2020-2021 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone not heard anything yet? I was complete 10/14 havent heard a single thingggg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II right now! And there were 4 more dates available in April!

- Also! I wanted to add that I was complete in late October. Good luck to all of you still waiting on an II too! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
II right now! And there were 4 more dates available in April!

- Also! I wanted to add that I was complete in late October. Good luck to all of you still waiting on an II too! :)

II right now as well! Secondary completed 10/29.

Reactions: 1 users
Did accepted folks send thank you letters to their actual interviewers, the admissions team, or neither?

Did accepted folks send thank you letters to their actual interviewers, the admissions team, or neither?
both, got accepted in june off of waitlist from january interview. only 1 interviewer replied to me lols

• Care
I sent an email thanking the admissions committee and both my interviewers. One interviewer and the admissions committee responded. I think it’s a good post-interview courtesy to send a thank you email even if they don’t respond.

Reactions: 5 users
Just got an II! So happy! Definitely had given up hope. Set my date for 4/12

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Received a II today. Still some interview days left in April

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
both, got accepted in june off of waitlist from january interview. only 1 interviewer replied to me lols
Ahh thanks everyone. I only asked since I emailed both... admissions responded, but my interviewers didn't haha

Does anyone know if these are II's for waitlist spots?
I doubt it. The private facebook group for the incoming class of 2025 only has 93 people in it. Of course, there are probably accepted students who haven't joined the group yet, but I think this is a good sign that they're still interviewing for acceptances and not only waitlist spots.

Waitlisted, interviewed 3/12. Should I send in a letter of intent? If so, do we send it to the admissions email?

Does anyone know if letter of intents have made a difference with getting off of waitlists at BCOM specifically?
I sent one while on the waitlist last cycle. Admission will say thank you and add it to your application. Did not help me. Maybe it helped someone else.

Just got a call yesterday that I've been pulled off the waitlist and offered admission. Interviewed 3/5, Got a waitlist email on 3/17, and acceptance on 3/26

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
For the people who have received an acceptance off of the waitlist, did they just call you or email you as well?

Congrats to those pulled off the waitlist!! I can imagine how exciting that can be! :love:

Did you do anything between being WL and getting the acceptance call?

Congrats to those pulled off the waitlist!! I can imagine how exciting that can be! :love:

Did you do anything between being WL and getting the acceptance call?
Nope nothing at all. The gap was only about 8 days.
For the people who have received an acceptance off of the waitlist, did they just call you or email you as well?
Got a call and an email few hours later

• Love
does waitlist email actually say waitlist or just that your status will be updated in the future?

does waitlist email actually say waitlist or just that your status will be updated in the future?

The subject of the email literally says “you are on the waitlist” and then it says in the email that if there is a status change, they’ll notify you

The subject of the email literally says “you are on the waitlist” and then it says in the email that if there is a status change, they’ll notify you
Mine says I wasn't offered a seat at this time and that I would be notified if there is a status change. There was no mention of a waitlist in the subject of the email. I guess thats a rejection? Doesn't seem very clear

Mine says I wasn't offered a seat at this time and that I would be notified if there is a status change. There was no mention of a waitlist in the subject of the email. I guess thats a rejection? Doesn't seem very clear
I’ve heard someone get a similar email like this. Maybe you should email them and ask for a clarification?

I’ve heard someone get a similar email like this. Maybe you should email them and ask for a clarification?

I second this, I don’t really know what to make of that. It says in mine “The Medical Student Admissions Selection Committee recommended your application be placed on the Waitlist for the Class of 2025. If there is a change in your status, we will notify you immediately.” So it’s clear in that it’s the WL. I’d definitely email or call just to clarify

Just received an II here. I quickly turned it down, but first noted that there were still six interview slots available. I hope it goes to someone here!

Received II today. Scheduled for 4/12. Secondary submitted in July. A week ago they emailed and said they hadn’t received confirmation of my graduation from undergrad. So I sent it in and got an interview. On two WL and we’ll see how this goes.

anyone know if they're doing a second look day or something like that for accepted students?

Got an II yesterday!! Late applicant OOS 3.5/3.5/504. Sent primary 3/3, secondary 3/12, reached ready to review 3/22. I’m on 2 waitlists and received 3 Rs. Fingers crossed

Reactions: 7 users
Decided to withdraw my II (after deciding on another school closer to the family!). Hopefully, it goes to one of you on here :)

Reactions: 8 users
Withdrew my II today. Extra spot for one of you good people.