2020-2021 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have done some research...but I still need some help. Why ACOM? Just got accepted. I am torn, I already have 2k on LUCOM. Please send haaaalp...
You can find plenty of opinions about LUCOM here on SDN. Personally, I'd eat the 2k and go to ACOM based on reputation alone.

Members don't see this ad.

Hiya, everyone. Got an II in the ol' email a few days ago. Quite excited, but the earliest date was a few months out. I'll check back with everyone in February, haha! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Was randomly checking the microsite and saw II requested! Interestingly, I didn't get an email or anything until I confirmed my interview, so make sure to check your microsites. It's my first of the cycle and just wanted to say to keep your hopes up, everyone!

Complete 10/2
506 MCAT, OOS, ORM
I did this too and saw II requested also! Thanks for posting this. I’m SOOO excited!

Are there interviews that take place outside of work hours? I just started a new job and I doubt they’d let me take a day off yet.

Are there interviews that take place outside of work hours? I just started a new job and I doubt they’d let me take a day off yet.
Pretty sure no.. the interviews occur during business hours and then they had us attend the info session and meeting w deans etc.

I’m gonna decline my offer of admission to this school and hope it goes to one of you. How do I do this? The portal has no option to decline.

Hmmm... I've paid my deposit and everything but haven't been added to the group for like a week ):
they take a while to add people because they have to give confirmation of payment to the person who manages the social media, and since its technically break right now it will take even longer.

Ive submitted my secondary since mid October and my stats er the portal has shown"Complete and In Review" since then. I havent received an email as to whether I am on an interview waitlist or not, so not sure what to make of this. Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, has anyone been received an interview and/or acceptance with a <500 MCAT?

Also, has anyone been received an interview and/or acceptance with a <500 MCAT?
in the past, I have heard of 498 getting acceptance. But the competition is only going up making it more diffcult

I took my casper last week and my score still isn't updated in the portal - how long does it take? I thought Casper was automatic.

Accepted yesterday!!! Do I need to pay the deposit before joining any Facebook or GroupMe groups?

Accepted yesterday!!! Do I need to pay the deposit before joining any Facebook or GroupMe groups?
The Facebook, you won’t be accepted to until you’ve paid. The GroupMe is open but the week of orientation we will start deleting people who won’t be attending ACOM.

The Facebook, you won’t be accepted to until you’ve paid. The GroupMe is open but the week of orientation we will start deleting people who won’t be attending ACOM.
Do you know where I can find the link to the GroupMe?

Congratulations! When did you interview? (I’m trying to figure out how long it takes them to give an answer after the interview.)

Congratulations! When did you interview? (I’m trying to figure out how long it takes them to give an answer after the interview.)
I interviewed this past Friday, 12/18! They told our group they would try to get everyones decision out before they went on their holiday break.

I interviewed this past Friday, 12/18! They told our group they would try to get everyones decision out before they went on their holiday break.
That’s really cool of them. I interview on the 8th and I’m hoping to know by the 15th because of some other decisions I need to make.

Hi all, I hope you're doing well! Does anyone know how to set up E-check through ACOM's site for the first deposit? Or will we be forced into credit card (with extra fee) for first deposit? Thank you!

Im
Hi all, I hope you're doing well! Does anyone know how to set up E-check through ACOM's site for the first deposit? Or will we be forced into credit card (with extra fee) for first deposit? Thank you!
I'm no expert, but all i needed was my account and routing number and I was able to use the echeck for the first deposit.

How would you guys compare this school to lecom-erie? Have a II their and debating which school is better in terms of rotations, board scores and residency match

I interviewed here on 12/4 and got accepted on 12/11! I forgot to post here! But I got a really great vibe from this school. The interview was so relaxed and I vibed with my interviewers really well.

I filled out the FAFSA today, it was very easy and took only about 5 minutes because they were able to link my IRS information.
They did tell me I have an EFC of about 15k though which I thought was odd considering I am quitting this job to attend school, but in the end it's going to be 90% of me (most of us) taking out loans anyway I assume.

I filled out the FAFSA today, it was very easy and took only about 5 minutes because they were able to link my IRS information.
They did tell me I have an EFC of about 15k though which I thought was odd considering I am quitting this job to attend school, but in the end it's going to be 90% of me (most of us) taking out loans anyway I assume.
The school already sent you the fasfa info??

Hi everyone! i recently got a II and it is the first one of my cycle. Would anyone be willing to share any advice - to those who have completed their II or to those who have been accepted!! (CONGRATS!) would be very grateful :) thanks guys.

Is it suppose to say "complete" when everything is done? Mine doesn't say that.

I was wondering if you submit your secondary to acom recently and still get the “don’t forget to submit your secondary” email is this something I should disregard or should I contact them - basically I submitted two days ago my secondary to them and today I got the don’t forget to submit email

I was wondering if you submit your secondary to acom recently and still get the “don’t forget to submit your secondary” email is this something I should disregard or should I contact them - basically I submitted two days ago my secondary to them and today I got the don’t forget to submit email
It costs nothing to contact them and make sure your app is complete.

Reactions: 2 users
It costs nothing to contact them and make sure your app is complete.
agreed. I just called. They were very helpful!! : D

FYI: they are uploading casper scores yesterday and today, from what the nice lady was telling me

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! i recently got a II and it is the first one of my cycle. Would anyone be willing to share any advice - to those who have completed their II or to those who have been accepted!! (CONGRATS!) would be very grateful :) thanks guys.
I interviewed today and it was very easy and conversational. They asked me things about my app (grades, my score improvement on the MCAT) and asked about stuff from my personal statement, so it was obvious they had read my file. Just know your app well and have answers to the typical questions (why medicine, why DO, why ACOM) and you should be fine. It was definitely the most relaxed interview I’ve had.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if ACOM is receptive to update letters/letters of interest? I'm on the II-waitlist

II last Thursday. I was on the Interview Waitlist prior. Earliest Available date was late February but I was able to reschedule for earlier. I am beyond excited. There is hope for those that are on the Interview Waitlist.

Last edited:
II last Thursday. I was on the Interview Waitlist prior. Earliest Available date was late February but I was able to reschedule for earlier. I am beyond excited.
When were you complete and when did they waitlist you, if you don’t mind?

When were you complete and when did they waitlist you, if you don’t mind?
I was complete in October and waitlisted soon after. They sent me the II right after my Fall 2020 grades were verified. So I’m not sure if they were waiting for my new grades