2020-2021 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty sure everyone is just on hold. I think they just started reviewing apps but havn't made any decisions yet because they want to start sending II's later. I'm thinking probably due to COVID delays on everything (MCAT, transcripts, verification, etc)

yup i think this is the case - but then i wonder why they would start reviewing at all if they want to wait for more applicants? unless they're sending Rs as well and no one's posted about it yet

Reactions: 1 user
yup i think this is the case - but then i wonder why they would start reviewing at all if they want to wait for more applicants? unless they're sending Rs as well and no one's posted about it yet
Who knows how many people screen each app, too. For example, maybe a screener can essentially automatically give some II's for exceptional applicants or people with relationships to GWU, and the rest -- even great applicants -- get sent to additional screeners to make sure they want to interview them.

So, for the most meaningful clinical experience to date...did you all summarize a clinical experience or use an anecdote about a patient?

Complete 7/18, still listed as complete. I've been checking every day and don't think i've seen a status change to under review yet

So, for the most meaningful clinical experience to date...did you all summarize a clinical experience or use an anecdote about a patient?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anecdote, but made reference to it being commonplace in that clinical experience.

Has anyone had issues with submitting a GW secondary, my e-signature won't be accepted. I've tried incognito mode, clearing cookies, a new browser and all that jazz.

Silly question, but for the secondary prompt of "Have you ever been convicted of, plead guilty, or plead no lo contendere (i.e., no contest, I do not wish to contend) to a criminal offense? Have you ever been arrested for a felony or misdemeanor?", is it necessary to include information about a misdemeanor in which you were just issued a citation? I paid a fine for a misdemeanor so I guess that is technically 'pleading guilty', but I already included this on my AAMC app and I'm not totally sure why they would be asking again. If I should include this, can I just copy and paste what is already in my AAMC application?

Silly question, but for the secondary prompt of "Have you ever been convicted of, plead guilty, or plead no lo contendere (i.e., no contest, I do not wish to contend) to a criminal offense? Have you ever been arrested for a felony or misdemeanor?", is it necessary to include information about a misdemeanor in which you were just issued a citation? I paid a fine for a misdemeanor so I guess that is technically 'pleading guilty', but I already included this on my AAMC app and I'm not totally sure why they would be asking again. If I should include this, can I just copy and paste what is already in my AAMC application?

Not a silly question. I'd be asking myself the same thing. However, I would probably include it just to be safe. A lot of secondaries ask repetitive questions that could easily be answered by looking at the AMCAS application.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m getting your application is now complete. Did all of you get that before review? It’s been over a week
Yes, I was complete for a while before being under review. I think I was complete for around a week at the time before going under review. I also think I was one of the earliest submitters, since I received the secondary around when it was first reported on SDN and turned it in within an hour. Just because of how quickly the apps pile up, I'd assume later submitters would wait 1 week+ in order to be looked at.

Not a silly question. I'd be asking myself the same thing. However, I would probably include it just to be safe. A lot of secondaries ask repetitive questions that could easily be answered by looking at the AMCAS application.

Thank you, I appreciate it! I realized that this was a somewhat common question as I started looking at more of the secondaries. I appreciate the feedback!

II today!!! Complete 7/15. Never put on hold. First one ever!!! I'm sooooo excited.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 27 users
II! LM 70. Complete 7/13, been Under Review (no hold) for over a week.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Did anyone receive the status of "on-hold for re-review?" Also, probably more important, does anyone know what that means?

II today!!! Complete 7/15. Never put on hold. First one ever!!! I'm sooooo excited.
Congrats!! And good luck on your interview!!

you said you weren't put on hold, so was your status stuck on under review during these days?

Did anyone receive the status of "on-hold for re-review?" Also, probably more important, does anyone know what that means?
I went to the virtual info session this morning, and they said multiple humans review each file so being put on hold just means one person has read it and another person has yet to.

Reactions: 12 users
II! Complete 7/13, under review since the middle of last week

Reactions: 8 users
is anyone’s status just “your MD file is complete.” not “on hold” or “under review”

II received! Pretty cool to have GW be my first as I went there for undergrad haha.

Edit: complete 7/13 btw.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone willing to share if they have gotten a rejection yet rather than just on hold? I’m just wondering if being on hold is in any way positive?

Anyone willing to share if they have gotten a rejection yet rather than just on hold? I’m just wondering if being on hold is in any way positive?

Review is definitely not a bad thing. Obviously not as good as an II but I interviewed last year and then got an II a couple months later