2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was accepted to LECOM Elmira and we recently received an email that had 125 students in the email thread. I think that Elmira has 129 seats, but I am not sure. So, don't lose hope yet!
Congratulations!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m gonna be bold and call later to see what to expect at this point for us alternates. If i get any information i’ll let y’all know.

• Love
Reactions: 22 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m gonna be bold and call later to see what to expect at this point for us alternates. If i get any information i’ll let y’all know.
Good luck buddy. I would have done it myself, but at this point my pride won't be able to take any more verbal neglect lol

Reactions: 2 users
Parks And Recreation Godspeed GIF

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Thank you for taking one for the team :D

Left a message for all who are wondering. If i hear anything back next week, i’ll be sure to update.

Reactions: 10 users
I was accepted to LECOM Elmira and we recently received an email that had 125 students in the email thread. I think that Elmira has 129 seats, but I am not sure. So, don't lose hope yet!
Whos ready to reapply! I am (kinda). Never give up y’all, it’s okay if it didn’t work out this year. For me, I got to help with the pandemic and get to continue doing so in a public health setting using my masters. It’s great to be honest. I’ll be throwing together another app, but don’t forget some of the great opportunities you may currently have and count those blessings. Once you’re on the road to be a doctor, that’s your life forever haha, so cherish the now. Good luck to all, until next year 😇

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Can they send out the “cycle is closed” emails already? I need closure 🤣

Reactions: 5 users
Per admissions, they expect a bit more WL movement up through the first week of class. It varies per campus. As usual, they were very generous and kind in their response.

• Dislike
Reactions: 9 users
Per admissions, they expect a bit more WL movement up through the first week of class. It varies per campus. As usual, they were very generous and kind in their response.
Thank you for being so proactive!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for being so proactive!
Eh, it’s self-preservation haha

Seriously though, this is a rough process and it’s my (likely) one and done. LECOM is it for me. They just “work” for my family and I. I know the program and their results. And if I don’t get in, well that’s on my shoulders. I have made enough missteps to sink my ship but somehow I’m still afloat. Grateful to have made it this far.

Reactions: 7 users
Someone from admissions returned my call Monday. WL and alternate list are in fact different lists. However, they pull students from both. It seemed as if seats were still open in the class. Keep waiting, as they are still selecting students from both lists. Thats basically all I got...

I was pulled off the Alternate list a few weeks ago

i can’t remember if my letter said Alt or WL but the email said if i didn’t accept then they’d move on to the next person of the alt list

Reactions: 5 users
I was pulled off the Alternate list a few weeks ago

i can’t remember if my letter said Alt or WL but the email said if i didn’t accept then they’d move on to the next person of the alt list
Can you share your stats

Someone from admissions returned my call Monday. WL and alternate list are in fact different lists. However, they pull students from both. It seemed as if seats were still open in the class. Keep waiting, as they are still selecting students from both lists. Thats basically all I got...
I'm curious what the difference is. Also I'm curious to see if people will actually get accepted 🙈

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for checking for us! Kinda hate that this restored a shred of hope for me again :rofl:

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my A from Erie. Hopefully it goes to one of you!!

Reactions: 14 users
is there an accepted students group me or discord someone can link me

i don’t use fb

Last edited:
Just got an interview invite for SH for next year 😭☺️ WHAT A WHIRLWIND

• Care
  • Hmm
Reactions: 6 users
I just called Elmira and was told that the class is full. But she said that they are expecting some movement and they are reviewing the alternate and wait lists to look at who they want to offer a seat to if one is available. She also said to start reapplying right away incase you don't get accepted this time. Still would not say how many are on these lists or how many they will pull from them. :shrug:

I just called Elmira and was told that the class is full. But she said that they are expecting some movement and they are reviewing the alternate and wait lists to look at who they want to offer a seat to if one is available. She also said to start reapplying right away incase you don't get accepted this time. Still would not say how many are on these lists or how many they will pull from them. :shrug:
:( I wish they'd send that end of cycle email! thank you for the info!!

There will be movement. Not enough to accept all of us so keep your hopes tempered while still planning for next cycle. But don’t say “die” yet.

There will be movement. Not enough to accept all of us so keep your hopes tempered while still planning for next cycle. But don’t say “die” yet.
I honestly needed to read this! Thx

I honestly needed to read this! Thx
Seriously get your app in for next year!! I have an info session in less than 2 weeks for next year vs mid December last year. I think that will give me a much better chance? Hopefully? 😂😭

• Love
Since I’m not reapplying and there’s a good chance I’m not selected from the WL, I wanted to say I think everyone of you will make fantastic physicians and I would have been honored to trudge through the experience that is medical school and beyond with you. Just remember, you are more than your profession or title. Don’t replace who you are with what you do.

I’m glad to have had this opportunity to commiserate and celebrate with such an awe-inspiring group of individuals. Thank you for that.

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users
Since I’m not reapplying and there’s a good chance I’m not selected from the WL, I wanted to say I think everyone of you will make fantastic physicians and I would have been honored to trudge through the experience that is medical school and beyond with you. Just remember, you are more than your profession or title. Don’t replace who you are with what you do.

I’m glad to have had this opportunity to commiserate and celebrate with such an awe-inspiring group of individuals. Thank you for that.
Why aren't you going to try for next cycle?

Why aren't you going to try for next cycle?

Older-ish applicant with a family. Wife and I agreed to one good attempt. LECOM is def the top choice, no question. Would go if offered a seat. But if not, that’s it. I will lick my wounds and journey forth.

Do we still think there is going to be any types of movement on the waitlist/alternate list?

Do we still think there is going to be any types of movement on the waitlist/alternate list?
I think at this point there will only be movement during the first week of class if a student who was accepted withdraws their seat because they got into a school of their first choice. There is still a chance for movement but I would imagine not many students would withdraw at this point. Still trying to remain positive and wishing the best for us all.

Reactions: 4 users
Per admissions, they will take people off the WL through the first week of class. That is next week. So our time here is dwindling but if you don’t have hope, you don’t have much. Keep above water my friends and hope for the best.

Did anyone else receive an email to confirm their interest in accepting a seat on short notice?

Reactions: 1 users