2020-2021 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when is the last day of waitlist movement?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the R email. Best of luck to everyone, we got this next cycle!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
I also want to add in my 2 cents re the Flats since I actually, you know, live there and have for the last 2 years. If I was doing rotations in Cruces, I would've stayed next year too, but alas, my rotations will be elsewhere.
One reason why I love living at the flats is because there are so many classmates of mine who live here as well. If I have an issue or need something, I know there are people in my complex that I can turn to for help. The Flats also offers us OMM tables in addition to our study spaces, which is great since I didn't feel like buying a table!! They've been incredibly accommodating since COVID--they even gave out handmade masks to anyone who wanted one at the beginning of lock down. They also delivered our packages to our door for the first few weeks of the lockdown, and then if anyone ended up getting COVID, they delivered it to them as well. I cannot tell you how many times management has gone out of their way to help me out if I had any issue. Last year there was a huge thunderstorm that knocked out my refrigerator--completely not their fault. They let me take everything I had in our fridge and put it in the clubhouse until the fridge was fixed so we didn't have to throw out food. When I lost my mailbox key, they helped me get a new lock for my mailbox and a new key. Our AC went out over the summer (not sure why--I think my partner was blasting it too low) and they gave us a portable one so we can remain comfortable until the AC got fixed. Is it the most perfect apartment complex? No--sometimes my neighbors slam their doors too hard or I can hear them thru the wall. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens. But the management at the Flats have made my experience absolutely amazing and I am truly sad that I have to move.
When it comes to people being "reported" for large gatherings....I cannot say whether it was management or maybe it could've been someone else that informed the school. But if people are being reported that means that they were doing something wrong. We are in a PANDEMIC and people were violating the governor's guidelines by having a mass gathering of 40+ people. I am not at all surprised this got reported, but one cannot say for sure it was the Flats themselves.

There are definitely other places to live in Las Cruces, but the Flats are definitely the closest to Burrell which made it very appealing to someone like me who likes to wake up 10 minutes before class. Oh, and there's an in-unit washer/dryer which for me was a necessity. The only real con I can say? There's no recycling, but apparently that's a New Mexico thing.
Hi! I recently got accepted to BCOM. I’d love to live at the Flats but it seems like there are no units available! Would you happen to know when units usually get posted online or know of anyone looking for a replacement roommate next school year?

Hi! I recently got accepted to BCOM. I’d love to live at the Flats but it seems like there are no units available! Would you happen to know when units usually get posted online or know of anyone looking for a replacement roommate next school year?
bruh, you could have just DM'ed them. This is an old thread and barely anyone would be looking at this now. If you can call the Flats by phone and ask them to waitlist you at the Flats, maybe that would work. Most units open in summer. And we have multiple 2nd years leaving in June or so this in 2021, so I would just make sure to be waitlisted for a place if possible- if not simply just quicker to grab a place once they open.