2020-2021 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone not have a 'Photo Tab' on their portal? I am trying to submit the headshot that they asked for on the interview email but I can't seem to find the place to put it in

I was told at my interview that it takes an additional week compared to the traditional MD decisions. Did you receive any information about decisions at your interview?
I was the only person during my interview session in early December that interviewed specifically for the WARM program. They didn't say anything about the notification time being different.

I was the only person during my interview session in early December that interviewed specifically for the WARM program. They didn't say anything about the notification time being different.
I interviewed dec 9-11 so that may not be the case :)

Reactions: 1 user
Ik they don't accept updates pre-II, but does Wisco allow updates after interviewing?

Ik they don't accept updates pre-II, but does Wisco allow updates after interviewing?
I don't believe so. I think they said the interview day is your only chance to give updates on your application

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone interviewing in January get an interview tab on their portal yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm prepping for an interview at the end of the month, does anyone have some information regarding the school that should be known before? I've read about the curriculum and some other things but not sure what is the most noteworthy to know before-hand.

I'm prepping for an interview at the end of the month, does anyone have some information regarding the school that should be known before? I've read about the curriculum and some other things but not sure what is the most noteworthy to know before-hand.
whatever you could find on the website (which is ABUNDANT for this school), info given in the portal, info given on SDN. Those are the sources that you need. That's it. That's what I did to prepare for the interview back in Nov 2020. GOod luck!

Anyone else who interviewed in early December anxiously waiting to hear back??

Reactions: 3 users
My twin brother & I accepted to UW Madison this morning. OOS with strong ties! Interview 11/11 & 11/18

• Love
I got the acceptance call this morning, but a few hours later I got an email asking me to sign up to get a background check for “conditionally accepted and waiting list” students. Did this happen to anyone else I’m kinda freaking out they made a mistake with the call now.

I got the acceptance call this morning, but a few hours later I got an email asking me to sign up to get a background check for “conditionally accepted and waiting list” students. Did this happen to anyone else I’m kinda freaking out they made a mistake with the call now.
Acceptance is conditional upon satisfactory background check result I imagine.

Acceptance is conditional upon satisfactory background check result I imagine.
That makes sense but I didn’t get this email for my prior acceptances. Ugh sometimes I prefer email to call because I like to have it in writing or I won’t believe it lol

That makes sense but I didn’t get this email for my prior acceptances. Ugh sometimes I prefer email to call because I like to have it in writing or I won’t believe it lol
Every school does things differently. You spoke to someone that had your contact information, called you, and offered you an acceptance. Take a deep breath and celebrate - you deserve it! Don't let the imposter syndrome start before med school!

As an aside, I like the personal touch of the call. Conversely, we've seen from past years accidental acceptances have been sent via email!

When did you have your interview?

Accepted this morning! I am so excited. Does anyone know when we will hear anything about financial aid?

Reactions: 2 users
It sounds like a phone call. Crossing my fingers for a call today!

Got the A call this morning! OOS applicant w/o any significant ties and interviewed 11/11-11/13. Was told that an email with more details would be coming out over the weekend for those wondering about financial aid

• Care
I got accepted this morning!! A call first then an email came later. Interview was 12/3

• Care
Got the A call this morning! OOS applicant w/o any significant ties and interviewed 11/11-11/13. Was told that an email with more details would be coming out over the weekend for those wondering about financial aid
financial aid emails are going out this weekend?

For those that have interviewed, how did you feel about the group interview?

Not 100% sure but I believe that the follow-up emails that talk about accepting the spot are supposed to have more details
Okay. I received my scholarship offer in my call from the school and older threads say that when they received it later, they were contacted suddenly

My twin brother and I both OOS; both accepted 1/8; URM

Reactions: 4 users
Hey you’ll. Can someone please explain the schedule for the interview days? I work so it’s difficult to get all 3 days off. Is there a day I could potentially skip without consequences? Or even if there’s a day or two in which I could work half day and attend the activities required? Or do I have to take all 3 days off?

Hey you’ll. Can someone please explain the schedule for the interview days? I work so it’s difficult to get all 3 days off. Is there a day I could potentially skip without consequences? Or even if there’s a day or two in which I could work half day and attend the activities required? Or do I have to take all 3 days off?
I was able to fit my interview into 2 out of the 3 days after scheduling the 1 on 1 interview. Aside from that, I would say you can do half days for any of them.