2021-2022 Arizona, Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Kind of lame that this school doesn't offer any sort of feedback if you're rejected. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth for those who had to physically travel to the interview. Best of luck to those who got the A. Just wish there was more information about why you got the R.

Members don't see this ad.

Did they say that they would not give feedback on the rejection email? I distinctly remember Dr. Fogerty mentioning that they were happy to talk to us about our application regardless of the final decision during my interview day.

Reactions: 1 user
Just curious- were these rejections or that hold for re-review email? If they were rejections, when did you interview?
It was a rejection. My friend interviewed in September and the e-mail he showed me said that they don't provide individual feedback.

Members don't see this ad :)
It was a rejection. My friend interviewed in September and the e-mail he showed me said that they don't provide individual feedback.
That's interesting, because they gave me an R last year, but then at the end of the cycle, sent out an email to sign up for slots to talk about the application and what can be done to better it for the next cycle. I took this cycle off and will be reapplying next cycle with the feedback they gave me.

Reactions: 1 users
That's interesting, because they gave me an R last year, but then at the end of the cycle, sent out an email to sign up for slots to talk about the application and what can be done to better it for the next cycle. I took this cycle off and will be reapplying next cycle with the feedback they gave me.

Got the same email and attended. Now with an A here. IS. I think they won't do mass feedback through email, but if you are interested in the school and the cycle doesn't pan out this is an opportunity.

Reactions: 2 users
Do we need to do anything to accept our acceptance? Like submit a deposit or respond to something etc?

Do we need to do anything to accept our acceptance? Like submit a deposit or respond to something etc?
Dean Fogerty said to just enjoy the acceptance and that details would come out soon!

Hey everyone, I interviewed in early August and got out for further consideration until Nov. 1st. Does anyone know if this basically means I’m waitlisted?

Hey everyone, I interviewed in early August and got out for further consideration until Nov. 1st. Does anyone know if this basically means I’m waitlisted?
I don’t think so, it just means they’re still comparing you to the newly interviewed applicants.

Pretty sure waitlist decisions are given at the end of the interview cycle.

just got the R (Pre-II). I'm out, good luck everyone!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got pre-II waitlist. OOS 3.5x GPA 512 MCAT Complete in Mid-September

• Care
Have any accepted applicants heard anything yet? Like next steps?

Does UofA Phoenix tend to review applications chronologically? I was complete on 9/2 and I am OOS. Also, do they send updates via email or is it only sent through their portal?

Does UofA Phoenix tend to review applications chronologically? I was complete on 9/2 and I am OOS. Also, do they send updates via email or is it only sent through their portal?
Updates come in through email and the portal (accept for an acceptance - then they call/email and rejections/WL they email). I wouldn't say they reviewed exactly chronologically (it is hard to tell), but submitting 9/2 means that if they were that is probably to your benefit!

Just received a pre-II R. Good luck to the rest of you :)

• Care
Pre II R as well. OOS
Good luck to everyone else.

• Care
Updates come in through email and the portal (accept for an acceptance - then they call/email and rejections/WL they email). I wouldn't say they reviewed exactly chronologically (it is hard to tell), but submitting 9/2 means that if they were that is probably to your benefit!
Sorry if I misunderstood your comment. How does submitting 9/2 give a benefit?

Sorry if I misunderstood your comment. How does submitting 9/2 give a benefit?
If they are going chronologically, someone who submitted through June and July should probably be more worried than someone who submitted in September. Again though, it’s hard to know if they’re going in order and I kind of doubt they are.

Kind of lame that this school doesn't offer any sort of feedback if you're rejected. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth for those who had to physically travel to the interview. Best of luck to those who got the A. Just wish there was more information about why you got the R.
Traveling has always been the standard Pre-pandemic, and shall become
Ok, so no much status information on this one. So refreshing our email inbox is the only option ;)

Traveling has always been the standard Pre-pandemic, and shall become

Ok, so no much status information on this one. So refreshing our email inbox is the only option ;)
I wouldn't say always. Times change and there are better ways to do things. The medical school application process is already abhorrently expensive, inconvenient, and stressful. Things like travel take up time and add additional costs that students factor into where they want to attend school. I hope that more schools move towards making virtual interviews a permanent feature.

I wouldn't say always. Times change and there are better ways to do things. The medical school application process is already abhorrently expensive, inconvenient, and stressful. Things like travel take up time and add additional costs that students factor into where they want to attend school. I hope that more schools move towards making virtual interviews a permanent feature.
Completely agree with you Dr. Toboggin

Perhaps there will be some schools that adopt virtual interviews as an option for international applicants or those living out far. Let’s say someone applying to a Florida School who lives in Alaska or Hawaii. This said, I doubt they will apply it widely post-pandemic since virtual interviews are more impersonal, and can never substitute the value of in-person meetings. Also, having the student come to in-person meetings signals commitment, and reduce interview hoarding from students who are not really that interested in a school and are just holding the slot as a safety backup.

In the end, with the average school receiving 4000 applications each year for 150-200 seats, they have no incentive to make the processes easier, instead, they need to find more ways to thin the herd.

C: 10/1, II:11/1. MD-PhD applicant. This is going to be my first MMI, hecka nervous. For those who have interviewed, how is the MMI vibe? Thanks!!

Can I ask, was the feedback that it was solely your interview performance that was the issue or did they re-review your entire application and have some qualm with something there?

I also got the post II-R from them and am racking my brains as to why. I know I did not bomb the MMI, there were a few stations that were definitely not stellar, but I was a bit miffed and surprised to not even get a WL.

Can I ask, was the feedback that it was solely your interview performance that was the issue or did they re-review your entire application and have some qualm with something there?

I also got the post II-R from them and am racking my brains as to why. I know I did not bomb the MMI, there were a few stations that were definitely not stellar, but I was a bit miffed and surprised to not even get a WL.
Oh no I didn't even get an interview! They send you a sheet so you can try to identify what may have been your weak points, and then they let you know if you're correct. You can then ask questions about what may improve your app. They also encouraged me to email them when I reapply to let them know that I did have this 1:1 with them.

My 2 biggest things wrong with my app were my MCAT score and sending my primary in Sept and my secondary in Oct. They said my grades looked okay and my experiences were what they were looking for in an applicant. I asked if having a bit of research would help and they said it wouldn't hurt.

Hope this helps!

For those that got rejected pre-II, did they send an email to you or did you have to look in your portal?

Waiting to hopefully hear on Nov. 15th (which is the next potential acceptance date), for those that interviewed not too long ago (interviewed near end of Oct.) ...

Are they almost done sending out IIs? What dates are they having their interviews now?

Are they almost done sending out IIs? What dates are they having their interviews now?
Going by MSAR, they're probably about 3/4 done, but the large majority of remaining interviews will probably go to in-state applicants

I completed both UA secondaries in late August as an IS applicant. Heard back from Tucson in mid September yet Phoenix is still silent…

Also just got the R! Not too sad about it since I received an A from UA Tucson last month which was my top choice, but best of luck to everyone still waiting! UA is an amazing school! :)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Also just got the R! Not too sad about it since I received an A from UA Tucson last month which was my top choice, but best of luck to everyone still waiting! UA is an amazing school! :)
best of luck to you too!! And congrats on the A from UA Tucson.

Did you get an email notification for the R or did you have to check the portal? Sorry if this seems like a dumb question. I just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss out on anything.