2020-2021 University of Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine (UP-KYCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine was the standard med school interview. Prep for those classic questions and have some questions to ask your interviewers at the end. :)
Any curve balls?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my secondary on 10/26. I don't have a physician LOR in my AACOMAS yet though. Do you think that's why I haven't been invited yet? I did get a confirmation email the day after I submitted the secondary though.
That could be it, but it wouldn't hurt to reach out! They seem like nice folks.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary on 10/26. I don't have a physician LOR in my AACOMAS yet though. Do you think that's why I haven't been invited yet? I did get a confirmation email the day after I submitted the secondary though.
Most likely as I believe a physician letter is a requirement for them.

II today! First one of this cycle so I'm super nervous. Anyone have any tips or how the interview is like here?
You'll be fine! Mine was a few weeks ago and my first too, it was an hour interview 1-on-1 with a prof. It was very casual and relaxed. Just look at the sdn KYCOM interview feedback page and you'll do great!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
You'll be fine! Mine was a few weeks ago and my first too, it was an hour interview 1-on-1 with a prof. It was very casual and relaxed. Just look at the sdn KYCOM interview feedback page and you'll do great!
Thank you!

Withdrew my interview from here, hopefully it goes to one of you great people!

• Care
Hi all, has anyone received any phone calls this week or heard of acceptances? Chomping at the bit to find out! 🥴

Last edited:
  • Care
Hi all, received an acceptance call just a few min ago! First acceptance ever!! I'm in absolute awe and disbelief! Complete in mid-late October, interviewed 11/30 and LM of ~66

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hi all, received an acceptance call just a few min ago! First acceptance ever!! I'm in absolute awe and disbelief! Complete in mid-late October, interviewed 11/30 and LM of ~66
Are you gonna commit?! Congrats!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!! I’m going to be a doctor!!!!! Got the call about 3 hours ago, have been happy crying ever since

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Accepted yesterday around 2:00pm. I can't believe it!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Had my interview last week. Definitely one of my top choices for schools. Interview went very well: questions were general and conversation was relaxed. Hoping I get accepted!

• Love
Got the acceptance call on Saturday morning, interviewed on 11/17 I believe.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Don't bother. My MCAT is more than 10 points above their current median and I have multiple friends there who spoke to the director on my behalf. He likes my app/SMP GPA but said the admissions committee won't budge on their 3.2 undergrad requirement. It's written in stone. My SMP MD advisor (T50 school) was surprised when I told her. She thought it's a ridiculous requirement and not "holistic" at all.
This is very brutal and surprising...seriously though not holistic at all i agree

Hi guys, I have an interview here this week. Anyone have any helpful tips or advice?

• Care
Hi guys, I have an interview here this week. Anyone have any helpful tips or advice?
Mine was very standard. I also researched the faculty interviewing me so I had some talking points, just in case. You’re going to be great!!

Just finished my interview here, boosted my opinion of it greatly. Interviewers were awesome and friendly, only took 50 minutes but was super laid back.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Waiting back! Applied in July, letter of recommendations didn’t come until October. 😫

• Care
Currrent students at this school, what do you think of the area and the housing opportunity. I got accepted here and will be putting down a deposit soon

Currrent students at this school, what do you think of the area and the housing opportunity. I got accepted here and will be putting down a deposit soon
A fair amount of housing opportunities for all budgets and the school is really good at helping as well. You'll be added to a facebook group where people will post properties for rent. I think the area is great - I grew up in a rural area so I'm used to it. A decent amount of restaurants and grocery stores too. Usually the students who had a harder time adjusting were ones from large urban cities but I think most of them ended up enjoying the town!

I'm a KYCOM alumni, just checked the website for the first time in a while. A lot of the professors are different now. Almost like a whole new school and vibe. Kinda sad/nostalgic...kinda happy/whatevs... but Interesting nonetheless :)

I'm a KYCOM alumni, just checked the website for the first time in a while. A lot of the professors are different now. Almost like a whole new school and vibe. Kinda sad/nostalgic...kinda happy/whatevs... but Interesting nonetheless :)
How was your experience there?

How long was the typical wait time for people who got accepted?

I interviewed on 12/10 and I know the committee meets on Monday

I was told by Mike Kennedy to expect a 3 week turnaround on decisions. I also interviewed that day. Good luck!

I am a current fourth year and half those faculty are new ;)

They told me “before Christmas” during my interview on 12/1. It would be a nice present, but I’m guessing there will be delays.

They told me “before Christmas” during my interview on 12/1. It would be a nice present, but I’m guessing there will be delays.

From one Nontrad EMS person to another, you got this! 💪

• Care
I just got the call this morning!!! Omg happy tears, I’m gonna be a doctor!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Also got the call today. First acceptance of the season! 💪💪

• Love
Accepted!!!! First one of the cycle so thank god. Can enjoy my holidays in peace now lol

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Guess I can add onto the acceptance train, my first of the season! OOS and a little stunned but super excited

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
just received a call this morning from the dean, 1st medical school acceptance :)

• Love
I got the call today as well and I’m still stunned!
Does anyone know how long will they take to send the confirmation email after the call?

• Love
Received a call this morning as well and I’m still stunned!
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the confirmation email after the call?