2020-2021 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys! I was accepted on 12/21 and just got an email that a package from ACOM is going to be delivered tomorrow... sorry if someone already asked this earlier on in the forum but did anyone else get this?? I’m so confused and excited at the same time lol

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys! I was accepted on 12/21 and just got an email that a package from ACOM is going to be delivered tomorrow... sorry if someone already asked this earlier on in the forum but did anyone else get this?? I’m so confused and excited at the same time lol
I never got an email but I got a package with a backpack and coffee cup.

Reactions: 1 user
Yea! It has your acceptance letter and some other things like a confetti cannon, coffee cup and a backpack

Members don't see this ad :)
Man. All I got was a coaster and a pen.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Sent in a letter of interest today after being waitlisted post-II back in November. Hoping for the best

Do you get an email when they make an admissions decision or do you have to just keep checking the microsite?

Pre-ii rejection.
I was completed Friday, but the email says that they looked at my app twice... twice in 2 days? Sounds odd but w.e.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Pre-ii rejection.
I was completed Friday, but the email says that they looked at my app twice... twice in 2 days? Sounds odd but w.e.
I got the same email when I was rejected too, after only being complete for about a week - also thought it was kinda strange but I did apply late here

I got the same email when I was rejected too, after only being complete for about a week - also thought it was kinda strange but I did apply late here
Well guess I’m not the only one, but it’s strange that they sent me complete email on Friday, and then the R on Tuesday and claim they already went through my app twice? Could be true but I was really hoping to go here.
Can’t win them all.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
For my accepted peeps (PS - Hi, can't wait to meet you :D), have you received matriculation documents yet? I see something about this in the portal but have neither received an email nor physical papers through the mail.

For my accepted peeps (PS - Hi, can't wait to meet you :D), have you received matriculation documents yet? I see something about this in the portal but have neither received an email nor physical papers through the mail.
I've heard that matriculation packets will be sent out in about a week (aiming for January 20th), but I've also heard the 15th being thrown around as a possibility. I also haven't received anything from ACOM. This is what I've heard in the GroupMe. Join it, if you haven't already (link is a few pages back, I believe)! We'd love to get to know you!

Got a complete email earlier today, how long does it take to get an II?

Got a complete email earlier today, how long does it take to get an II?
N=1, but 15 days for me. Of course, YMMV. Not sure how/if that time frame has changed as we've gotten further along in the cycle.

I've heard that matriculation packets will be sent out in about a week (aiming for January 20th), but I've also heard the 15th being thrown around as a possibility. I also haven't received anything from ACOM. This is what I've heard in the GroupMe. Join it, if you haven't already (link is a few pages back, I believe)! We'd love to get to know you!

Spoke with Mrs. Ryals yesterday and packets will begin being sent out next week.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got that A today too, from 1/8🤙🏻🤙🏻

Reactions: 5 users
Can anyone comment on the drug test that is required for matriculation? Is it a urine test or hair follicle test, and in what time frame is it expected to be done?

Can anyone comment on the drug test that is required for matriculation? Is it a urine test or hair follicle test, and in what time frame is it expected to be done?
urine. needs to be done before the first day of April. more details will be in the matriculation packet you get soon.
Edit. not first day of class but april 1

• Wow
urine. needs to be done before the first day of April. more details will be in the matriculation packet you get soon.
Edit. not first day of class but april 1
This raises the question of what students accepted post-April 1st need to do? :lol: I'm pretty sure they interview into June right?

Edit: not that it matters for us, but I am a curious person...

This raises the question of what students accepted post-April 1st need to do? :lol: I'm pretty sure they interview into June right?

Edit: not that it matters for us, but I am a curious person...
yeah, they say 4/1 so they are not dealing with 200+ students without a screening a week before the semester. If you are accepted after that date they will accommodate you.

Do either of you know if ACOM will allow us to include any portion of our moving costs, $1k equipment fee, $2k deposit, etc in our first year loan disbursement?

Definitely won’t allow the 2k$ seat deposit. I’m not sure on the others though.

EDIT: Not your moving expenses either.

Do either of you know if ACOM will allow us to include any portion of our moving costs, $1k equipment fee, $2k deposit, etc in our first year loan disbursement?
I do not believe so. The only COA increases I've heard of being offered are if you need a new car/car repairs, have children or need to pay for COMLEX exams.

You can also find the equipment much cheaper from students moving on for rotations/residency. You'd order the kit as normal, then return the pieces you were able to buy from previous students.

I mean the school gives you COA which is the total amount you can borrow. You then determine how much you need to get you through your first year. You can include your 1k for the equipment fee and moving cost into that calculation because you will not need 80k to live in Dothan. To put it into perspective I took out 10k under the COA, I will say I am married and had some savings but we are doing fine. For moving and equipment expenses I factored that into my COA and then put it on credit cards and once I got my loan payment I paid everything off.

The 2k for deposit and tuition will have already been paid so it will not factor into loans, but consider that is 2k less you pay for tuition the 1st year

Did anyone recently get off the pre II waitlist and receive an interview? If so, did you update them with any information regarding grades, volunteer information, etc. Thank you for your time!

hi everyone, is the 2020 match list working for you all? Just wanted to take a look at where people have gone
It is not working and we were told they are aware and will fix it soon - OMS II

Did anyone recently get off the pre II waitlist and receive an interview? If so, did you update them with any information regarding grades, volunteer information, etc. Thank you for your time!
Hey, I was on the waitlist and I interviewed on 1.15.2021. I did an update in the fall (around 10.2020) to send in my summer grades but that's it.

Hey, I was on the waitlist and I interviewed on 1.15.2021. I did an update in the fall (around 10.2020) to send in my summer grades but that's it.
Do you think I should update them even if the classes I took weren’t any prerequisites?

I've been on the pre-II waitlist since August lmao I sent my updated grades in December but have not heard anything. Should I just give up hope at this point?

• Care
I've been on the pre-II waitlist since August lmao I sent my updated grades in December but have not heard anything. Should I just give up hope at this point?
It's not over yet, friend.
They'll continue to interview for several more months. Assuming your GPA/MCAT/EC's are near the cutoff values for the school, you've definitely still got a chance still.

When do you usually get your Zoom link prior to the interview?

Hey is it true that they reject all applicants with sub 500 mcat? What if everything else is solid besides the mcat? I have been just marked complete and under review but I’m hearing those with sub 500 mcat got screened out:(

Last edited:
  • Hmm
wait do you mean sub 500 or sub 509. because sub 509 is def not true
Hey is it true that they reject all applicants with sub 509 mcat? What if everything else is solid besides the mcat? I have been just marked complete and under review but I’m hearing those with sub 500 mcat got screened out:(

Hey is it true that they reject all applicants with sub 500 mcat? What if everything else is solid besides the mcat? I have been just marked complete and under review but I’m hearing those with sub 500 mcat got screened out:(
Not true, I know a friend who had 497 that got in, but had extremely great ECs/Clinical experience

• Care