2020-2021 UNC - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still awaiting decision, September interview šŸ˜©

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
October interview, still awaiting decision on portal (no change)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Iā€™m more nervous now I think. Just afraid with it being this late in the week itā€™s an R

Mine says awaiting decision. Since only a few got it it might be good news

this is about to be really good news for some of us or really bad

I just don't see if there are further acceptance to be sent why it would be sent later in the week instead of the day when all acceptances went out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just don't see if there are further acceptance to be sent why it would be sent later in the week instead of the day when all acceptances went out.
They may have met again in anticipation of Monday being the 15th and made more decisions? Or it could just be a wave of WL/R. Truly none of us know and we are all anxiously grasping at any sign, so I apologize to everyone else who is feeling as mentally and emotionally drained as I am. We will all be okay!

Reactions: 5 users
They may have met again in anticipation of Monday being the 15th and made more decisions? Or it could just be a wave of WL/R. Truly none of us know and we are all anxiously grasping at any sign, so I apologize to everyone else who is feeling as mentally and emotionally drained as I am. We will all be okay!
Does this make anyone want to go into psych? šŸ˜‚

We just hope it's good news for all of you! Maybe we can all get off this crazy train ride sooner rather than later.

Sept interview, decided. Huge pang of anxiety just hit me

Here's a tally of those who just received a "decided" portal change.
Sept - 1
Oct - 1
Nov - 1
Dec - 1
Jan - 1
Feb - 1

Maybe they are picking their favorites from each month...

Edit: this is pure speculation, I don't know how to interpret the data here

Here's a tally of those who just received a "decided" portal change.
Sept - 1
Oct - 1
Nov - 1
Dec - 1
Jan - 1
Feb - 1

Maybe they are picking their favorites from each month...

Edit: this is pure speculation, I don't know how to interpret the data here
Iā€™m also an october interview so thatā€™s 2

Still awaiting decision September interview.

If there are that many decided on SDN then there are probably way more decided that arenā€™t on SDN. This sounds like WL/R.

If there are that many decided on SDN then there are probably way more decided that arenā€™t on SDN. This sounds like WL/R.
Don't give up hope just yet. I know the WL/R wave came around this time last year. But they are running late, so that has to factor in somewhere. It could be a late A wave. The "A wave" from earlier this week was underwhelming compared to the previous years.

Reactions: 2 users
Also, going through last years thread and correct me if Iā€™m wrong but it seemed like their portals changed to ā€œwaitlistā€ if WL, not ā€œdecidedā€.

Also, going through last years thread and correct me if Iā€™m wrong but it seemed like their portals changed to ā€œwaitlistā€ if WL, not ā€œdecidedā€.

Oh wait I thought it was only between awaiting decision and decided

Oh wait I thought it was only between awaiting decision and decided
ok then I may have no idea what Iā€™m talking about lmao

someone on last yearā€™s wrote this ā€œmine says decided after accepting WLā€

There were also Rs sent out this week (friends of SDN posters) so I have no idea whatā€™s about to come

Well, the common consensus seems to be that if your interview went really well, todays decided can be really good news.

Last edited:
Well, the common consensus seems to be that if your interview went really well, todays decided can be really good news.

See I thought it went well afterwards but now, 5-6 months later, Iā€™ve thought of every thing I could or should have said and have replaced that confidence with doubt lol so i dunno

See I thought it went well afterwards but now, 5-6 months later, Iā€™ve thought of every thing I could or should have said and have replaced that confidence with doubt lol so i dunno
yup same. it was also my first interview so I had nothing to compare it to lolol

yup same. it was also my first interview so I had nothing to compare it to lolol
Sameee. Iā€™m still awaiting decision, but either way hope I didnā€™t shoot myself in the foot by taking it as my first interview :(

What would really suck is if they updated the portal and didn't notify you all until Monday of what the decision is.

What would really suck is if they updated the portal and didn't notify you all until Monday of what the decision is.
Two helpful things I learned in the army was to enjoy the ā€œhurry up and wait processā€ and have extremely low expectations. Oh and a lil jack and coke to embrace the suck.

Reactions: 4 users
I mean I felt like my interview went extremely well but mine still says awaiting decision. Staying hopeful šŸ¤—

Two helpful things I learned in the army was to enjoy the ā€œhurry up and wait processā€ and have extremely low expectations. Oh and a lil jack and coke to embrace the suck.
lol isn't that the truth. Weapons draw 0430, Commo Check 0830, Convoy Brief 0845, Range SP time 0930.... WHY DID WE GET THERE AT 0430?! Or freaking showing up to manifest at 0530 for an 1100 TOT. But still after 12 years in the Army, this wait still sucks.

I mean I felt like my interview went extremely well but mine still says awaiting decision. Staying hopeful šŸ¤—
my UNC interview felt like my best and it was my first. It just felt great. I got done and couldn't be happier. Still awaiting decision. ugh

Just got hit with that waitlist for the second year in a row. WOOT WOOT! Sept interview

WL as well, was awaiting decision when I checked earlier. I'll take it!

Oh no, now I donā€™t know if changing to decided earlier today was good or bad

Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked? Also is there typically a lot of movement? Also can schools who have waitlisted you see if you have other acceptances? Wondering if they will purposely choose people on the waitlist that donā€™t have an acceptance over someone who does. Sorry for all the questions

Just got the waitlist email. My portal still says awaiting decision