2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just doing a mental health check, how's everyone doing??
A strange mix of desperate hopefulness and pretending I didn’t even apply last year. Just submitted the primaries for next year 😭🙃

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
A strange mix of desperate hopefulness and pretending I didn’t even apply last year. Just submitted the primaries for next year 😭🙃
Submitting is really productive! Way to keep your eyes towards your goal :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got Accepted to WVSOM but still hoping to get into LECOM due to tuition costs and location from family

Reactions: 8 users
So, are there still people out there on this thread awaiting an admission decision still (i.e. no WL/A/R)?

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist today for Erie! I received an email and was told the official letter will come in the mail soon - my portal is now changed back to a decision has been made, and a letter should be coming within 14 days.

Best of luck, guys! The list is moving!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 21 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist today for Erie! I received an email and was told the official letter will come in the mail soon - my portal is now changed back to a decision has been made, and a letter should be coming within 14 days.

stats?

this is what we wanna hear! Congrats!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Congratulations!!!!

Reactions: 1 user

CONGRATS!! Let this be the start of good news for us!!

Reactions: 4 users

Congrats!! Did you ever get an MMS email?

Congratulations!!!! When was your info session/decision? Have you made any updates since WL?

Did anyone else get another interest email from elmira? Is this a good sign? Bad sign? No meaning?

Did anyone else get another interest email from elmira? Is this a good sign? Bad sign? No meaning?
I just filled it out again and it sounds like they're really trying to see who they should take off vs calling other candidates

Just got it .... It just seems like the same as the last 2 interest ones... they're probably just trying to thin the WL more so it seems like a good thing!

Congratulations!!!! When was your info session/decision? Have you made any updates since WL?
My session was March 26, and I got a put on the WL after about a week. Other than the interest survey, I did not send in any updates

Nervous I haven’t seen any SH movement or received anything about continuing interest since April 1.

Reactions: 6 users
It seems like they sent the email as a polite way of telling people not to email them or ask questions.

Reactions: 8 users
Just got it .... It just seems like the same as the last 2 interest ones... they're probably just trying to thin the WL more so it seems like a good thing!
+1 for elmira survey too.

+2.... I had submitted an update letter/letter of intent on the most recent one, do I submit it again or write a new one?
It says in the paragraph not to resubmit documents that have been previously submitted, so I wouldn’t. I’ve never heard of writing a new LOI in the same cycle, but maybe it’s a good idea?

It says in the paragraph not to resubmit documents that have been previously submitted, so I wouldn’t. I’ve never heard of writing a new LOI in the same cycle, but maybe it’s a good idea?
I hadn't clicked the survey link yet, I just read the email. Thank you!

I move my entire life across country next week to begin preparing for a MMS program but I’m still waiting for my R from Elmira 🥲 (or maybe an A?) rip

• Care
I move my entire life across country next week to begin preparing for a MMS program but I’m still waiting for my R from Elmira 🥲 (or maybe an A?) rip
oh boy... good luck! which program?

I'm in a similar boat, slightly different timeline. Here's to hoping wherever we end up at is the best place for us!

• Care
has anyone tried contacting SH for updates? 😭

just withdrew from the waitlist. goodluck to all!

Reactions: 12 users
Hey guys, like ma you I am on the wait list for Erie. I was wonder if sending a LOI is worthwhile and allowed? Also how would I go about sending it ? Thanks !

Hey guys, like ma you I am on the wait list for Erie. I was wonder if sending a LOI is worthwhile and allowed? Also how would I go about sending it ? Thanks !
Guessing you meant, "like many of you, I am on the WL".. Yes, you can send a LOI, its not a guarantee at this point, nothing is, but it is worth a shot if it is your only hope. They sent us a link in an email that is linked to a google form that you can send it in, that is the only way I suggest sending it in, as any other way will prove that you weren't paying attention to what they sent. I would send it in within this week though... Good luck!

After sending in your waitlist form through mail, did you guys ge a confirmation or something that you are on the waitlist?