2020-2021 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just sent an update letter/Letter of intent and got a pretty confusing and cold email, saying they received my updates but also they do not allow updates. soo idk what that means
You have to reword it to have 0 updates and instead just say that if accepted, you'll take the position. Look up what a Letter of Intent (to enroll) is on google/sdn/reddit. This should give you more clarity

Members don't see this ad.

Dont know if anyone else attended the UP session, but one of the admin deans said if this year is anything like the previous ones, there's be a lot of WL movement after April 30. Pls someone else confirm I heard this right if you went and it's not my delusions making this up LOL

Reactions: 2 users
Tomorrow marks 6 weeks since my interview date! I hope that means we are close to hearing back

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
April 2 and I think the next is the 30th
If it’s initial decision, can it be after or on April 30th since that’s the PTE day?? Wouldn’t make sense to release on the day of and give us hours to decide? Just wondering bc I’m still waiting for initial decision from early March interview

If it’s initial decision, can it be after or on April 30th since that’s the PTE day?? Wouldn’t make sense to release on the day of and give us hours to decide? Just wondering bc I’m still waiting for initial decision from early March interview

It's on April 30 based on last year and I don't think they give you hours, I think you get the regular 2 weeks

If anyone cares/is neurotic like me lmfao:

Based on last year's thread, it seemed like the first few people who got off WL (and posted about it) found out in the first few weeks of May and into June!

Reactions: 3 users
It's on April 30 based on last year and I don't think they give you hours, I think you get the regular 2 weeks
Yes the AAMC traffic rules are not hard and fast rules; they’re recommendations to make sure that all schools have their seats filled and that applicants don’t sit on several acceptances forever.

From the website: “These guidelines are not intended to supersede the policies, timelines, or discretion of individual schools or programs. Each applicant is expected to become familiar with the procedures and requirements of each school to which they apply. The AAMC understands that an individual’s circumstances (e.g., delays in receiving financial aid offer or other compelling personal reasons) may warrant exception from one or more of the following protocols, and defers to each school’s judgment in such cases.”

Emailed yesterday about when decisions will be made and the response was ‘once there is a final decision, you will know via email’.
paraphrasing but yeah.....

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
I received a one-time 20k dean's scholarship to attend, but the letter said you get resubmitted again for it every year. Do any current students have any idea what the likelihood of getting that scholarship every year is?

Burning Looney Tunes GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem
Judgement day approaches. Sending good vibes to all for April 30.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my acceptance today, so hopefully there is some waitlist movement for yall soon! They also gave me a decent amount of scholarship money that will now be available to someone else. Goodluck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
I'm planning to withdraw my acceptance from here. Anyone know how to do that officially? I'm not seeing an option in lionpath. Would I be better off emailing admissions?

I'm planning to withdraw my acceptance from here. Anyone know how to do that officially? I'm not seeing an option in lionpath. Would I be better off emailing admissions?
I would email admissions a short and sweet withdrawal email. Probably the easiest way to do it.

Emailed Penn with my withdrawal. Sincerely hope it goes to one of you waiting.

Also had a pretty decent aid package:
10k Dean Scholarship a Year x4
10k Need Based Scholarship a Year x4

Hope that aid goes to one of you as well.

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Withdrew this afternoon! Good luck to those waiting and on the waitlist! It’s a wonderful school and the faculty seemed especially supportive and dedicated.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I was told in my interview back in March that we would hear back by the end of April! :)
That's gotta be April 30th, right?

Still waiting to hear from my interview on Jan 20th! :( Hopefully, we all hear back this Friday! :)
January... that's wild... how does the AAMC not have rules against situations like these. Hoping you have other options so you're not left scrambling to wait for this one school.

• Care
January... that's wild... how does the AAMC not have rules against situations like these. Hoping you have other options so you're not left scrambling to wait for this one school.
Yeah...they have had me on edge for a while now lol. Unfortunately not, only waitlists elsewhere...so the wait continues!

• Care
Have any other accepted students gotten 0 grants or scholarships? I am from a middle class family so I was expecting more aid. Anyone know how to ask for scholarships?

There was a decision release on Thursday, April 30th last year. I was kind of hoping for it to be today (Thursday) instead of April 30th but no news yet🙃 Is there a certain time of day that decisions are normally released?

Emailed Penn with my withdrawal. Sincerely hope it goes to one of you waiting.

Also had a pretty decent aid package:
10k Dean Scholarship a Year x4
10k Need Based Scholarship a Year x4

Hope that aid goes to one of you as well.
If you don't mind me asking, were you an AAMC FAP recipient? Unfortunately, I didn't get any scholarships and was curious if FAP recipients were prioritized for scholarships

There was a decision release on Thursday, April 30th last year. I was kind of hoping for it to be today (Thursday) instead of April 30th but no news yet🙃 Is there a certain time of day that decisions are normally released?
OMG that would be insane... I sincerely hope it's tomorrow and not today haha.

Also does anyone have the guts to call the mean admissions office and ask about decisions being released tomorrow? I've had a bad experience every time I've called otherwise I would.

• Haha
If you don't mind me asking, were you an AAMC FAP recipient? Unfortunately, I didn't get any scholarships and was curious if FAP recipients were prioritized for scholarships
Yes, I was a FAP recipient. Came from a fairly low income household, first gen, non-trad.

Likely need based scholarships go to those at the lowest reported family incomes first then trickle upward as funds are available. Makes sense that there would be overlap with FAP applicants, as by definition they are low income.

Was a bit suprised by the merit scholarship though. Only a 3.69 in undergrad and 3.8 masters.

Hello! Not to be neurotic, but is there a time of day that penn typically sends out decisions? I don't want to be checking my email all day if I don't have to

Hello! Not to be neurotic, but is there a time of day that penn typically sends out decisions? I don't want to be checking my email all day if I don't have to
Did some digging using "Inspect" tool on 2019-2020 thread, seems like first person to post about their decision on April 30th was at 11:05am, so maybe 11am EST? Best of luck to everyone!

• Care
Did some digging using "Inspect" tool on 2019-2020 thread, seems like first person to post about their decision on April 30th was at 11:05am, so maybe 11am EST? Best of luck to everyone!
Thank you! :)

Withdrew today. Hope it goes to one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

today's the day! <3
good luck everyone

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Anyone else can’t focus because of a sense of impending doom lol? Trying to get work done and it’s not happening. Hopefully the decisions come out soon.

Anyone else can’t focus because of a sense of impending doom lol? Trying to get work done and it’s not happening. Hopefully the decisions come out soon.
Oh 100% right there with you. Fingers crossed for both of us! :)

I hate to be neurotic but do y'all mind posting your interview date when decisions are out too... hoping we get mass emailed in the next two hours!!!

Might be an impossible question to answer but does anyone know if an earlier hold decision matters in terms of waitlists? Like I’ve been on committee hold since December lol and I’m tryna speculate if it’s a bad omen that they didn’t want me early.

Wow I really had my hopes up for 11am EST! The anticipation builds....
It looks like the decisions on March 2nd and April 2nd were released just before 12 pm and 2 pm, respectively. I imagine it will be between that time window!

Does anyone know if the spots for the 3 year programs are filled yet?

On committee hold just now :/
Interviewed 1/22

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Might be an impossible question to answer but does anyone know if an earlier hold decision matters in terms of waitlists? Like I’ve been on committee hold since December lol and I’m tryna speculate if it’s a bad omen that they didn’t want me early.
+1

Hold, interviewed 3/1 I think. What does that even mean? So not even a waitlist? I might as well have considered myself on hold already

• Care