2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any one received physical mail after changing the portal status to "decision has been made and I’ll receive a letter in 14 days" on or after 05/24
I should be getting one today, Info session in December...I don’t know what to think.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I should be getting one today, Info session in December...I don’t know what to think.
Same it says I should be getting mine today too. I had my info session in February and never got a decision

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate Listed to Elmira, informational session was on 12/11/2020.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
At this point do they just not want to give Rs because the alternate list is already so long how are they still placing new people on alternate list

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
At this point do they just not want to give Rs because the alternate list is already so long how are they still placing new people on alternate list
Yeah I was just thinking the same thing - it is weird to me that they are still putting ppl on the WL when its already (presumably) so long with little movement.

Put on alternate at elmira. I don't understand what the point of this is at all

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Put on alternate at elmira. I don't understand what the point of this is at all
EXACTLY im taking this position on the alternate as an R it just doesnt make any sense its almost June and the list is already so long

I don’t think they rejected anyone after an interview

Has anyone spoken up about being rejected at this point? Otherwise I’m also starting to think WL=R

Thank you :lol: I guess I am joining the party a bit late. Let's hope the list sees some movement soon!
Never too late to join! Hang in there! I do find it strange though the shear volume of waitlists they hand out and the timing that they send them out. Like some people interviewed super late and are being added to waitlist? I’m not sure what their end game is here 😂 I do think it has part to do with the school wanting to have a large number of applicants for their MMS program.

Reactions: 2 users
Never too late to join! Hang in there! I do find it strange though the shear volume of waitlists they hand out and the timing that they send them out. Like some people interviewed super late and are being added to waitlist? I’m not sure what their end game is here 😂 I do think it has part to do with the school wanting to have a large number of applicants for their MMS program.
Well two can play at that game lol if they’re going to treat us like this, I say no one join the MMS program. Instead use the year to volunteer and give back. Make it a more meaningful year instead of spending loads on a masters. Had to put that out there 😆

• Haha
Well two can play at that game lol if they’re going to treat us like this, I say no one join the MMS program. Instead use the year to volunteer and give back. Make it a more meaningful year instead of spending loads on a masters. Had to put that out there 😆
HAHA I just finished a special masters this year so good luck on trying to get another one out of me LECOM

this is how every single school works tho!! every school is required to send out more acceptances than available seats so in anticipation of the obvious rejection they will get by people who used this school as their safety (and especially this year, as people applied to schools they usually wouldn’t apply to and are getting in, yay!) so this isn’t something to be worried about. In my opinion, by the way they are handling this year, a lot of people are most likely gonna go to any other school if they have the choice, meaning it may be good for us. On the other hand, I just wish I had the option to be that picky :/
very well put. It is a good sign for people (like me lol) waiting in this one acceptance. The others who have options to be picky will not likely choose LECOM unless for some reason it's their top choice or super cheap for them.

Has anyone who received a letter this week receive a rejection? I understand if you do not want to share.

I see a lot of anxious people in this thread so I thought I should say this: I was accepted into LECOM-Erie and another DO school, as well as being placed on the waitlist for my top choice that I will almost certainly attend if I’m accepted. I’m sure I’m not the only one in this type of situation so seats will continue to pop up at schools all across the country over the next several weeks and beyond as people like me figure out which program we will attend.
I know almost all of you will continue to be anxious about the process because how could you not be, but I truly believe many of those who have lost all hope will get the call of your dreams from a med school soon. Take care of yourselves, don’t stress, don’t obsess, and good luck.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
I see a lot of anxious people in this thread so I thought I should say this: I was accepted into LECOM-Erie and another DO school, as well as being placed on the waitlist for my top choice that I will almost certainly attend if I’m accepted. I’m sure I’m not the only one in this type of situation so seats will continue to pop up at schools all across the country over the next several weeks and beyond as people like me figure out which program we will attend.
I know almost all of you will continue to be anxious about the process because how could you not be, but I truly believe many of those who have lost all hope will get the call of your dreams from a med school soon. Take care of yourselves, don’t stress, don’t obsess, and good luck.
bless ! Good luck!

So browsing through my physical mail this morning, found out I got placed on WL. info session on 4/2 at Erie, NO email notification or portal change.
Same here, info 4/9, the portal change is 05/24. In my letter, the list is called alternate + a paper to fill out that I am interested in being the alternate. Have you got these too?

Same here, info 4/9, the portal change is 05/24. In my letter, the list is called alternate + a paper to fill out that I am interested in being the alternate. Have you got these too?
Mine was the same. Alternate for Elmira, plus paper to mail in. Ugh.

Yeah I got the paper things. I never got a notification saying my portal changed, and I checked the portal itself like maybe 3 days before the paper letter came in. It's updated now of course.

Do you guys think there is any point of accepting the waitlist spot at this point?

honestly at this point, I don't think LECOM rejects anyone its either an A or WL

honestly at this point, I don't think LECOM rejects anyone its either an A or WL
There were some rejections earlier in the cycle, but not enough compared to the waitlists.

There better be a bunch of movement on Waiting list next week. Otherwise I don't know the purpose of having a huge pool of candidates just sitting there.

Reactions: 8 users
There better be a bunch of movement on Waiting list next week. Otherwise I don't know the purpose of having a huge pool of candidates just sitting there.
I might bite the bullet and call next week... Terrible idea?

I’ll preface this with saying everyone in the admissions office has been stellar.

But don’t call. There is enough going on they don’t need bombarded. Plus what are they going to tell you? You’re still on the WL? Well yeah we know that.

Focus on what you can control. Send a letter if you want. Prepare for next cycle. Take care of “you” and let the chips fall where they may. It’s out of our hands.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I’ll preface this with saying everyone in the admissions office has been stellar.

But don’t call. There is enough going on they don’t need bombarded. Plus what are they going to tell you? You’re still on the WL? Well yeah we know that.

Focus on what you can control. Send a letter if you want. Prepare for next cycle. Take care of “you” and let the chips fall where they may. It’s out of our hands.
I think calling to get a general idea what they’re planning to do with the waitlist is fine. Calling specifically on your app status? Then probably not much info. However, I think it’s good to see where you stand and if they have any updates on how the waitlist will be. In Jan, they predicted high waitlist movement. Obviously, this has not been true at all. So, at this point, LECOM needs to straight up tell us that the class is full and waitlist is gonna be minimal. This isn’t bombarding them as many of us will need to know whether to reapply or not.

Reactions: 9 users

I think calling to get a general idea what they’re planning to do with the waitlist is fine. Calling specifically on your app status? Then probably not much info. However, I think it’s good to see where you stand and if they have any updates on how the waitlist will be. In Jan, they predicted high waitlist movement. Obviously, this has not been true at all. So, at this point, LECOM needs to straight up tell us that the class is full and waitlist is gonna be minimal. This isn’t bombarding them as many of us will need to know whether to reapply or not.
Honestly, I was mainly planning on calling to ask if they received a LOR that a physician I work with just wrote me and sent to my advisor, but my advisor isn't answering me. So I wanted to call and confirm that they received it, and if not then I have to ask the physician to send it to them directly. Then I figured some small talk could lead me to ask if there is any movement yet/ what their plans are. I haven't called at all yet, so it may be beneficial for them to know that I meant what I said in my LOI...

Honestly, I was mainly planning on calling to ask if they received a LOR that a physician I work with just wrote me and sent to my advisor, but my advisor isn't answering me. So I wanted to call and confirm that they received it, and if not then I have to ask the physician to send it to them directly. Then I figured some small talk could lead me to ask if there is any movement yet/ what their plans are. I haven't called at all yet, so it may be beneficial for them to know that I meant what I said in my LOI...
Yeah why not, wouldn’t hurt to call for sure especially if it’s regarding an application piece. Then you can sneak in a little somethin somethin to get us some info LOL 😆

• Haha
Oh yeah they did say that huh? I feel like a lot of things were said that didn’t quite happen as planned 😅😭

S
Sounds like you have a legit reason to call, and like DXEU said admissions has been really nice. I know many of us would appreciate any info we could get!

If you have a legit question about a LOI or something, sure go for it. But just to call and ask about the waitlist may not be helpful. It’s a strange year. That’s all I know and I can’t imagine there is NO waitlist movement but it’s totally unpredictable. I would love to get off the WL, and would drive to Erie to give them my deposit, but who knows where this is all going? Hang in there, friends.

Reactions: 3 users
honestly the best thing thats come out of this is knowing that such amazing ppl have applied to this school. usually you hear terrible things about SDN but this thread has been full of compassion, kindness, and collaboration. if we get in, it would be such an honor to have yall as classmates 💕

Reactions: 19 users
honestly the best thing thats come out of this is knowing that such amazing ppl have applied to this school. usually you hear terrible things about SDN but this thread has been full of compassion, kindness, and collaboration. if we get in, it would be such an honor to have yall as classmates 💕
So well said!

manifesting a pull off the WL this week to avoid my Friday MCAT retake 🤣

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Just doing a mental health check, how's everyone doing??