2020-2021 Washington State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what I understood from the email is we are most likely to get a call on 3/4, 3/5 or 3/11, 3/12 if we made it or not ("two rounds of small acceptances will be sent out early march")
and then the waitlist will be made.
I guess I can stop staring at the phone I bought just to maybe get this call for a few weeks lol
It seems that because they said "small acceptances" that there are only a few seats left (like 10) and that most of us will get wait listed March 16th or 17th. :(

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
It seems that because they said "small acceptances" that there are only a few seats left (like 10) and that most of us will get wait listed March 16th or 17th. :(
yeah but remember they have a 1:2 invite to matriculation ratio so at any given time they can only give out a max of about 80 or less offers.
so say u give out 70/80 offers and get 50 conformations, 10 people sayin maybe and 10 people not sayin yes or no, u only have 10 spots left to work with coz what if everyone ends up confirming u cant over invite lol...
but in reality there might be 20-30 people on the wait list or SUC that could still end up getting a spot. so even with a significant number of "seats left to confirm" the admin committee might be working with really small numbers until AMCAS makes u lock in a school for real.

(1.9:1) means ~152 acceptance offers during the cycle to fill 80 seats.
"(Offer:Seats)"

Also just speculating based on my experience, but they probably made 50-60 offers so far; they need to make at least 80 by mid March, and then they'll be even more movement in April/May when AAMC deadlines hit.

Just guesses: probably phone calls on 2/26 and 3/5; maybe Dean meetings on 3/4 & 3/11

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WSU doesn't give you your ranking either if you're waitlisted which is unfortunate. Looks like it's a waiting game now. Good luck everyone 🤞
Based on last year's thread lots of waitlist movement happens the first week of may because applicants have to narrow down their acceptances to 1 on April 30th.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if there are any more interviews happening? Just curious

Yeah I feel really bad for saying anything now, I didn't realize that they hadn't shared the approximate number of offers made since I thought it sounded like they had in their previous emails. Would you mind deleting your post that quoted mine so that it's not still up on the thread?
It will be all good. I found the "lets hope your keep your seat" very unnecessary. There is no need to give anyone anxiety, especially during these times. See you this August !!!:cool:

• Care
Yeah I feel really bad for saying anything now, I didn't realize that they hadn't shared the approximate number of offers made since I thought it sounded like they had in their previous emails. Would you mind deleting your post that quoted mine so that it's not still up on th
Yeah I feel really bad for saying anything now, I didn't realize that they hadn't shared the approximate number of offers made since I thought it sounded like they had in their previous emails. Would you mind deleting your post that quoted mine so that it's not still up on the thread?
I appreciate that update!! Thanks for posting!

Last edited:
I deleted it, now subscribe to my OnlyFans.

Also, "lets hope your keep your seat" was meant as a joke, as in it would never happen. Sorry if it came across as harsh, just a silly dude here 🥴

• Haha
Not sure if this is an appropriate question here (don't want to clutter the forum)... so moderator please feel free to delete if so :)

Are there any current students who can attest to their experiences with the different regional campuses? As well as any additional details on how we get placed?

Thanks so much!

I deleted it, now subscribe to my OnlyFans.

Also, "lets hope your keep your seat" was meant as a joke, as in it would never happen. Sorry if it came across as harsh, just a silly dude here 🥴
I also apologize then lol... at times typing makes it hard to see what the person really meant. And hey looks like we won't need to make an OnlyFans anymore since we got in. Or is two birds one stone better? :rofl:

Not sure if this is an appropriate question here (don't want to clutter the forum)... so moderator please feel free to delete if so :)

Are there any current students who can attest to their experiences with the different regional campuses? As well as any additional details on how we get placed?

Thanks so much!
Current MS1 here- can’t really speak to the vibe of the different campuses, as everything has been remote so far, but before school starts you’ll fill out a survey ranking your preferred sites, with a box to explain any reasoning (i. e. special circumstances, if you have a spouse or kids in a certain area, etc). The school then assigns your clinical campus based on that info, and you should find out before classes begin. Hope that helps!

I also apologize then lol... at times typing makes it hard to see what the person really meant. And hey looks like we won't need to make an OnlyFans anymore since we got in. Or is two birds one stone better? :rofl:
Lol graduate debt-free, a boy can dream. WSU is lowkey expensive compared to UWSOM and some OOS schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol graduate debt-free, a boy can dream. WSU is lowkey expensive compared to UWSOM and some OOS schools.
How did you figure WSU is more expensive than UW? I just looked at both their COA websites and UW is ~309k and WSU is ~254k (without aid)?

Reactions: 3 users
When I factor in summer costs and living expenses I come up with a number that is about 25% cheaper for wsu making it the cheapest school for a wa residents by far.
Some private schools are atleast double the cost
Ohsu is like 160% the cost and even if ur out of state currently wa is somewhat unique in that u can usually become a resident after ur first year which might make it the cheapest school in the nation

here's a little spreadsheet I just made based off of living in both places and tracking all of my costs religiously
1614021943467.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
When I factor in summer costs and living expenses I come up with a number that is about 25% cheaper for wsu making it the cheapest school for a wa residents by far.
Ohsu is like 160% the cost and even if ur out of state currently wa is somewhat unique in that u can usually become a resident after ur first year which might make it the cheapest school in the nation

here's a little spreadsheet I just made based off of living in both places and tracking all of my costs religiously
View attachment 331010
Yeah, it’s a lot cheaper. I got accepted to PNWU and am waiting on a response from WSU (interviewed beginning of feb.) and if I get into WSU I’ll go with them purely based on financials. It’s like 85k cheaper in JUST tuition, I can’t ignore that. I like the overall feel of the culture and what not at Pnwu, but not that much. Lol

Yeah, it’s a lot cheaper. I got accepted to PNWU and am waiting on a response from WSU (interviewed beginning of feb.) and if I get into WSU I’ll go with them purely based on financials. It’s like 85k cheaper in JUST tuition, I can’t ignore that. I like the overall feel of the culture and what not at Pnwu, but not that much. Lol
When you interviewed with WSU in early February, did they say when they are going to release another round of offers? I am also anxiously waiting. I think the wait is the hardest part of the entire process lol

When you interviewed with WSU in early February, did they say when they are going to release another round of offers? I am also anxiously waiting. I think the wait is the hardest part of the entire process lol
Yeah, they said they are doing another set of offers at the beginning of March and that the wait list should be formed mid March. They sent an email too saying they are doing two small rounds of acceptances next month. So we will see! Only another week or two.

Anyone else anticipating more calls going out today and tomorrow?

View attachment 331010
That is fair, I just googled it and came across an old ass article saying it was more expensive, but I think they were referencing non-resident tuition. Also, I am surprised it is only a ~50k different, yes it is alot of money, but for a brand new school with not a huge name I would have expected the state to subsidize it more. Oh well we will see, has anyone gotten any word on a financial aid package?

That is fair, I just googled it and came across an old ass article saying it was more expensive, but I think they were referencing non-resident tuition. Also, I am surprised it is only a ~50k different, yes it is alot of money, but for a brand new school with not a huge name I would have expected the state to subsidize it more. Oh well we will see, has anyone gotten any word on a financial aid package?
given that the school I think started with 60 seats and is now only at 80 seats they probably need more money per student, even with the same funding from the state. I think UW MD has like 250 students spread out and now there are two schools fighting for what is likely a similar amount of aid.

if this is any help, this is my aid stuff from my last year of pharm school at wsu pharm 2018-2019.
I was also offered some "grad plus loans" which I think were about 5-10k/semester and were a spicy 7 point something percent APR which I rejected coz I was working 50-60hrs/week but most people had to accept.
1614448245621.png

Last edited:
I was not accepted here but just withdrew my app from further consideration. Not sure if it does much but I thought it might help move the timeline along for those waiting to hear back.

Interviewed in September, ghosted since, I think that means I was WL'd? Either way...best of luck to you all!!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Man, the waiting game is real with this school! Interviewed 2/1 and they said early March is when our group will find out. They were supposed to have met for our group right after the last interview. 😫

• Care
Man, the waiting game is real with this school! Interviewed 2/1 and they said early March is when our group will find out. They were supposed to have met for our group right after the last interview. 😫
I feel ya! Been waiting since my interview in September and from what I can find in previous years that just means I will get wait listed, so the waiting game never ends! :/

I mean they said theyre ranking us
they probably have some kind of score of lets say 100 possible points
and they know they will send out acceptances for anyone above say 95 points and denials for anyone below 50 points
but you dont want to start accepting lower scores under 95 until you have interviews every group, then after that they can start moving down the rank.

Yeah if u didnt get a call at the same time as other people from your group they either 1. didnt finish the whole review of the group in the time they had or 2. you wernt ranked high enough to get an immediate acceptance. so after they have interviewed every group and decided on the top people they will start going down the list which is where you and I apparently stand. then they will make the wait list and depending on how many people im guessing will trim it down some more.
just be patient man

Reactions: 4 users
Hopefully we get some calls today!

Reactions: 12 users
Did anyone get an acceptance or rejection this week? I'm sure I'm probably on the waitlist (interviewed mid Jan) but I'm curious.

Did anyone get an acceptance or rejection this week? I'm sure I'm probably on the waitlist (interviewed mid Jan) but I'm curious.
I haven’t heard anything. The forum is pretty quiet. If someone did, they may not be on this forum? Hopefully we can hear back soon. :)

Just got the call! Interviewed 2/22

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I got a call today, but I interviewed 2/8. I am meeting with the dean. I asked the subject of the meeting and they said they just have a couple questions. Is this bad??? Am I getting waitlisted?

I got a call today, but I interviewed 2/8. I am meeting with the dean. I asked the subject of the meeting and they said they just have a couple questions. Is this bad??? Am I getting waitlisted?
No :) Congrats!!

Wow congrats
Does the dean ever take days off? Haha
Hang in there everyone :)

Edit: did you mean u got the call yesterday (Friday)? Ur account is new as of this morning at 1am

Last edited:
Wow congrats
Does the dean ever take days off? Haha
Hang in there everyone :)

Edit: did you mean u got the call yesterday (Friday)? Ur account is new as of this morning at 1am
Yea, I got a call at 8pm on Friday. Thats why I was so freaked out that it was something bad lol. They sent me an email with a zoom link labeled "Conversation with Dr. Tomkowiak"

I'm hopeful for another round of calls this week :)
Hang in there

Interviewed in Feb and got hit with that post-ii rejection this morning ://

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Based on the timing of my interview and what I've been hearing on this forum, I'm guessing I'm waitlisted at best. They do not notify us of our rank on the waitlist, correct?

More offers this week, and (guessing) emails about waitlist/rejections early next week. And correct, no info on rank :/

More offers this week, and (guessing) emails about waitlist/rejections early next week. And correct, no info on rank :/
That's a bummer about the waitlist. If I made it onto the waitlist, it would be nice to know my position so I could anticipate the likelihood of having to find a job or getting pulled off the waitlist.

Reactions: 3 users
That's a bummer about the waitlist. If I made it onto the waitlist, it would be nice to know my position so I could anticipate the likelihood of having to find a job or getting pulled off the waitlist.
I agree entirely. When did you interview?

Just got invited to the waitlist. Interviewed 1/25. Good luck everyone!

Waitlist too. :(
Interviewed in December. Would absolutely LOVE for that WL to become an A.
Here’s hoping.

Last edited:
  • Care