2023-2024 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I withdrew from here and it still hasn’t processed on AMCAS. What if tomorrow comes and it still hasn’t processed? Am i technically violating traffic rules?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just left the info session and they said they’re expecting waitlist movement to start by 5/6!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any current students who could answer a few questions about the school, please DM me!

Withdrawing my A. This was a very difficult decision for me as I’ve lived around the area for the past few years. Penn State is a great school with an awesome community and I’m excited for this opportunity to go to another deserving applicant. Goodbye PSCOM, maybe we’ll cross paths again on the future 🤍

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Withdrawing my A. This was a very difficult decision for me as I’ve lived around the area for the past few years. Penn State is a great school with an awesome community and I’m excited for this opportunity to go to another deserving applicant. Goodbye PSCOM, maybe we’ll cross paths again on the future 🤍
I've seen you here since the beginning! Best of luck to you!!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if letters of intent and interest still can’t include updates? After reading last year’s thread it seemed like that was the case, but curious if anyone knows

Does anyone know if letters of intent and interest still can’t include updates? After reading last year’s thread it seemed like that was the case, but curious if anyone knows
I consulted my pre-health advisor on this issue and included some updates on my recent activities. The StudentAdmission office replied quickly to confirm they received my letter of intent and the letter would be shared with the admissions committee.

Last edited:
  • Love
I did not include any updates under the same impressions but also received quick confirmation they received my letter

I consulted my pre-health advisor on this issue and included some updates on my recent activities. The StudentAdmission office replied quickly to confirm they received my letter of intent.
I did not include any updates under the same impressions but also received quick confirmation they received my letter
I emailed and they said don't include updates. If people have already sent it, my guess is they would just ignore the updates and focus on your interest?

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my A for a school closer to home. Seriously loved the school though and I’m honestly so excited for whoever gets my spot

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I know I can’t be the only one checking this thread 10-12x/day for WL movement updates

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I feel like we won't see any WL -> A movements until PTE deadline finishes :// I hope we find out this week so I can have closure and focus on reapplying.
I was curious about this. Just based on what I’m seeing here on SDN I assumed they would be starting soon because many people have withdrew. But if anyone finds the actual answer on if they’re waiting until the deadline let us know lol

I did some reading from last year's SDN, it looks like WL movement is likely late-May/early-June. Everyone reported a phone call first in the afternoon. Hope this helps settle some of our anxiety and best of luck to everyone!

First WL -> A, May 12th, 2023
Second WL -> A, May 17th, 2023
Third WL -> A, June 6th, 2023
Fourth WL -> A, June 8th, 2023
Fifth WL -> A, June 8th, 2023

Reactions: 2 users
I did some reading from last year's SDN, it looks like WL movement is likely late-May/early-June. Everyone reported a phone call first in the afternoon. Hope this helps settle some of our anxiety and best of luck to everyone!

Thank you for this investigative work

I was able to get admissions on the phone earlier and the woman I spoke with says she anticipates waitlist movement next week 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

I was able to get admissions on the phone earlier and the woman I spoke with says she anticipates waitlist movement next week 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Thank you very much for reducing my neurotic email checking this week!

This is just what is posted online. I know two girls who were accepted in late June and one girl was accepted literally the Thursday before the Monday orientation!

Don't continuously check as it's terrible for your mental health, but also know there might be movement even if no one reports it.

Do we just email the adcom if we want to withdraw? Can't find anywhere on the portal to do it. I'm going to a DO school and this is my only "hold list" for MD (no acceptances), so I guess it doesn't matter that much

Do we just email the adcom if we want to withdraw? Can't find anywhere on the portal to do it. I'm going to a DO school and this is my only "hold list" for MD (no acceptances), so I guess it doesn't matter that much
I just sent the adcom an email. Figure it'd only really matter if I got an A anyways. Could find a way to do it on AMCAS either