2021-2022 Arizona, Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No? No one has received a waitlist email for two weeks haha
I got one last week but not this week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I wish they wouldn't keep us in post-interview limbo like this. It's been 2 and a half months...

Reactions: 3 users
so is it safe to say nothing is happening today? It's almost 5:30 AZ time so I'm guessing their office is done for the week

Members don't see this ad :)
counting down the days until Friday lol. I hope this is the week for some of us. Good luck everyone

Reactions: 10 users
Hey guys, withdrew my app from here because I got into another school. I'll miss you guys and our memeage of the Thursday hold reminders :) lots of love and luck to you future docs!!! Hope I was able to make you guys laugh at least a little bit this cycle!

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Hey guys, withdrew my app from here because I got into another school. I'll miss you guys and our memeage of the Thursday hold reminders :) lots of love and luck to you future docs!!! Hope I was able to make you guys laugh at least a little bit this cycle!
Massive congrats!!!!!!!!!

• Care
got that WL email for the first time in a MONTH... woo

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
II today! Was complete 07/26. The only date available to me was in January RIP.

• Love
To all those interviewing tomorrow, good luck! To those waiting to hear admission decisions, I wish you the best! 😃

• Care
I actually interviewed for Tucson on 11/5 and then I got an interview waitlist email today, I wonder how many more of those are flukes haha 😅

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I actually interviewed for Tucson on 11/5 and then I got an interview waitlist email today, I wonder how many more of those are flukes haha 😅
I got 3 WL emails from them in a row today haha, so there's something up with that system

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I also received the interview WL email despite having an interview scheduled. Grateful they sent a follow-up email about the error!

I received an interview wait-list email today, I see everyone saying there is some mishap going on with their system today, so I hope this email isn't a fluke

yeah i'm starting to think that if I don't get a call in the next 10 minutes it's not happening today because last year they always did calls in the morning I believe--then again, this cycle seems different

• Sad
hoping we will at least receive a “you are still in consideration” email like they’ve done in past years and they won’t just leave us in post-II limbo 🥺

yeah i'm starting to think that if I don't get a call in the next 10 minutes it's not happening today because last year they always did calls in the morning I believe--then again, this cycle seems different
What happened today? I thought they said for sure they would send acceptances out to someone today

What happened today? I thought they said for sure they would send acceptances out to someone today
yeah they had said during one of the interview dates that nov 19th was the earliest some people could hear. I'm wondering if they did do a round of acceptances and just haven't sent out the status update email yet (maybe monday? because my file went from not saying under review on the welcome tab to now saying "file under review"... I'm kinda bummed because i thought maybe when that mark had been removed from my file that it meant i was going to get in, but now that it's back, there goes that theory... which makes me think they did give some updates today because why did my file change in the last few hours if they didn't change some statuses today? sorry this is probably confusing lol

yeah they had said during one of the interview dates that nov 19th was the earliest some people could hear. I'm wondering if they did do a round of acceptances and just haven't sent out the status update email yet (maybe monday? because my file went from not saying under review on the welcome tab to now saying "file under review"... I'm kinda bummed because i thought maybe when that mark had been removed from my file that it meant i was going to get in, but now that it's back, there goes that theory... which makes me think they did give some updates today because why did my file change in the last few hours if they didn't change some statuses today? sorry this is probably confusing lol
I thought someone had said the 19th was for MD PhD candidates so maybe they accepted like 2 people today and that's why we aren't seeing anything on here.

I thought someone had said the 19th was for MD PhD candidates so maybe they accepted like 2 people today and that's why we aren't seeing anything on here.
I really hope so, but still, I'm really curious why they havent done acceptances (that we know of) in over a month now when they consistently did them every 2 weeks last cycle. I also wonder if they're even going to have time to do calls on the next round of acceptances because I would think it has to be a big wave of A's at this point

Reactions: 3 users
I really hope so, but still, I'm really curious why they havent done acceptances (that we know of) in over a month now when they consistently did them every 2 weeks last cycle. I also wonder if they're even going to have time to do calls on the next round of acceptances because I would think it has to be a big wave of A's at this point
Yeah, I have no idea. I would have expected to see some more rounds of A's by now but maybe they just wanted to interview some more people first. I wonder if they still do that scoring system I had read about.

it's also strange that we didnt hear more today because I just realized next weekend is Thanksgiving weekend so there's no way they're doing A's on that Friday

it's also strange that we didnt hear more today because I just realized next weekend is Thanksgiving weekend so there's no way they're doing A's on that Friday
True but it's not like they have to do it on a Friday. If they want to they can do it on a Tuesday haha.

I called admissions and asked when they anticipate their next round of decisions and she said early December.

I called admissions and asked when they anticipate their next round of decisions and she said early December.
Thanks for sharing this info. Did she say they did one recently or does that mean they only did October and then not until more than a month later lol? I wonder why this year is so different ugh

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this info. Did she say they did one recently or does that mean they only did October and then not until more than a month later lol? I wonder why this year is so different ugh
No problem! And she didn’t say when the last round of acceptances was (and I forgot to ask).

No problem! And she didn’t say when the last round of acceptances was (and I forgot to ask).
so I emailed and asked this question (when the last round of acceptances was) because I’m really curious too and she said they’ve only done one round on October 15th. crazy that they’ve only done one….I wonder why they’re doing things so differently this year :unsure:

• Hmm
so I emailed and asked this question (when the last round of acceptances was) because I’m really curious too and she said they’ve only done one round on October 15th. crazy that they’ve only done one….I wonder why they’re doing things so differently this year :unsure:
Thanks for checking and sharing this! Now I'm wondering if they will do rejections before April this year too if they've changed their approach to the process

• Hmm
just got an interview waitlist thing. They said im still being considered for an interview. Interesting. I applied october 28th (late ik)

just got an interview waitlist thing. They said im still being considered for an interview. Interesting. I applied october 28th (late ik)
Completed my secondary 11/11 (Yes, Not a typo. Delay beyond my control- Covid related). Got an email yesterday. Impressed that they took 11 days to process my application. MCAT 514, GPA3.8
"However, we have determined that you are a competitive candidate and you will continue to be considered during this application cycle. "

I haven't get any email updates after my interview (early Sept), should I be worried?

From my understanding no one has gotten any update emails since their interview
Except for those that were accepted October 15th but yeah I haven’t heard anything since I interviewed in August.

Except for those that were accepted October 15th but yeah I haven’t heard anything since I interviewed in August.
Are we sure that no one heard back in November because on their website didn't they write that they send out monthly acceptances?

Are we sure that no one heard back in November because on their website didn't they write that they send out monthly acceptances?
Pretty sure because someone said they called admissions and asked and they said they have only done acceptances on October 15th and won’t again until December

@AdmissionsOffice Hello! I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. Can you give us any insight as to how often we can expect acceptances to go out this cycle? I know last year, acceptance calls were made on Fridays every 2-3 weeks up until April (and then it was acceptances from the waitlist beyond that point). It seems as though you are doing it differently this year, so any information regarding
the frequency of updates would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Reactions: 5 users
WL update just now. Havent gotten one of these in a while

Just caught the waitlist email after not getting it for a month... complete early July IS LM 74. Nice to hear something!!

@AdmissionsOffice

Thanks for your help and guidance. Can you please let us know how many are currently on the waitlist for interviews? How many interview spots are remaining to be given out? Once in the waitlist pool for an interview does the application completion matter or is it based on the merits of an application?

I hope soooo, although i'm sure people that interviewed before Nov 5th still haven't heard back? I'm thinking i won't get a post interview update till like spring LOL
Yeah I interviewed in August and am waiting!!

• Care