2021-2022 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does DMUCOM require CASPer test?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just took it today. The proctoring sucks but if you have good internet, it’s no biggie. It only takes 75 minutes to finish and you get your score back quick. Only thing is that if you register now, your score won’t be sent until probably September.
When do you get scores back

Is SJT considered for II or for admission?

Do y’all think it’s worth applying here without taking the SJT? 3.7+/513, like the school a lot but the proctoring of SJT makes me uneasy
I just took it today. The proctoring sucks but if you have good internet, it’s no biggie. It only takes 75 minutes to finish and you get your score back quick. Only thing is that if you register now, your score won’t be sent until probably September.
What's the proctoring like? Why does it suck so much? I'm taking it in a couple of weeks and have no idea how to approach it or study for it haha rip

What's the proctoring like? Why does it suck so much? I'm taking it in a couple of weeks and have no idea how to approach it or study for it haha rip
The proctoring sucks cause it’s a hassle to set up. You have to download an application, connect with a proctor and then share your screen with them. The even take control of you computer and close any applications and programs your have open. I had to take my test at 10Am but didn’t start until 10:45AM. At first, it was glitchy for me so I had to reset my laptop, but after that it was smooth and the proctor was nice. The test is easy and you don’t need to study for it. It’s a basic ethics test. There’s a practice test online that asks similar questions that I saw on the test

Reactions: 1 users
The proctoring sucks cause it’s a hassle to set up. You have to download an application, connect with a proctor and then share your screen with them. The even take control of you computer and close any applications and programs your have open. I had to take my test at 10Am but didn’t start until 10:45AM. At first, it was glitchy for me so I had to reset my laptop, but after that it was smooth and the proctor was nice. The test is easy and you don’t need to study for it. It’s a basic ethics test. There’s a practice test online that asks similar questions that I saw on the test
I'm going to second this! The proctor does help you work through it but it was so stressful for me in the moment. I didn't think it was going to be a big deal, then 10 minutes before I realized I had to have the Proctor U application. So then I'm stress downloading that on Google Chrome. Then Google Chrome kept disabling it. So then I'm searching the web on how to fix it- my test starts in 3 minutes- then I read on reddit that someone had the same problem and had to download firefox and it finally worked. Then the proctor made me close my blinds, switch the seat at the table I was sitting at..I started like 30 minutes late. Then the actual test itself wasn't too bad lol.

If you get nothing else from this- do the recommended systems checks etc the day before!!

Reactions: 1 user
I just noticed that language about not accepting AP credits for prerequisite courses has disappeared from DMU's Admission Requirements page. Does anyone know if this is a real policy change, or a website designer's mistake?

Anyone still waiting on the "DMU Initial Review of Application Items" to be marked as received? Seems like it's been over a month for me.

Anyone still waiting on the "DMU Initial Review of Application Items" to be marked as received? Seems like it's been over a month for me.
all of mine are marked as received, but my application as a whole is still being reviewed.

Members don't see this ad :)
also got an invite for Kira!!! yesterday!!

A few days after being marked complete at DMU, I got an email from them about how they recommend taking SJT and I also got an email from AACOMAS reminding me SJT is recommended my DMU. Has anyone else who hasn't taken SJT gotten those emails?

I had to reschedule my July test to August 3rd, so I haven't taken it yet, but plan too.

Has anyone gotten an interview without a SJT score? Just wondering if I am going to have to wait until my score gets released to be considered

A few days after being marked complete at DMU, I got an email from them about how they recommend taking SJT and I also got an email from AACOMAS reminding me SJT is recommended my DMU. Has anyone else who hasn't taken SJT gotten those emails?

I had to reschedule my July test to August 3rd, so I haven't taken it yet, but plan too.

Has anyone gotten an interview without a SJT score? Just wondering if I am going to have to wait until my score gets released to be considered
No! They will review your file as soon everything else but the SJT is complete. I actually asked them this same question since my SJT was in June, so this answer is straight from them :)

No! They will review your file as soon everything else but the SJT is complete. I actually asked them this same question since my SJT was in June, so this answer is straight from them :)
Awesome! Thanks.

People that got interview invites, did you guys complete the SJT?

congrats btw !!!! :)

People that got interview invites, did you guys complete the SJT?

congrats btw !!!! :)
I did not. Also, I called Des Moines today to see if we should take the SJT even with an ii, and they recommended that we do so.

Does anybody mine sharing stats that got ii please, thanks :)

Just got my first II!! 509 MCAT and 3.6 GPA. SUPER HYPED

Reactions: 2 users
II Today too!!!! 516, 3.80 let's go!

Same! Just got an ii, lol i was so worried because this is def one of my top choices! Thank God 🙏

First II today, tried to hold back tears. It's been such a long road to get here. Let's get that bread fam!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users

Also been over a month for me...just playing the waiting game now I guess.

It took mine about 3 weeks after my LOR was submitted. Definitely seems like it takes a while!

Got this email today: “We are pleased to inform you that we have received all components of your application for the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine program at Des Moines University. At this time your file is complete and has been forwarded to the Admission Committee for review. You will be notified of your admission status via email once a decision has been reached”

Anyone else, especially those who got a II, received this email or am I screwed lol?

Got this email today: “We are pleased to inform you that we have received all components of your application for the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine program at Des Moines University. At this time your file is complete and has been forwarded to the Admission Committee for review. You will be notified of your admission status via email once a decision has been reached”

Anyone else, especially those who got a II, received this email or am I screwed lol?
That's just the generic email they send you when they start reviewing your application. It doesn't mean anything bad I got that email about a month ago.... Takes time for them to read through applications is all.

That's just the generic email they send you when they start reviewing your application. It doesn't mean anything bad I got that email about a month ago.... Takes time for them to read through applications is all.
Ah, ok. Neuroticism getting the better of me. Thank ya kindly 👍🏼

I actually ended up sending them an email just to double check that I didn't need to do anything else and then literally the next day I got that part marked as "received" so idk if that actually sped up the process but just an update!

BTW I interviewed relatively late and got in last year (though i deferred a year) after being second quartile on the waitlist in a year where there was an increased amount of applicants.

• Care
BTW I interviewed relatively late and got in last year (though i deferred a year) after being second quartile on the waitlist in a year where there was an increased amount of applicants.
what were your stats?

II 7/30, OOS! Does anyone know whether the Kira Talent interview has a deadline? I got COVID from work :( Saying full sentences without coughing is difficult
I would email admission - they’re very responsive and accommodate atypical situations.

Out of curiosity - when did your got reached completion (I.e. the email with subject “Des Moines University Application Complete”)?

i did the kira assessment yesterday morning! fingers crossed y’all. i interviewed late last cycle (literally did kira in june) so it was nice to have recent practice. definitely hoping for a better cycle. i was riding 4 waitlists all year :/

• Care
i did the kira assessment yesterday morning! fingers crossed y’all. i interviewed late last cycle (literally did kira in june) so it was nice to have recent practice. definitely hoping for a better cycle. i was riding 4 waitlists all year :/

How did you prepare for the Kira. Did you just go over common interview questions or have some anecdotes ready in hand for different types of questions?
Or do you think it is something you really can't study for?