
I just did it this morning and I'd say just prepare your typical interview questions and try the practice to get a hang of the software. The preparation period is plenty of time to really think about your response and jot down some notes. Definitely not bad at all - good luck!!

Anyone below 500 MCAT get an II?