2020-2021 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
complete date is different ??? do they notify if you are put on hold ??? how to check the hold date.
Yep, they'll send you an email if you've been put on hold

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Condolences to everyone who got hit with the Pre-II R right before the weekend. Absolutely cruel after you think you have made it through the week. I am getting nervous, I was put on old 11/4.

Reactions: 2 users
Condolences to everyone who got hit with the Pre-II R right before the weekend. Absolutely cruel after you think you have made it through the week. I am getting nervous, I was put on old 11/4.
+1. Put on hold 1/11 and no email yet. Probably doesn't look too good for us either

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else out there sitting in silence? Submitted an update in December and received confirmation that it was added to my app, but other than that nothing...

Reactions: 6 users
Having not been held so far is probably a good sign, as they interview throughout March. I know WL movement takes place starting April, but do they also look through their hold list alongside WLs then too?

Received the R after a long hold as well. It was expected, but Valhalla seemed like a really nice area nevertheless.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Received the R after a long hold as well. It was expected, but Valhalla seemed like a really nice area nevertheless.
Am I seeing it correct, 21 IIs? holy fck dude/girl, congrats!

• Wow
Do most holds turn into rejections? Or do some people get interviews after
I think you are more likely to get an II off hold than other schools. I am sure many turn into Rs but I have multiple friends who have gotten IIs off hold and ended up getting into NYMC!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there’s going to be a second look weekend this year?

do interviewers ask follow up questions during the mmi? or is it just you talking

Have they sent out any II's recently?
it seems like NYMC's schedule this year is prettttty similar to last year's in terms of when they send Holds/Rs/IIs. if my theory is true, then we may have IIs this week/next week ish (11th~19th around there)

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone put on pre-II hold in January hear anything back?

Has anyone else who interviewed in January hear back?

For those who have already interviewed, when you got the link for your "circuit", did you actually start at the time indicated in the emal? I'm in circuit A with a start time of 12:50 PM, but on the schedule it says MMI's go from 12:50 PM-4:10 PM. I wasn't sure if everyone's start time said 12:50 PM no matter what.

I dont understand this is my 4th waitlist from a Ny school being in the state. All my interviewers have given me positive reactions and so have those I have practiced with. Am I missing something? I just wish schools were more transparent and would let me know why so I can work on those weaknesses.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
I dont understand this is my 4th waitlist from a Ny school being in the state. All my interviewers have given me positive reactions and so have those I have practiced with. Am I missing something? I just wish schools were more transparent and would let me know why so I can work on those weaknesses.
I'm in the SAME boat. Sitting on 3 WLs from NY schools (also in state applicant).

EDIT: 2/16/21 it became 3 WL and 1 A :)

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
For those who have already interviewed, when you got the link for your "circuit", did you actually start at the time indicated in the emal? I'm in circuit A with a start time of 12:50 PM, but on the schedule it says MMI's go from 12:50 PM-4:10 PM. I wasn't sure if everyone's start time said 12:50 PM no matter what.
Everyone in circuit A group will start with you at 12:50 and they tell the Circuit B group to log in later to start theirs when you guys are done. Probably takes a little more than an hour depending on delays. They will explain it to you during your interview so nothing to worry about.

Accepted 😭
Interviewed 1/14!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
So does anyone have any insight on what it means to not receive a hold at this point in the cycle. Very confused on if I’m already rejected and they are just waiting until the very end to let me know

So does anyone have any insight on what it means to not receive a hold at this point in the cycle. Very confused on if I’m already rejected and they are just waiting until the very end to let me know
I'd like to think that NYMC is still actively considering us :) NYMC sends out IIs til end of Feb

Reactions: 3 users
ACCEPTED!!!! First A and I absolutely love this school! So excited, interviewed late jan as well. I am on cloud 9 and it almost doesn't feel real. Congrats to the other acceptances today to my future colleagues!

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Everyone in circuit A group will start with you at 12:50 and they tell the Circuit B group to log in later to start theirs when you guys are done. Probably takes a little more than an hour depending on delays. They will explain it to you during your interview so nothing to worry about.
Thank you!!!

I'm in the SAME boat. Sitting on 3 WLs from NY schools (also in state applicant).
Tri-state applicant here with 2 WL from NY schools. I feel like schools have been giving so many WLs this year. Hopefull that means more WL movement in the end? :/

After being put on hold on 1/10, I got the II! I hope the rest of my fellow folk on hold hear back some good news soon as well!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Any current students here know anything about the Bioinc Biotechnology Incubator? Are students able to actually participate in research projects being done by some of the biotech companies at Bioinc?

Haven't heard anything since my app was complete. no hold here.

Reactions: 4 users
After being put on hold on 1/10, I got the II! I hope the rest of my fellow folk on hold hear back some good news soon as well!
omg congrats! did you send an update letter or letter of interest?

interview invite today! was put on hold on 1/11 so theres hope for those still on hold :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users