2020-2021 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also on hold, complete 7/18. Same status in the portal as others.

Members don't see this ad.

Complete July 14th. I included a screenshot of my status. So I think I am not on hold? But I am confused if I am "under review" or just complete and "ready for review"?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 10.55.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 10.55.55 AM.png
    347.5 KB · Views: 345
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete July 14th. I included a screenshot of my status. So I think I am not on hold? But I am confused if I am "under review" or just complete and "ready for review"?
You’re “complete” so I would assume you haven’t been reviewed yet! This is what my portal looked like until I got my hold status

You’re “complete” so I would assume you haven’t been reviewed yet! This is what my portal looked like until I got my hold status
Oh okay, thank you! It's just strange to see that my application has not been reviewed when people who submitted after me already have been reviewed and are on hold. Confusing haha

Oh okay, thank you! It's just strange to see that my application has not been reviewed when people who submitted after me already have been reviewed and are on hold. Confusing haha
Depends on who is assigned your application. They also don't necessarily review based on time of submission.

I have the exact same status as you and was complete July 16th

complete 7/15 and still not under review.. don't they know not doing things chronologically will stress us poor neurotic premeds out smh

Reactions: 1 users
I was put on hold pre interview and am now matriculating. Do not fret!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 31 users
Members don't see this ad :)
what does on hold mean? like you’re in line for an interview?

It means they reviewed your file and do not want to interview you at this time. They put the file back in the pile and re review it at a later date to decide if they want to interview you

Reactions: 4 users
did anyone notice if they went from "under review" to "on hold" in the same day? or was it a few days after?? I've been on review the entire day and I keep refreshing pls make it stop. complete 7/14 btw

Mine was placed on hold at 3PM. Just checked again and it now says under review? Confused

did anyone notice if they went from "under review" to "on hold" in the same day? or was it a few days after?? I've been on review the entire day and I keep refreshing pls make it stop. complete 7/14 btw
Mine also has stayed on under review. Submitted 7/15.

Placed on hold, though i'm not sure when it changed because I just checked today. Completed 7/17 LM 76 (more stuff in signature)

Safe to say everyone is just checking their portals and not receiving e-mails at this point haha

1. Please provide the Admissions Committee with a brief summary of your activities, academics, employment or other occupations to account for full-time activity (approx. 30-40 hours/week) from the point of application through matriculation in 2021. (750 characters)

2. The MD Program includes substantial content in Clinical Public Health (population health, health systems science, health policy, and community health) to prepare GW graduates for an expanded scope of practice required to be successful 21st century physicians. What are your specific interests and experiences related to that aspect of the MD Program? (350 characters)

3. What is your most meaningful clinical experience to date, involving direct patient contact? (350 characters)

4. What makes you a unique individual? What challenges have you faced? How will these factors help you contribute to the diversity of the student body at GW? (1000 characters)

5. What is your specific interest in the MD Program at GW? What opportunities would you take advantage of as a student here? Why? (2000 characters)

EDIT: Character lengths don't include spaces

Just double checking: these are the 2020-21 prompts and there is NO COVID-19 prompt?

Just double checking: these are the 2020-21 prompts and there is NO COVID-19 prompt?
correct, but I can assume that if you do need to address any impacts covid-19 has had on your activities you can do that in the first question (pretty sufficient character limit)

Better question is has anyone gotten an II or R? Seems like the majority are on hold

Reactions: 1 user
Better question is has anyone gotten an II or R? Seems like the majority are on hold

Pretty sure everyone is just on hold. I think they just started reviewing apps but havn't made any decisions yet because they want to start sending II's later. I'm thinking probably due to COVID delays on everything (MCAT, transcripts, verification, etc)

Reactions: 1 user
Pretty sure everyone is just on hold. I think they just started reviewing apps but havn't made any decisions yet because they want to start sending II's later. I'm thinking probably due to COVID delays on everything (MCAT, transcripts, verification, etc)
I've been under review for over a week, not on hold. Complete 7/13.

Reactions: 2 users